3_Level_ZZ_Semafor (indicator for MT4) - page 38

pls, sent the mq4 file, so that we modify it to your taste

The only Mq4 file I have is attached.

It is the single level but useful nevertheless when used with setting 13.

Regards

TEAMTRADER

I'm interested in this indicator as a starting point for other needs that I have. I don't care that it repaints. I like that it identifies multiple levels of swings, but this is pretty much a function of how many bars each level takes into account.

What I'd really like instead -- or in addition to -- is a multi-semaphor indicator that considers not just the pivots based on surrounding #bars, but also looks at the relative sizes of swings as they occur, or even well after the fact (because I don't care about repainting).

Consider any large swing on a chart. By easy visual inspection, *after-the-fact*, you can spot which are the "major", "medium" and "minor" pullbacks that occurred that resulted in the final "large swing". In most cases, those pullbacks were both by time and price, but occasionally you will see pullbacks that are significant ONLY by price. They occur so fast, with so few bars, that indicators such as the one for this thread do not indicate pivots for these price pullbacks.

Ideally, I would like something that can analyze a swing and point out the 1st,2nd,...Nth largest (by price) pullbacks that occurred for that swing. It might be a past swing, or it might be the current swing, in which case it is fine if a new pullback occurs that then changes the order/ranking of each of the pullbacks.

If anyone knows of something that considers swings by virtue of their size (either by abolute price, or percentage of the swing), I'd appreciate knowing about it. I'm studying algorithms and looking for something until I find it or write it (which is very difficult for me).

I studied various modified versions of 3_Level_ZZ_Semaphor.mq4 that were posted in this thread. Sadly, several of them introduced bugs. Some versions added a ton of complexity and functionality which are not my primary interest, but I'm not certain that these other versions actually work or are useful, compared to the original work.

I made some minor changes, but did add an additional 4th period level. I did not add alerts (and don't plan to). I did fix the bugs in the versions that tried to offset the bubbles away from the pivots, so this version should work, AFAIK. The bulk of the credit still belongs to the original author, asystem2000. Thanks for sharing.

pips4life

Files:

Is there a simple way of making the level dots bigger?

I have been able to change the indicator to my personal settings as standard on the MQ4 file (21/55/89/233) but I can't see how to change the sizes of the dots on screen. It defaults back to the smaller ones at every change of timeframe.

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

TEAMTRADER:
Is there a simple way of making the level dots bigger?

I have been able to change the indicator to my personal settings as standard on the MQ4 file (21/55/89/233) but I can't see how to change the sizes of the dots on screen. It defaults back to the smaller ones at every change of timeframe.

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

TEAMTRADER

If you are referring to 4_Level_ZZ_Semafor, simply use the Symbol_1_Size to Symbol_4_Size parameters for that

Thanks, when I looked again with the above knowledge it is so obvious.

TEAMTRADER

These Good Semafor indie... but Repaint !

Files:

It's New Creation Semafor indie... but stillRepaint !

All semafor indicator repaint - it is how they are used in conjunction with other indicators and trendlines that is important.

TEAMTRADER

TEAMTRADER:
All semafor indicator repaint - it is how they are used in conjunction with other indicators and trendlines that is important. TEAMTRADER

TEAMTRADER

Just one correction : if they are based on repainting / recalculating indicators (there are semaphore indicators that are based on non-repainting indicators and they do not repaint). If they are based on zigzag they must do exactly the same things as zigzag

Reason: