Join the Dots. - page 44

Fraud

I would stronly suggest you take at close look at all the info being provided for you on the forex v poker thread before you take any more advise.

Original rules say no trade, but Swing_ZZ is confirmed by MP's SHI, but on H1 not H4 as originally suggested, lets see what happens?

Files:
mike.gif  17 kb

Excellent System Thanks

I made $952 on this yesterday. Last time I did it I made $400 plus. That is over $1300 just for about 7-8 trades. I only have demo accounts, one with North Finance and one with ODL.

bubble:
I would stronly suggest you take at close look at all the info being provided for you on the forex v poker thread before you take any more advise.

Thanks for the heads up. MP would you like to say anything about that?

What about this idea? You enter the trade as Kamper originally described it on the H4, but instead of holding as the price fluctuates on the shorter timeframes, you exit and re-enter according to the lower timeframe zigzags for as long as the original trade is valid. ie before the next leg is drawn on the H4 chart. The idea is you get the original trade but in theory you also profit from the pullbacks. Just an idea.

sbguy:

I counted 78 trades from the 24th August to the present and they were all winners. Not one loser. And also there was no repainting at all against the direction of the HMA_Color so there was virtually no drawdown on any entry. There was plenty of repainting in the direction of the HMA_Color and it meant a lot of trades were exited very early and for comparatively very small profit.

Anyway there is where you tell me the ZZ and the pointer would have looked completely different if they had painted the same area in real time and I don't understand how they work. So the 90 million dollar question is how different is the historical version and real time version?

======================================================

very often with the cable you will get the pointer, the dot and the ziggy line and will assume that its now a good time to enter an opposite trade after one takes profit, but thats not always the case (although it is !)

with the cable, and a lot of others now, you will get the tp signal, and you should take profit. what happens next is time dependent more than anything else, because the currency can START UP towards its next resistance area, hit between the 17 and 32% FIBS and then RETRACE BACK TO THE ORIGINAL SUPPORT --- which is the original take profit point. At this point, the currency may actually drop a few more pips (you will know if you have the pointers, silverlinging and super signals installed --- if they form BELOW the tp point, then there is a lower price ahead !

In the real world this is of no great distress, because its rare that it falls by much but invariably this happens in the afternoon of the US session and also invariably, the price will not move UP from the original tp point until midnight, EST. While this is not written in stone, it happens way more often than not and should be paid attention to.

Essentially, while the tp point on the ziggy and the idea that the currency will now become an opposite trade to that which just finished is totally correct and is a perfectly decent place to enter the trade, one MAY accumulate some drawdowns if the price sinks a bit after you entered !

The ziggy is CORRECT in stating a new direction trade is starting, it just is a bit early about it sometimes because its not PROPHETIC, but simply reacts to the latest information it gets --- if there is more "later" information pointing down "later", the ziggy will drop ! What you are seeing on your charts is a "completed" ziggy movement and a reversal -- in real life you would probably see the ziggy move down a little more, or at least the currency start up, turn back down and make a dbl bottom or a slightly lower bottom, which would then become the "historic" reversal point !

phewwwww !

mp

Indicator

Kamper,

Would you be so kind as to furnish me with a link to download the LBR indicator you have in the above trade?

Thanks

azmel:
Attached is the Join-the-Dots Expert Advisor that I've downloaded from the MTI_and_E YahooGroup.

The EA was written by Legrupo with modifications made by Saidas. Thanks and credits to both authors. Originally it was on version 1.2 but I've added MoneyManagement and UseTripleFilters on it, so I renamed it as version 1.2.1A

I also attach the settings that I've used for the forward-testing.

Avoid using M1, M5 and M15 timeframes as they are too noisy and will create false signals. If using H1, H4 or D1 timeframes, do not use big lots because although these timeframes can yield bigger profit, they also can create huge drawdowns that can wipe out your account in one sweep. Remember this EA will place a trade at the first sighting of the dot. If the market moves the other direction and the dot repaints itself, you will have to ride the opposing trend until market recovers. If you don't have enough free margin, then your account will be wiped out.

I find that the M30 timeframe is the best balance overall.

What are the required indicators for this EA?

sbguy:
Thanks for the heads up. MP would you like to say anything about that? What about this idea? You enter the trade as Kamper originally described it on the H4, but instead of holding as the price fluctuates on the shorter timeframes, you exit and re-enter according to the lower timeframe zigzags for as long as the original trade is valid. ie before the next leg is drawn on the H4 chart. The idea is you get the original trade but in theory you also profit from the pullbacks. Just an idea.

=================================================

that is precisely what ive written a few hundred times and so i applaud your idea as being both OUTRAGEOUS and WONDERFUL, and perhaps worthy of entry into the forex wall of heroes !

personally, i can think of no more acculades greater than those, but will write you into my memoirs as one who was so illuminating to me !

ok, seriously --- good thinking, i can see its not just to hold a hat off your shoulders !

mp

KaMpeR:
Original rules say no trade, but Swing_ZZ is confirmed by MP's SHI, but on H1 not H4 as originally suggested, lets see what happens?

MP's SHI ? ....MP's LRC would have looked different on the chart, infact

LRC's make you see what you want to see!

SHI combined with other indies will only give you heads up for an

entry/exit.

Mukesh

Mukesh:
MP's SHI ? ....MP's LRC would have looked different on the chart, infact

LRC's make you see what you want to see!

SHI combined with other indies will only give you heads up for an

entry/exit.

Mukesh

======================================================

afraid i would have to disagree very strongly with you Mukesh, but you may be using a timeframe that doesnt work well that way, or something im not aware of.

on the longer tf's, which is where theyre usually used, they do a dandy job of showing final exits, trend and the complete visual movement of the currency.

that aint bad for a line, by golly !

mp

Reason: