Range Bar Chart on MT4 - page 12

michal:
You probably don't understand how CRB should look like. These two items are not correct in your charts if you want to call them range bars:

1. In your bars close of the bar can be different than high or low. This is not possible in correct CRB implementation.

2. In your bars a gap opening a new bar is not always in the direction of the previous bar.

Please, if you want to discuss with me address these technical issue and not your personal problems.

At least you should read my profile. I'm not only a trader but I'm also paying my bills from FX activity. This makes me professional according to the definition of 'profession'.

I have your CRBs Michel, and they just are not as good as the TFX tools, period. If you have never downloaded and used the TFX Charts yourself, then you should not make so many false claims in the attempt to bad mouth another package, it is just not proper or good business. I have used both systems side by side, so I know the facts and know the differences. Plus your two points above are also a mistake, so let it go already. As for profits, I welcome the opportunity to compare several months worth of statements with our names one them. If you need to boast, then you also need to put your money where your mouth is. I just don't get the attitude you come off with, nor do I understand why you can't accept and/or respect other people's opinions. It makes you seem foolish and even confirms it with those of us who know you are wrong.

Walander:
I am going to defend Michal, as I defended him also in the FXAW forum. For the sake of this being the last time I ever post about and or in Pip Range Chart Threads- STOP attacking Michael.

TFX System and Michal range script are obviously two DIFFERENT perspectives of what a Pip Range Chart is. Although, I have very little experience and or bothered to read what exactly the definition is- the pip range charts that were shown on the FXAW forum DO not look consistent to the understanding of what a "PIP RANGE" is.

So stop attacking, and honestly- find something better to do. TFX has obviously created another definition of Pip Range Charts and have made it on their own. To each their own, and grow up please. TFX charges a ridiculous amount of money for their subscription fee, so either way I'm discouraged. I believe Michal has done a considerable job CONSIDERING MQL's coding limitations.

I have NEVER attacked Michal or anyone for that matter, it is quite the opposite actually. I only cited the differences in the systems as I see them for the benefit of members of this forum, but have grown a bit weary of the flawed comments made about other systems when I know the facts for myself from firsthand use. If TFX's system is so flawed, then why have so many forum members tried to gain free access to their system and why has Michal and others tried so hard to duplicate their setups. I learned about TFX here and decided to look for myself and not relay on second hand information, which proved to be a good decision. Additionally, I don't consider $125.00 per month ridiculous, it is actually a bargin when you consider everything TFX provides. It is quite obvious that I am one of the few people who have actually downloaded both systems, so I have a better perspective then almost everyone else. Plus the upgrade I am downloading this weekend will give my some additional tools like the CSC that looks to be amazing so far. I will report those findings after I have had the opportunity to test them, but that's another topic for another day.

LavaTrader:
I have your CRBs Michel, and they just are not as good as the TFX tools, period. If you have never downloaded and used the TFX Charts yourself, then you should not make so many false claims in the attempt to bad mouth another package, it is just not proper or good business. I have used both systems side by side, so I know the facts and know the differences. Plus your two points above are also a mistake, so let it go already. As for profits, I welcome the opportunity to compare several months worth of statements with our names one them. If you need to boast, then you also need to put your money where your mouth is. I just don't get the attitude you come off with, nor do I understand why you can't accept and/or respect other people's opinions. It makes you seem foolish and even confirms it with those of us who know you are wrong.

For me is obvious that you are not aware what you are talking about. CRB definition is clear and easily to find on internet. It is no sense to deny facts as these two points are simply valid. You either don't understand them or just gone into denial mode. Either way it does not prove anything.

You claim that you have my bars, I actually doubt it. Can you give me your order ID or other reference? Last update was this Monday and I am 100% sure that you don't have it.

I can accept and respect any opinion when there are some arguments. Your only argument is that your system is the best under the sun. For me this is too little to take is seriously.

You can call me foolish and whatever you want. It simply proves that my comments are making you really nervous as they probably will threaten your sales. However, at least you should try to spell my name correctly.

Wow, this could go on and on.

This is taking the same route as on another forum. Only the names have been changed to protect the innocent.

The problem is, that FXtrainer pays 50% commission to people so they can go onto forums and sell his kit.

Seen it many time before with all types of systems (usually crap) and they will defend it to the death so how can you expect an honest appraisal.

MQL’s range bars are still working as they should every day like a well oiled clock.

I do know what range bars are supposed to do and have used them over the years on TS and later MCFX

There you go honest opinion from an honest user who hasn’t (unfortunately) been paid a penny. But then again would you want it any other way?

Mart

PS. I am not saying FXtrainers system is crap.

I did have a look in for a few hours. I am not short-sighted and would have been happy to pay the man if he was talking about a major pipppies harvest.

For me though I did not see anything that I could not do on Met4.

However some people may be happy to pay for charts/chat room/training.

I am though put off straight away when I see “Referral Scheme Earn $xxxx” on any trading web site. If anything is any good you don’t need paying to sing it’s praises.

Michal, I bought your CRB script and like it very much. I contacted you with some questions just after I purchased the script but never received a reply. Anyway I have a different question now.

I have the CRB script on my chart and it started to display incorrectly so I opened a new chart using the same pip range and it displayed that same period totally different. Why is this? If you want I can upload images on here to show you what I mean or if you prefer I can email them to you in private. I should also tell you that I am using a pip range less than one pip - I set the script to 1 pip and chose not to rescale it, using it with a broker on a 5 decimal price chart.

The post above about what is a correct Range Bar. You said that for it to be a real Range Bar chart each candle must show the same value of high and same value for close. I see this is what your CRB script does. Now this does not happen when I do set it to use less than 1 pip. Is it possible this can or will be fixed in a later version?

FseXy:
Michal, I bought your CRB script and like it very much. I contacted you with some questions just after I purchased the script but never received a reply. Anyway I have a different question now.

I have the CRB script on my chart and it started to display incorrectly so I opened a new chart using the same pip range and it displayed that same period totally different. Why is this? If you want I can upload images on here to show you what I mean or if you prefer I can email them to you in private. I should also tell you that I am using a pip range less than one pip - I set the script to 1 pip and chose not to rescale it, using it with a broker on a 5 decimal price chart.

The post above about what is a correct Range Bar. You said that for it to be a real Range Bar chart each candle must show the same value of high and same value for close. I see this is what your CRB script does. Now this does not happen when I do set it to use less than 1 pip. Is it possible this can or will be fixed in a later version?

Hi FseXy,

can you send screen shots in error either here or directly to me? Only then I can investigate them. However, please note that 5 digits brokers usually use 10 pips minimal between ticks. Therefore if you set their charts to less than 10 pips you can see strange results as the charts would act in price ranges which are unrealistic.

michal:
Hi FseXy, can you send screen shots in error either here or directly to me? Only then I can investigate them. However, please note that 5 digits brokers usually use 10 pips minimal between ticks. Therefore if you set their charts to less than 10 pips you can see strange results as the charts would act in price ranges which are unrealistic.

Yes, I was not intending to use the small less than 1 pip range bar chart for trading. Just curious as to if it would cause problems on any other normal range bar chart. I read that when using an EA that is attached to a chart it can freeze the charts but this was put down to being caused by a bug in MT4 itself in an earlier build.

Image 1 is the first one which I closed after seeing it started to display differently outside of ranges. I then opened another chart for the same range and again did not rescale as stated previously. See image 2 for this. I place the vertical line at the time scrolling to the first candle that displays the 19:11 time on each chart. As long as this does not affect normal range charts of 1 pip and above then I am happy.

Files:
1.jpg  118 kb
2.jpg  105 kb

FseXy:
Yes, I was not intending to use the small less than 1 pip range bar chart for trading. Just curious as to if it would cause problems on any other normal range bar chart. I read that when using an EA that is attached to a chart it can freeze the charts but this was put down to being caused by a bug in MT4 itself in an earlier build. Image 1 is the first one which I closed after seeing it started to display differently outside of ranges. I then opened another chart for the same range and again did not rescale as stated previously. See image 2 for this. I place the vertical line at the time scrolling to the first candle that displays the 19:11 time on each chart. As long as this does not affect normal range charts of 1 pip and above then I am happy.

Hi,

what you are seeing is the interpolation algorithm which is used when range of bars is lower than a price move. As ticks are not stored by MT4 they are interpolated (similar as in the backtester). This should not affect normal operation when reasonable bars range is used.

Note also that you probably reached maximum number of bars (65000) set in options. This causes too some problems. You should decrease nmber of bars by setting MaxBars to lower number.

Thanks for info and advice Michal, yes indeed I will be using a reasonable number of pips for the range bar chats!