Requests & Ideas, the beginning - page 4

Hi Fx-Programmer,

How about translating a MQ4 expert into tradestation easy language?

Sada

sadaloma:
Hi Fx-Programmer,

How about translating a MQ4 expert into tradestation easy language?

Sada

Sure, but lets make it the best one, since this is a lot of work - especially if I have to import and translate mq4 Indicators which are referenced in The Indicator(complex ones - not Macd..).

With all due respect - I have not seen the EA that I wish to translate yet. Thus, I am playing with variables on the current ones, and writing a very complex one based on Neural Networking and Some new Math ideas .

If u have an ea that will astound me, and is worthwhile the effort at this stage - sure I will do the work .

Here's another system of mine.

I trade this one manually.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/trading_systems

And have good results.

One guy has already coded an EA for it, you can see attachment in the threads on the link above.

Although in the backtesting it proves to be profitable, there are a couple of instances where to me, it seems that it's not relying on other conditions thus opening trades when it shouldn't and closing open trade when it shouldn't.

Bascially, the way I trade it for a buy position:

Is, if the EMA has crossed over to show uptrend, and if +DI & -DI have crossed over, while +DI and ADX is above say, 15-20, while MAcd is above 0.00, then I buy it.

To close the long trade, I wait for either the first instance of EMA crossing over to show downtrend, or When either MAcd signal line is comnig out of the histogram, or just as the macd reaches below -0.00

And the way I trade it for the short position, is, if the EMA has crossed over to show a downtrend, and if +DI & -DI have crossed over, while the -DI and ADX is above say 15-20, while macd is below -0.00, then I short it.

To close the short trade, i wait for either the macd signal line us coming out of the histogram, or just when the macd reaches above +0.00

I tried to simplify things for the guy to see if he could have another try at it since his first attempt was pretty close. So I'm wondering if someone else would like to have a stab at coding this EA. I think that it would be good if this one was concentrated on a lot, because in my manual trading I'm very selective in which trades I take on and very patient with it.

The system I use this on is either the 30minute, 1hr, or 4hr charts. The 1hr and 4hr charts are the most profitable... Daily charts are even better, but I don't think I have the patience to sit there and wait for one good trade for 300-500 pips.

Here's an interesting one, EA needed for it though.

Hey guys,

This is an interesting indicator (see attached)...

I've been playing around with the settings, and this one seems to follow the market pretty well.

extern int periodAMA=12;

extern int nfast=15;

extern int nslow=10;

extern double G=1.0;

extern double dK=0.1;

If an EA could be made to say:

If one yellow square = go long.

If yellow square turns pink - close long go short... and visa versa.

Or even allow a waiting time, like 2 or 3 or 4 squares of the same color to be made before placing trade.

And of course, with Magic numbers, stop losses, open one trade at any one time on that currency pair, trailstop, take profit. IF TP not activated, STOP , close trade and open the another the other way if bar color changes.

Files:

Here's an image that uses the above indicator as well as the ADX to confirm and looks promising.

If you want the EA to hunt out for the larger trades, allow the EA to execute when the ADX & +DI line reach 25 for a long position. And to close that trade when the ADX line and the -DI line reach 25 and go short.

At the moment the chart shows a mark of 20, shown by the horizontal line on the ADX indicator.

Files:

Bunch of Questions

I just joined this group but it looks like I'm going to be here for a while.

1. If I lose my internet connection, or if MT4 crashes, or I reboot my computer, are the EA's capable of re-gaining control of their open orders once everything is back up and running smoothly?

2. I am referencing this thread:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173440

Where newdigital said:

Also Igorad is finishing the create some special script to generate the Statements. Because if you are testing several EAs using one copy of Metatrader you will want to get the Statements for each EA and each pair sorted by the time of open the orders (for example you want to have the detailed statements for all opennings from 8 till 18 for EURUSD only and for one EA only). So the second version of this script is issued already and we are still testing this script. It will be posted in subscribtion section first (for the discussion with the people who are professionally interesting in this subject and who are subscribers) and later will be here (of course).

Is this script being used or is it still in development?

3. From that same thread, cockeyedcowboy:

This is interesting. As I have been working along the same lines. Started with this on v3 of MT. I use a "RunTime Serial Number" to keep track of all the EAs actions, on a bases of each run. This number contains the SystemID, the currency pair information, the date and time of starting, and a 3 digit number I call a PullTab number, Which is different on each run on all EAs that are started and will stay with that EA till its turned off. This unique number is automaticly generated and used for all Identification purposes. Based on this number, information about the EA can be accumulated in many different ways includeing financial and performance information. There is no limits as to how one could assemble information. This was done without the need of this magic number, so called.

Also have created a Communications Module, which not only has a MessageCenter to communicate to the operator in terms of logs, alerts, and emails, but an ErrorHandler, as well. The error handler by the way has 4 levels of recovery, from just a log entry to a complet system shut down. The errors here are not only platform and server related but user defindable as well. Did this in v3 mind you, although I must say had to use some code tricks the end results were not too user friendly.

Have also done in v3, Programed the ability to control all functions of an EA with the use of script files one which is the right of the EA to trade called "TradeSchedule" which can be writen weeks ahead. Another which auto inputs all parameters of the EA at start up with the use of the signature ID which is past to the EA in the TradeSchedule script. The parameter file is called the "Signature" script and contains all the input parameters needed by the EA. The end reaults of this is the ability to preprogram your EA to not only have different start and end times each day, but the EA can operate differently on each day of the week as well. Like on sundays and fridays (the start and end of the week). How about when NFP numbers are coming out? In the future TradeSchedule file will also contains a list of currencies pairs that the EA is authorized to trade.

Projects that I am currently working on, as well as, converting everthing to v4, is a Registration Moudule. Were all operating EAs must registor there RunTime Serial Numbers and 'Profile' so all EAs that are currently in operations can see each other even if there are run from different broker platforms (limited to MT brokers). The benifits here are meny. Just think if you have a temperary connection downage, the EA will be able to recovery its Profile and existing orders and continue were it left off. This in connection with the ErrorHandler and MT's SL and TP inputs I can create a good emergency strategy to protect my account. By the way, I use the SL and TP order functions differantly then for there intended purpose. They are my EmergencyExit spread, were if I lose total control of the trade operations, this is were my exits will be. I defind my maximum losses in case of an emergency situation only with these. All regular SL, TP, and TS are on my system only and are generated from my computer. This may not make sence at first but stop and think about it you have two levels of protection here. One for normal operations and one for emergency situations.

The Registration Module will also, in the future, give you a means to conduct a portfolio Money Management stratagy based on all trades of all running EAs within each account. Just think of the possibilities this will open up.

The 'OrderDesk' and 'BackOffice', along with others, are contained in the OrderHandling Module which controls all orders to the broker. If one is running mutiple EAs and there are meny orders being placed at the same time you will experance some not getting filled. Here I am thinking in lines of the Hans123 brake out system as an example. Were if you have multiple pairs running they all try to place orders at the same time resulting in lost orders. The OrderDesk is the one to control the EAs and permit only one EA to control of the account at a time. Holding other EAs at bay for there turn at bat. The BackOffice provides the checks and balances to make sure the orders went through and everthing is ok before releasing the account for further transactions.

This sounds like a very cool project. Does anyone have any more information as to if this (or something with some of the same features) exists or is under development?

The concept of an "EA Portfolio" sounds very good to me. Since the very few EA's that actually make money in the long term do so rather slowly, running as many profitable EA's as possible at once will maximize profit. Running them all on one MT4 on one computer would also be optimal to minimize costs (although I'm not sure how realistic this is for the computers performance).

If it isn't being developed, I might consider doing this myself, rather than trying to develop an EA myself.

4. Is anyone using any of the EA's with real money? If so, which ones?

I will be testing Envelope myself and I will probably implement it onto a real money account in the near future.

Thanks.

To question 1: yes, once you get back online again, but while you are offline or the MT4 server is offline you have no control over them.

can't answer 2 & 3...

to question 4: No, I've not found any profitable yet. But Newdigitial has, but when I backtest them with metatrader.info data, I'm getting a lot of huge losses in the tests. So I'm werey in using them in live conditions.

Fizzleboink,

Some answere you may find in the following threads:

- https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

- https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

Portfolio discussion just started here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

Please participate in this discussion. Because we (members of this section) want to re-new EAs tested and to create portfolio (several EAs' sets). I will post non-tested EAs with pre-set files and backtesting results just for information and discussion and in the end of May (or in the middle of the May) we will decide about portfolio (we will decide all together).

As to profitability of some EAs tested so most of them were tested since the 02nd of January this year live (forward testing) with some good results.

asc 10 pip entry

I need help to program a 10 pip +or- entry after the close of the signal bar for entry on the EA under the forex form,the EA is listed under manual tradings systems its the last asc EA posted.

positive pips:
I need help to program a 10 pip +or- entry after the close of the signal bar for entry on the EA under the forex form,the EA is listed under manual tradings systems its the last asc EA posted.

Can you make it more clear?

You mean Labtend indicators (new ASCTrend from Igorad)?

Or old EA based on ASC (we don't have new one yet)?

Reason: