Frank EA and 10p3 EAs - page 21

Frank mod EA. Visual statement updated (trading at GMT night):

Files:

10p3v0.03 EA updated visual statement. Trading at night as well.

Files:

Margin Levels

Looks like both margin levels are doing okay. Although MaxMargin states the lowest margin level incident is recorded on 12th May, it is actually earlier than that (18th April for Frank_mod and 29th April for 10points_3). This is because MaxMargin wasn't activated prior to these dates.

As of today, the minimum recommended capitals for both EAs still stand. We'll continue to monitor this and I will recalculate this again once a new all-time-low is triggered.

It is because I used H4 timeframe to see this visual statement and I changed it to D1 (to see whole the history). So, when I changed timeframe to visual chart so everything (DD and margins) was started to monitor from the beginning.

newdigital:
It is because I used H4 timeframe to see this visual statement and I changed it to D1 (to see whole the history). So, when I changed timeframe to visual chart so everything (DD and margins) was started to monitor from the beginning.

Is that so? Hmmm... I'll take a look at it. That shouldn't happen because both AccountEquityAnalyzer and MaxMargin writes Global Variables before they exit and re-read them when reactivated so that it can continue where it left out.

I think what happened is you accidentally deleted the AccountEquityAnalyzer's Global Variables with the script. This will cause it to reset.

You will only need to delete these GV if you want to start a new and fresh forward-test from the beginning.

Anyway, I will check on mine, i.e. switching TF and see if the monitors reset themselves. If it is so, I will make some modifications.

Yes, everything is fine up to now with those 2 EAs. I just waited untill all the trades were closed and posted the images.

It is not a problem with this reset as we know the history DD and history of margins.

10p3v0.03 Margin Level

From newdigital's statement, I count there are a total of 0.63 lots open at approx 9.46am on April 29th. Based on Alpari's 1:100 leverage account, that equates to a margin of 630.

So, by taking the drawdown figure recorded by the AccountEquityAnalyzer, the margin level at that time is approx 819%

In summary, the EA is still quite safe with the $5000 deposit.

Different brokers set different levels for margin calls. I'm not sure about Alpari, but let's just say that margin call occurs when the level drops below 50%. So by doing some math, we can now calculate that: should the account started with anything less than $1556.47, then on April 29th at 9.46am, the account will hit margin call.

So based on the four months forward-test by newdigital, do not start with anything lower than $1556.47 when using the same setup.

But of course, this is just based on four months forward-test and assuming that the April 29th incident is the worst-case-scenario. But, we don't know what will happen in the future, and things can get worst. Therefore, we should keep forward testing this EA for at least one year, and by then we can safely say what should be the safe minimum deposit for this EA trading on 11 pairs.

In the meantime, to give the EA some extra room, minimum recommended capital for this set-up is $3000for every 0.01 lot.

Best regards,

Azmel.

Frank mod EA, 4 pairs forward testing:

Settings and everything - see 1st post of this thread.

Files:

10p3v0.03 EA:

EA, settings, timeframe and pairs - see this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176044/page2

Minimum deposit to trade - see 1st post of this thread.

Files:
10points1905.jpg  148 kb
Reason: