Blessing 2 - page 136

Thanks azmel, glad to see you found my settings useful! viptel has a point though, alpari UK only allows max of 2 open lots, so you should check that your open positions at any one time dont exceed 2. Otherwise, you'd need to go with another broker that offers both hedging and micro lots (eg www.gomarketaus.com)

Yes, it is true about the 2 lot limit that Alpari Micro has imposed as mentioned by bobsters and viptel.

I chose Alpari Demo simply because their demo accounts never expires (as long as it remains active) and they do not truncate the statements like IBFX does.

Another broker that could possibly work with micro lots is ActivTrades. They do not have the 2 lot limit like Alpari does. I don't open a demo account with them because I think their demos only last around 30 days or so.

bobsters:
Otherwise, you'd need to go with another broker that offers both hedging and micro lots (eg www.gomarketaus.com)

bobsters, you mentioned something about hedging. I then take it that Blessing 2 will not compatible with US brokers such as IBFX? It will be a pity as IBFX has penny lots which will be attractive to small investors.

Woops, my bad .. I was thinking about another EA which I'm working on, and that needed hedging, so just happened to mention hedging on this thread as well Blessing doesnt need hedging.

Are you thinking of going live with these settings ? If so, better do more backtests to see how they'd fare in 2008 .. I'm not sure that the settings I provided (GBPUSD and EURUSD) do so well in 2008.

azmel:
Yes, it is true about the 2 lot limit that Alpari Micro has imposed as mentioned by bobsters and viptel.

I chose Alpari Demo simply because their demo accounts never expires (as long as it remains active) and they do not truncate the statements like IBFX does.

Another broker that could possibly work with micro lots is ActivTrades. They do not have the 2 lot limit like Alpari does. I don't open a demo account with them because I think their demos only last around 30 days or so.

bobsters, you mentioned something about hedging. I then take it that Blessing 2 will not compatible with US brokers such as IBFX? It will be a pity as IBFX has penny lots which will be attractive to small investors.

hey

should read the thread and my posts about actvtrades

i had to quit them because they wanted me to stop my blessing ea

i made profits for 3 months before that they realize it !

Hi Azmel,

I have read your post about blessing and IBFX so i just wanted to confirm that blessing does not use hedging and it can work great on ibfx.

I have been running it live for a month live on ibfx micro account and results are good so far.

alex84:
hey

should read the thread and my posts about actvtrades

i had to quit them because they wanted me to stop my blessing ea

i made profits for 3 months before that they realize it !

Hi Alex,

Does ActivTrades give any explanation why they didn't want you to use Blessing (apart from the fact that it makes money

bobsters:
...better do more backtests to see how they'd fare in 2008 .. I'm not sure that the settings I provided (GBPUSD and EURUSD) do so well in 2008.

Yes, you are right about backtesting. Attached are my results for EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDCAD and USDJPY, respectively. Looks like it will not be profitable in the long-run.

This strategy has a lot of potential. It is just a matter of getting the right settings.

IF you look back in previous pages of this thread you should find the mail they sent me. They found blessing to be to agressive trading...

i run it fine on ibfx and fxdd now

i hope i wont have the same issue with that 2 brokers

Togu:
Hi all,

I was wondering what would happen if I increase the lots while opened positions. Will it have any effects on my existing DDs or will it increase the lots after hitting TPs?

lol, just look at my equity curve :P

hey togu

where did you get this balance curve from ?

is it only blessing trades or ? what pairs ?

ganapati:
Hi azmel,

Thank you so much for your sharing.

I am using Alpari UK as my demo account for forward testing also.

I have the same reason why I pick up AlpariUK as yours.

I have live account with FXDD but now is thinking to change to Alpari UK

because Alpari UK seems offerring better spread for customers.

I also have the question that, in Alpari UK micro, 2 standard lot limitation

is said on a base currency.

Is that meant each currency-pair limit 2 standard lots?

I calculated that 2 standard lots should be enough for Blessing's DD to "11th Level" but it actually never happen as far as I tested.

Also, Level 11 may hit the EP.

Am I correct?

Ganapati

i already hit 11 levels many times and with different pairs, i use larger EP than default

ganapati:
Really?

In my forward testing, Blessing hit 7/8th level many times (actually, a lot of times) but rarely hit the 11th level. I use Iron's setting files (4H and Daily).

So, what is your EP setting?

Yes and i'm live since february 2009

as i use a 20000 usd account i chosed to set portion 1 for each pair i trade and EP to 70%. the key is to know the limits of each pair so you make sure you never hit this EP. I don't follow the 2500usd recommended balance per pair, i always thought it was to small.

Backtests are helpfull to give an idea to compare pairs behaviour but you'll see that you'll hit higher levels live than in tests. always 1 or 3 levels more (without EP). Backtests = carefully use them. they'll never be a clue

i use only 5.1 version and last iron sets on eurusd usdjpy and audcad

Reason: