Requests & Ideas, the beginning - page 254

Halden:

Hi all,

I've learned a tonne from this forum, but this is is my first post. I've been working on trying to figure out this problem all day today with no success. Please help!

I found this fantastic indicator (attached), but have had zero luck writing the iCustom code to plug it into an EA. 

I tried calling the different buffers as below:

double upB = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"Bollinger Squeeze v8", 1, 12, 50, 14, 0, 0);

double loB = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"Bollinger Squeeze v8", 1, 12, 50, 14, 1, 0);

double upB2 = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"Bollinger Squeeze v8", 1, 12, 50, 14, 2, 0);

double loB2 = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"Bollinger Squeeze v8", 1, 12, 50, 14, 3, 0);

double mm = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"Bollinger Squeeze v8", 1, 12, 50, 14, 4, 0);

double cciline = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"Bollinger Squeeze v8", 1, 12, 50, 14, 5, 0);

double cciline1 = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"Bollinger Squeeze v8", 1, 12, 50, 14, 5, 1); 

Then I'd add something if statements to say:

if (cciline > 0 && cciline1 < 0) uptrend = true; 

if (upB = red) golong = true;

if (loB = red) goshort = true; (i'm just riffing on these last three lines of code--but you get what I mean.

Would anyone be able to shed some light on why my iCustom settings aren't working?

Thanks! 

Bceause you are reading the wrong buffers

mladen, would you please elaborate? I suspected that was the problem, but after several hours wasn't able to make it produce a result. 

Thanks!  

Halden:

mladen, would you please elaborate? I suspected that was the problem, but after several hours wasn't able to make it produce a result. 

Thanks!  

If you are looking for a "squeeze" you don't need that indicator at all - simply compare atr to standard deviation and if deviation is less than atr, then you have a "squeeze", otherwise, there is no "squeeze" - any additional condition (like checking the cci) is as simple as it gets (you can use the built in functions). So, after all, all can be done using built in functions in a very simple way

Dear Mladen,

I would like to ask you for an ... "Upgrade" of a creation of you ... see attached indicator ...

The request is : 1. To limit calculations by user select able definition of "Date & Time" ... (Start From -End to). 2. To Filter results, by showing only Highest and Lowest Cross UP levels and Highest and Lowest Cross Down levels, within that Period of Time ...

In the attached picture i have signalized accordingly for date 5 December 2016 in EurUsd 1 Minute chart ....

Thank you for your support and help ....

Best Regards

Dimitri

Files:
Dimi SR.mq4  9 kb

Hi mladen, I wish to ask you two modifications on this indicator:

1. an option to show only first arrow of the same colour;

2. an option to have the arrow more close to the candle.

I hope you can help me.

Thank you very much in advance.

hello there is a possible to make some arrows on WPR(William % indi ) ? at overbought and oversold thanks.

Halden:

Thanks!  

Sorry for sticking my nose in but how do you want to use this indicator?  Buffers 0-3 are used for drawing.  Buffers 4-5 are line/bar, which are the same.  Whatever your use I think I'd only use buffer 4 or 5, unless you need to know the color of the bar.  Thats why I ask how do you use this if you have time for an answer.

lapigna:

Hi mladen, I wish to ask you two modifications on this indicator:

1. an option to show only first arrow of the same colour;

2. an option to have the arrow more close to the candle.

I hope you can help me.

Thank you very much in advance.

Try MRTOOLS upgraded ver with a lot of options,only needs help by moderators for show ma line with true/false option,originally it is not showing the line.

mntiwana:

Try MRTOOLS upgraded ver with a lot of options,only needs help by moderators for show ma line with true/false option,originally it is not showing the line.

Many thanks for your help.

Just as a reminder : if two ma crosses indicator is used and the period of one is set to 1, then it is the same as price crossing ma (any ma with period set to 1 is equal to price itself)
Reason: