Range Bar Chart on MT4 - page 35

nix:
Looks like you're using a free version that is floating around on the web. This sort of chart behavior should not take place.

Where i can buy the version without this problem?

ssshhhh:
Where i can buy the version without this problem?

It is here since March 2008 Constant range bars

Don't forget to set ShowGaps true. The behaviour which you've described if correct according to original range bars definition by Vicente M. Nicolellis Jr., the guy who invented them.

Increasing the visible chart range?

Does anyone know if it is possible to increase the range of price bars visible in the chart window? The zoom feature on metatrader 4 only has about 4 or 5 settings and if you zoom out enough the candlesticks become nothing but lines.

I've changed my screen resolution and fonts but I cannot increase the visible range in the chart window.

Please don't post stolen and obstolete software!

lcfxtrader:
Here's a script if hasn't been posted. My question is there an alert indicator or perhaps a script mod that can be done that would indicate when the range bar is complete?

This is because what ypou are sending is stolen from me. When you open it with text editor there is ID string showing $Id: //mqlservice/mt4files/experts/scripts/s-Constant Range Bars.mq4#16 $

From it you can read that this is mqlservice file and #16 means that this is version 16. So it is not only stolen but also outdated as the current version is 18.

Here's a script if hasn't been posted. My question is there an alert indicator or perhaps a script mod that can be done that would indicate when the range bar is complete?

Range

Range bars were a great idea but it stops the use of normal indicators. Range bars themselves are an excellent innovation.

TEAMTRADER

Range Bar Indiicators

Standard indicators seem to work fine with the "commercial" version I have. I have put dozens of different indicators on various offline charts. However, MTF indicators will not work unless they are enhanced to recognize the time period of the offline chart you are using.

michal:
This is because what ypou are sending is stolen from me. When you open it with text editor there is ID string showing $Id: //mqlservice/mt4files/experts/scripts/s-Constant Range Bars.mq4#16 $ From it you can read that this is mqlservice file and #16 means that this is version 16. So it is not only stolen but also outdated as the current version is 18.

Sorry! I didn't know this. I will be contacting you soon about buying this from you.

Renko bars - not an ea

I find this indicator about the best for 'range bars'.

It's not an ea, & will let you manipulate your charts over the weekend. Enjoy

Backtest bars with Nix's newer version.

Anybody has created trustful history bars for back test using Nix's newer back test version?

I am running with this issue:

Say, 20pips bars. Open 1.4020 close 1.4040.

After closing at 1.4040 price goes a "first" time down to 1.4015, then

price goes up to 1.4050, then

Price goes down a "second time" to 1.4014 (1pip less then first time), then

Price goes up to 1.4060 and close a second up-bar.

In a "created" back test bar, when running a visual, the price does not move down

the "second time" . It just hold at 1.4050 for a few seconds and close bar at 1.4060.

Obviously this makes impossible to optimize any type of EA for renko.

We have an excellent lab with tick data... but does not help.

It seems that Nix's Renko EA creates the bar storing values and once a value is a "pivot value"

(inside the bar range) price does not go back to it.

Any suggestion anyone? Maybe I am just missing something.

Reason: