Requests & Ideas, the beginning - page 13

Where to start?

I have just now subscribed to elite section but am very much confused with so many good looking EAs.

Can anyone please suggest me which is the best EA so far which has performed equally well in all 4 pairs so that I can start forward testing it.

Thanks.

takechance:
I have just now subscribed to elite section but am very much confused with so many good looking EAs.

Can anyone please suggest me which is the best EA so far which has performed equally well in all 4 pairs so that I can start forward testing it.

Thanks.

First of all you need to read this thread

Besides EAs are coming to this thread

And some EAs which are very interesting for the portfolio sets are posted in this section https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

Weekly performance thread are most usefull.

But your question is more related with this thread.

BTW, many people were started their own threads about EAs which may be very interesting.

Thank you Newdigital.

You are always so helping. Why does a system fail in the long run when it is performing brilliantly at the moment? It is said that market will adapt everything and no indicator can beat it consistently. The only constant things in any market are price movement and volume. In forex though we do not have volume data but price movement is same random manner like any other market.

Has any EA have been developed so far ONLY and only on the basis PRICE and no other indicators? Any enlightment on this from the veteran members will be highly appriciated.

takechance:
Thank you Newdigital.

You are always so helping. Why does a system fail in the long run when it is performing brilliantly at the moment? It is said that market will adapt everything and no indicator can beat it consistently. The only constant things in any market are price movement and volume. In forex though we do not have volume data but price movement is same random manner like any other market.

Has any EA have been developed so far ONLY and only on the basis PRICE and no other indicators? Any enlightment on this from the veteran members will be highly appriciated.

Price only? I don't know ...

qqq EA based on the price only. It was posted in portfolio section as port of some portfolio.

BTW the situation is not really bad: there are many EAs which are profitable during the 8 months forward testing almost every month (i did not wrote "starting forward testing time" sorry). I am forward testing many EAs in elite section since January this year.

The problem is the following: people want to have as many pips as possible to double deposit in one month for example. But it is the other story. But if you have deposit big enough and agree to increase it slowly during the one year ... so it's no problem.

Problem is the brokers: different brokers, different data, disconnections etc. So please read this thread first.

Many years ago one trader came to me: "look, it is fantastic! this EA may double deposit in one year! almost impossible!!!"

I think you understand my opinion. There are no any problem with "normal" EAs. People have it (TPE EA is profitable now concerning equity, StepMAExpert_1.42 is very profitable - equity as well, Envelope 2.11 is profitable for equity, Goldwarrior is very profitable for equity as well - and many others - see portfolio section). All of them are "normal" EAs to increase deposit slowly. Of course if you want "trade for live" (live for trade) you should have deposit big enough. And you should ask for improvement some particular EA according to your deposit size (MM).

Now the people want something different which will allow to increase deposit more quickly (much more risky but more quickly/profitable if lucky). Not because of deposit size only.

The other problem: how many people are trading using EAs? Less than manual traders of course.

nyachty:
Hello Newdigital, Great thread! I really enjoy all the work shared. I have, what I think, is the holy grail for what I've been looking for but with no alert attached to it. Is it possible to get this indicator to work as an alert? Thank you so much in a advance.

this indicator show past...min and higr for a few bar..it is no holly grail...

trade advice

Forexboss,

You must of NOT read the post because I clearly said, "I have, what I think". I don't trade with this indicator only. It starts a series of events for ME to look at a trade. It's a metaphorical term "holy grail".

Maybe you should spend more time elsewhere critizing instead being a negative trader.

Can you identify these indicators........?

Name the indicators

Files:

Anyone can help me to make an EA?

Hi,

just subscribe to this section.

I 've open a topic about this in other section.

Please refer to this thread further details:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175283

thanks in advance.

Programming Help for Simple EA

Hello All,

I have combed through all of the available MA Cross EA's on this site and none have been able to do exactly what I would like them to do. Naturally we all have our own trading style and my attempts at cutting and pasting code have not helped me much. Therfore I'm asking for some help from you expert coders out there. Here is what I need the EA to do:

Use on EUR/USD 1 Hour Chart

When the 10EMA (Close) crosses up through the 50EMA (Close) I would like the EA to immediately place a BUY of 1 Lot and send an E-Mail alert and make a Sound Alert. This BUY order should have a stop loss of 15 and a trailing stop of 15.

After that trade has been placed I would like the EA to place a SELL order of 1 Lot at the open of the bar 3 bars away. For example, if a BUY order was placed at 1:15 then I would like the SELL order to be placed at the open of the bar at 4:00. This should also send and E-Mail and make a sound alert. It should have a trailing stop of 15 and no stop loss.

There will be no CLOSE ORDER conditions on either order or stop loss on the counter-trend order as I assess the market conditions manually and then decide on the appropriate TP EXIT and stop loss, etc.

And naturally I would also like it to do the opposite:

When the 10EMA (Close) crosses down through the 50EMA (Close) I would like the EA to immediately place a SELL of 1 Lot and send an E-Mail alert and make a Sound Alert. This SELL order should have a stop loss of 15 and a trailing stop of 15.

After that trade has been placed I would like the EA to place a BUY order of 1 Lot at the open of the bar 3 bars away. For example, if a SELL order was placed at 1:15 then I would like the BUY order to be placed at the open of the bar at 4:00. This should also send and E-Mail and make a sound alert. It should have a trailing stop of 15 and no stop loss.

There will be no CLOSE ORDER conditions on either order or stop loss on the counter-trend order as I assess the market conditions manually and then decide on the appropriate TP EXIT and stop loss.

So, if anyone is willing to help out, it would be much appreciated. I hope my explanation makes sense and this would help out in automating my manual system. I sure hate missing crosses while I'm sleeping or out at dinner, etc.

Thanks

Sharing Variables between EA's?

I need to know how I can share variables between EA's running on same MT.

Is possible using only memory or it has to be done using files?

Reason: