Frank EA and 10p3 EAs - page 31

Frank_mod EA visual statements updated.

Visual statement using this indicator:

As to the EA/settings/pairs/timeframe - look at the first post of this thread.

Files:

10p3v0.03 EA visual statements updated.

Visual statement using this indicator:

As to the EA/settings/pairs/timeframe - look at the first post of this thread.

Files:

ND, any particular reason why did you stop testing NZDUSD and CHFJPY?

I am using timefilter with 10p3v0.03 EA and I am/was testing it with 11 pairs including NZDUSD and CHFJPY. I had stop loss for those 2 pairs.

11 pairs are too many for this kind of EA (10p3v0.03 EA). For example, I am testing Frank_mod with 4 pairs and everything is fine with Frank_mod EA.

10p3v0.03 EA and Frank_mod EA are very different. We need more bigger deposit for Frank_mod and this Frank_mod EA is more profitable and less of risky. But deposit should be more bigger than for 10p3v0.03 EA.

Besides, the pairs as CHFJPY, EURCHF and so on (slowly going/moving pairs with sudden big movements) are very dangerous for 10p3v0.03 EA and it may be nothing for Frank_mod EA as this Frank_mod is buy/sell kind of EA (and 10p3v0.03 EA is trading in one direction within the cycle preselected by MACD).

Hi

I've just tried to forward test Frank EA, but it's not opening trades... It's strange - since MT4 build 216-17 there's a problem with opening trades.

Look at the example of error:

Frank_ud001_eurusd_mod EURUSD,H1: OrderSend error 130

What's more, I've noticed that not only FrankEA is affected by this error but also other EAs.

I tried to used that EA on StrategyBuilder and NorthFinance.

More about this issue can be find here: New MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 216 - MQL4 forum

lokigfx:
Hi

I've just tried to forward test Frank EA, but it's not opening trades... It's strange - since MT4 build 216-17 there's a problem with opening trades.

Look at the example of error:

Frank_ud001_eurusd_mod EURUSD,H1: OrderSend error 130

What's more, I've noticed that not only FrankEA is affected by this error but also other EAs.

I tried to used that EA on StrategyBuilder and NorthFinance.

More about this issue can be find here: New MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 216 - MQL4 forum

It is not your mistake and it is not EA's error.

It is something with the brokers.

For example North Finance.

They are using data from FXPro broker. And this FXPro broker is having the price data in 5 digits.

For example:

So, normal price for USDCAD is 1.0693 but for North Finance (FxPro): 1.06938

And the settings for EAs with this North Finance (FxPro) should be multiply by 10.

For example:

Because 100 pips with North Finance (FxPro) = 10 pips for any other broker (IBFX, FXDD, Alpari etc).

Besides, I received the following message to my North Finance terminal:

It means that all demo accounts will be closed in 1st of October. And I will have to move all EAs from North Finance broker to IBFX, FXDD or Alpari broker. I am very sorry for this situation as many EAs were forward tested during the many years with one account. Fo example, I attached Goldwarrior EA to the chart in January 2006 and never de-attached and still trading on the same account. And I will have to move 4 or 6 EAs from North Finance to the other broker during the weekend.

So, it is something with the broker.

I do not know about StrategyBuilder ... may be it is the same case, may be this StrategyBuilder is not accepting 0.0 lot size, may be minimum stop loss value for StrategyBuilder is 15 pips instead of 10 pips ...

It is something with the brokers.

Use IBFX, FXDD and Alpari and may be some others.

Error 130 is invalid stop loss value.

But Frank_mod EA does not have stop loss. This EA is using buy/sell orders with different lot sizes instead of stop loss. You could not have this 130 error with Frank.

I am forward testing this Frank_mod with no problem with good results.

Files:

By the way, it is very choppy market condition and non trading as well (I am looking on H4 timeframe) - for EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDCHF, USDCAD, AUDUSD, EURJPY, AUDJPY, NZDJPY; for D1 timeframe: USDJPY, GBPJPY, GBPCHF and some others.

So, nothing seriously happened with EAs in this condition.

I am using indicators/templates from this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178404

There are 1 or 2 elite section threads about

EAs and market condition

where I explained which EA is working better for which market condition.

By the way, many EAs based on breakout are not affected on this condition: they are not trading.

Most trend following EAs are not trading or losing (losing: trend followeing EAs which are always trading).

It is good for buy/sell EAs (Frank_mod) and for few others.

This market condition is very good for Electra EA and sometimes for Alpha EA.

Just look at visual statements for Electra.

Where to look?

I am posting the statements every weekend.

Go to this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176044 and on the first post you will see the link (red words).

If we look at the performance since 1st of August (not for all the performance but just since 1st of August only) so ... with 5,000 starting deposit:

Balance 5,600

Equity 7,600

19 pairs

by 0.01 or 0.02 or 0.03 lot size.

But this EA was losing for few months before that.

No, it was like that: Electra was winning for few months, than lossing, now - winning.

It remind me SBS_v1.21: this EA performed very good and when I attached it to my live account so EA started losing ... but when I deattached after few weeks so EA started to perform very good once again on demo.

Changing the lot size towards the direction of the trend

Hi NewDigital,

I've posted this in the free forums but can't seem to get a response. I've just copied and pasted from the v1+v2mini forum and maybe i can get a response here.

I'm not sure if this makes sense but can someone program this ea a little different from what it's doing now. Why aren't the lots increased towards the trend. Example:

buy .1 and sell .1 -- buy takes profit because it's an uptrend

now we have

buy .1 and sell .1 + sell .2 -- again buy takes profit because of an uptrend

now we have

buy .2 and sell .1 + sell .2 + sell .4 --buy of .2 takes profit and keeps trending up

now we keep increasing the buy

buy .4 and sell .1 + sell .2 + sell .4 and sell .8 and so on

keeping the winning trade increasing but always half of the highest losing trade.

But as soon as the trend reverses and takes profit on the losing side, the ea must close ALL buy and sell orders and it will still be in profit instead of loss.

There are many benefits to this style of trading instead of the original one because it follows the trend (maybe).

Also, I think the smaller orders (the .1, .2, .4 lots and so on) going against the trend should be dropped one at a time, like maybe at the 4th or 5th level because it doesn't make sense to leave those orders open. All you're doing is increasing the amount of drawdown. I want to know what you think.

Karlo.

Reason: