Join the Dots. - page 46

kris:
Hi, Mr. MP and Kamper,

Thank you so much for giving us so much. It really takes a little while to digest. . . . . . . . . . . . . When I check them out just now, the results are amazing:3 lots of silver over $3000, 1 lot of gold over $1900, and 1 lot of AUDUSD negative $300.

I would keep monitoring other pairs as well and will report my observations.

Regards,

K

==================================================

thanks from this person, as we know it to be a working system that simply "burps" every now and again.

BUT THATS NOT WHAT I WANT TO TALK ABOUT ------ someone im doing some teaching with had gotten himself into a bit of bother about a few currencies that he was down a lot on and wondering if he should bail or not, which would have been a significant hit to his account.

being the absolute wonder I am with charts (lol) i could look forward to where it was due to drop, although i couldnt quite place the tp point exactly, at least not until yesterday and today. Needless to say, it dropped and he got out unscathed, although i would have held for more profit, but that is also not the problem.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, when you start trading, STICK with one currency until you clear your trades. The REASON is supremely simple --- if you get in trouble with the currency, if you have OTHER currencies moving up and down, you can EASILY destroy your account, because you wouldnt even know which currency to hedge to save your MARGIN !!!

you will probably go ahead and not listen to me, but perhaps SOMEONE here will heed these words and be saved a wipeout ---- trust that i know this from experience and will never do it again, not because it happened once, but because i see it happening constantly.

STICK WITH ONE CURRENCY until you have your profits, because its easier to defend ONE place then find yourself running all over the country or world defending EVERYPLACE ! (in truth, I wasnt thinking of any political parallels when i wrote this, BUT on the other hand . . . . . . . . . . . )

enjoy and trade well

mp

EA v1.3

I have modified the Join the Dots EA to incorporate a new feature called TradeDelay.

If TradeDelay is set to false, the EA will open trade on the first sighting of the dot.

If TradeDelay is true, the EA will wait until the next candle appears. If the dot does not repaint, it will enter trade. If it repaints on the new candle, it will wait again.

Regards,

Azmel.

Files:

azmel:
I have modified the Join the Dots EA to incorporate a new feature called TradeDelay.

If TradeDelay is set to false, the EA will open trade on the first sighting of the dot.

If TradeDelay is true, the EA will wait until the next candle appears. If the dot does not repaint, it will enter trade. If it repaints on the new candle, it will wait again.

Regards,

Azmel.

Azmel,

An option to take short trades only when price is below the hull ma and long only when above the hull ma would be excellent.

hello Azmel,

Thank you for the joining the dots EA. Its very exiciting and its one of the better EA I have tested so far. Since the dots repaint,

Is it possible for you to code this way:

Take the trade on the appearance of the dot, If it repaints, every 30 pips down the EA enters another trade. Closing the trade is the same. I feel we can squeeze more pips out of every trade.

Thanks once again,

chonghm

azmel:

Regards,

Azmel.

Hi Azmel

Thank you very much.

Another change please.

Open another trade please at the same time as the original trade, the new trade should have no TP, just a TS of 55, but should close if the first trades SL gets hit. Otherwise it must just be ignored by the EA once opened and should only be closed by the TS.

Cheers

Wayne

The TS of 55 must be active immediately that the trade is placed. It must not wait for the trade to get into profit!

Azmel,

A trading time function would help to further refine this method.

fxshadow:
Azmel, A trading time function would help to further refine this method.

Can you please explain exactly how you see this working and across so many different pairs on a H4 charts, would it be a viable option?

Cheers

Wayne

Azmel has reported that the EA works best on 30 minute charts. It has also been reported that trades entered during the asian session suffer higher drawdowns.

Is this true for all pairs or just specific pairs?

azmel:

Regards,

Azmel.

=======================================

funny part about hanging around with you robot nuts is im actually beginning to understand what youre talking about, and thats a whole lot scary !

while no one can quantify an individual days trading speed and momentum of movement into an EA (well, guess you can, if the bloody computer is the size of "big blue") but there are HIGH momentum days, LOW momentum days and, for lack of anything else, NORMAL momentum days !

during high momentum days, and especially on the FIRST day of any move counter to what the trend was the day before, there is little counter moves off of the main trend that is formed, including small or non-existent reverses. The ziggies and dots will be constantly repainting in the direction of the move, definitely in the direction of the trend itself ---- if the trend is down, the dots will appear, only to be forced down quickly, as momentum pushes against any LONG positions, and vice versa !

in LOW momentum days, the movements become lazy and RETRACES happen often. On the H1 and H4, you will have a dot formed after (lets say) a down and completed ziggy, BUT the currency will move up (between 15 - 32% with 15 normal) AND THEN RETRACE back to the support line it just left OR, if there is a arrow below the dot, it will retrace to the arrow value ----

MOMENTUM (ive said it again, by golly) is the overwhelming controller in this situation and of course to every observation, there is an exception, but invariably this is how the currency moves. In the situation where the currency RETRACES to form a dbl bottom, I have never seen it NOT complete its trip UP or DOWN as shown by where the previous ziggy ended !

so I am either saying to build in AI that reads the momentum or can judge what day it is after the trend change, or to essentially NOT WORRY ABOUT IT, since you entered a trade that may go down before it goes back up, but it will go up into profit, thats a given !

The averaging down feature thats being spoken of would be wonderful if it could be made to work correctly, but for a situation that happens perhaps less than 15% of the time, is it worth the complications and can the complications be made to work ?

Another reason behind my thinking this way is simply margin and time. I have gone long when the bloody trend was down, and simply left the trade without a stop loss and entered a counter (hedge) trade to cover margin --- somewhere on down the road the trend will reverse because thats the way Forex works, and while it may be a month or less, I was only sitting there with ONE TRADE that went wrong, and not AVERAGING DOWN a bad one that I did not yet know at what point it would reverse ! The solution, once the trend reaches some form of REAL bottom and reverses again, would be that the EA would SIMPLY ENTER A LONG, MUCH LOWER THAN YOUR ORIGINAL LONG, and by doing that would be automatically "averaging down" without entering new trades as it dropped !

entering and averaging down constantly would use up tremendous equity and margin for those who might not have that much, and then what about stop loss hits that would simply destroy the account ??

I personally think the averaging down feature would hurt more than help, and hope ive presented the information that may prove it !

mp

Reason: