Martingale EA - page 9

Lcfx,

Please excuse the interupption. I think wolfe is at work and I wanted to post with you so that it may be more clear for him, when he comes back to read this.

There are two possibilities...There is banked balance or floating equity.

Banked Balance would always be before and is most common...is this what you want?

ES

P.S. However your next trade will give you a harder target to reach as you will be using the same exposure.

P.P.S. I have started a page in my blog concerning this thread.

lcfxtrader:
Wolfe,

Did you write the take profit and stop loss % to be based on account balance before the trade progressions begin (I believe this is what I requested wasn't it)? The EA has been taken profits, however, all the open positions have not added up to the % TP that I have set. Could you please explain why? All the orders should be closed on either the SL or TP being hit. I can send you print screen if needed.

Thanks,

lcfxtrader

ES,

How else would you set the TP or SL if the positions sizes are constantly changing? Help me to see your side of it. Let's work as a team. By all means anyone reading this please speak up.

Thanks,

LCFX

Wow...that would be a lot of open trades for the EA to get closed before the next tick opening them right back up again...

sheeesh...there must be some sort of delay these coders use..

I do not know what strategy you are using LCFX, but you got me curious...

Being that the EA finds its direction, correlations or lack thereof cannot be of any help....

ES

lcfxtrader:
Wolfe,

Would it be possible to code the EA with an optional switch to manage all the open trades if multiple currency pairs are traded? I would use TP & SL % on the starting balance.

Thanks,

LCFX

I have a bad habit with late edits...i write and write and write...I try to proofread b4 I hit submit...but then there is so much more I want to add...

Please re-read.

ES

If you wish to trade multiple instruments I would suggest an additional MT4 platform for each instrument as there is no valid reason to slow down float with multiliple instruments with this "multi-directional on the fly EA" and how it functions. Usually the reasoning for multiple instruments is to slow down float within one platform.

ES

LCFX...I am your science teacher!

Folks...I cannot communicate ...help me out here...

class...speak up...

ES

lcfxtrader:
Have you heard of the KISS method (my 8th grade science teacher thought this to me)?

Are you saying use a TP (ex: 8pips) for each order and next trade setting say around 10 pips that with a increase the lot size for each order that way you banked amount will always be greater than the draw down in the floating trades once the trend is in place? If I am off base here, please show an example with numbers.

Thanks, LCFX

ES,

I understand it because I am the one who sent it to Wolfe for coding.

In your example:

Are you saying use a TP (ex: 8pips) for each order and next trade setting say around 10 pips that would increase the lot size for each order that way your banked amount will always be greater than the draw down in the floating trades once the trend is in place? If I am off base here, please show an example with numbers.

Thanks, LCFX

I think you are misunderstanding this EA...Position size changes are simply a reaction to the market direction for that instrument...it is trying to find it's way...its direction....the buys and sells are cancelling each other until it can start pyramiding in a trend giving it directional weight to find it's conservative TP...

(2.5% of banked, exposure adjusted per 1K)

ES

lcfxtrader:
ES,

How else would you set the TP or SL if the positions sizes are constantly changing? Help me to see your side of it. Let's work as a team. By all means anyone reading this please speak up.

Thanks,

LCFX

LCFX,

did the red text help?

ES

LCFX,

Print out what I wrote in the long post...you need to learn this...it's easier if you keep a three-ring binder for review of hard copies.

Seriously...I do it all the time...I might even print out some of your posts too!

ES

Reason: