W D Gann Indicators and others - page 29

Hi mladen,

I tried to copy the indi into the reply but it doesn t work...

Am I allowed to post indis as a new member? Or can you please tell an old man how to put it into a reply?

Otherwise it is to find here:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179938

All I can change in metaeditor coding is the color, haha, thats it. So an expert is needed.

wolf300:
Hi mladen,

I tried to copy the indi into the reply but it doesn t work...

Am I allowed to post indis as a new member? Or can you please tell an old man how to put it into a reply?

Otherwise it is to find here:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179938

All I can change in metaeditor coding is the color, haha, thats it. So an expert is needed.

Wolf

Everybody is allowed to post. But, similar to other forums (FF for example has the same rule) first 3 posts are moderated to prevents spamming.

As of "###Gann_SQ9.mq4" indicator : I can not find it there either. Could you be more specific exactly where it is or attach it (go to "go advanced" and there you can attach regular stuff to your posts)

Aah, I see.

You can find the indi at the pyrapoint thread, when you scroll the first site down.

Thanks for your patients !!

wolf300:
Aah, I see.

You can find the indi at the pyrapoint thread, when you scroll the first site down.

Thanks for your patients !!

Wolf

It is using the last ZigZag leg for that. You can control the underlying ZgZag with ExtDepth, ExtDeviation and ExtBackstep parameters.

Thanks mladen for having a look at it.

To explain better what I was thinking: The zigzag was not in the focus, it is way more the gann-levels calculated from the first/last Hi/Lo of the swing.

IF they where calculated in 22.5...45 degree steps from the Open/Close of the candles, NOT from the zigzag Hi/Lo, it would be amazing how often price retraces at 45 degree and the very important level 90 degrees. Many times to the pip.

You can see it today on USD/JPY M5 Chart. Look at the swing low 106.241 and then the swings up and check out 90 degrees.

You can see what I mean by comparing ###Gann_SQ9 indi and the long term-brilliant indi from Matt Trigwell ;-) .... Square of nine.mql by starting it from the close of the downswing candle to the swing I mean to the upside.

You will see, that price retraces exact at the 90 degree level of it and ###Gann "miss" the levels because it is starting from the highs and lows of the candles.

You can even measure how many pips I am talking about when you measure from the zigzag low to the close of the candle, the same amount as from the ###Gann 90 degree to the "Square of nine" 90 degree where price hit... 9.4 pips.

Hope you see now what I mean. English is not my language, so explaining is not that easy.

This is only one example from a lot I found out the last days, so I asked the creator of ###Gann if he can change the start from hi/lo to open/close because I can not code anything.

I have more Binary Options in my mind than chacing pips, but it is going parallel of course.

W D Gann s Ideas are just mindblowing. I am working with the "magic square" indi AIGannSquare and it is just sick how often price hits the 8th levels, even on little pullbacks.

Woring with it mostly in the M5.

There is only one thing I am not so sure about: Where exactly to draw start and end of the rectangle named "A" (start is easy, where to pull to not)

I love Ganns thinking!

Especially his Idea about deviding into 8th is brillant. So if we go by 0.125...0.25...0.375...0.50 PERCENT and so on, we are on the best way to follow his success...

Maybe somebody can make an indi out of the Percentsteps to start it from swing Hi/Los and drawing levels like the ###Gann to the upside and the downside but without zigzag. Swing Hi/Lo has to be confirmed anyway, zigzag is useless.

OK, mladen, I hope that was not to much. Thank you again.

Wolf

hi

please share Gann Percentage indicatore

thanks

Hi mladen,

Very often we do not see the forest because of so many trees, like the old saying in my country.

When Price changes, it is doing it always in measurable percent-steps and Ganns cutting in 8th is the key to that, even from small pullbacks, not only from the important swings.

My question: Can you change ###Gann from showing DEGREES into PERCENT STEP LEVELS please?

Because percent-steps are starting from the highs and lows, degree-steps from the open and close.

That way this indi with zigzag included would be a much better tool.

To confirm zigzag turning points we need to use other facts anyway, like old fractal-levels, emas crossing or gann levels from the wonderful " Square of Nine.ex4 " drawn for long term, or divergences.

Regards

Wolf

Oh, I forgot:

Percentsteps in 8th parts ofcourse. 0.125% from current Hi/Lo price of the pair(zigzag Hi/Lo)... 0.25%, then 0.375%, 0.50%, 0.625% and so on till 1.5 or 2% of the current Hi/Lo price.

Ok, that was not to hard.

I just changed the "angle levels" to 12.5 steps and violà, got what I want...almost.

From step to step only one more pip each is showing, that`s good to me.

Price + 0.125% = X ; Price + 0.25% = X and so on...

Now ###Gann shows: Price + 12.5 degree = X + 1 pip

Price + 25 degree = X + 2 pips

Price + 37.5 degree= X + 3 pips and so on...

No Help needed for that, always good to try first.

Can someone share the indicator (Gann Percentage) from post #288? Thanks.

Reason: