Blessing 2 - page 222

Tf

Slack:
Nice! Can you tell us which TF for each pair?

GU daily, the others 30min

George - did you use your own settings or irons?

Are all settings the same for all the pairs you traded?

Excellent results. Is that a live account?

georgedim:
10 Months demo trading, 4 pairs.

Starting deposit $ 5000

Return on investment 361%

Starting lot 0.01, MM off.

36% per month

I was hoping for 40% per month, but as you can see on the “each month of the year graph”, the number of trades has dropped dramatically in the recent months. It would be quite interesting to see what’ll happen in next two to three months.

I believe it's a demo

I can't see the point in showing 10 months of demo results. We all know demo works like clockwork, things are a bit different live.

Show us some live results...

pudseybear:
I can't see the point in showing 10 months of demo results. We all know demo works like clockwork, things are a bit different live. Show us some live results...

This was a forward test, which, IMHO, is completely useful and very accurate. I also do some forward demo testing and find it is nearly identical to my Live acct (IBfx). It's back-testing that is always in question.

georgedim:
GU daily, the others 30min

hello, georgedim

could you please show us your .set file???

look forward for blessing 3 to be released

Backtesting

Hey everyone,

Sorry it has a taken a little while to post the method I use for backtesting. It's Grad finals week for me and I have been quite overwhelmed lately. However I put together a paper detailing how I install, block internet traffic to and from my backtest only version of mt4, and load data. I'm still working on the going on the ftp. I'll send out logins as soon as I finish some of the data files.

Once you read through the paper I'm posting in this message it will make sense how my ftp will be structured. My goal on the ftp is to have:

1) a lot of different data sources in 1m tf

2) all *.hst files generated

To load data all that will have to be done is to copy the downloaded files from my ftp and copy them to the mt4/history/account directory. Couldn't be simpler!

I kept the loading of historical data in paper brief since my ftp should alleviate a lot of those headaches. But there are some interesting things about loading data such as the hst files not being written until you close mt4 and reopen.

Anyways, I hope everyone that is serious about getting consistent results in strategy tester will take a look through the paper and hopefully provide some feedback so that I can improve the paper and make it simpler for everyone. Feel free to contact me with a pm or at engr.eric@gmail.com.

Thanks everyone and good luck.

Files:

Excellent work! Thank you very-very much.

And good luck with Finals.

Reason: