Martingale EA - page 75

Here is my setfile for those of you interested. I broke the inputs into groupings and as wolfe refines the EA preparing it for live trading he might consider typing in gaps in the input screen with text explaining the groupings. The log-in to this IBFX Demo mini-account with 1K is below

Start_Lot_Size=0.1

Lot_Size_Increment=0.1

Long_Short_Balance=false

Balance_Weight=0.1

Double_Lotsize=true

Choose_Own_Progression=false

Trade_1=0.0

Trade_2=0.0

Trade_3=0.0

Trade_4=0.0

Trade_5=0.0

Trade_6=0.0

Trade_7=0.0

Trade_8=0.0

Trade_9=0.0

Trade_10=0.0

Trade_11=0.0

Trade_12=0.0

Trade_13=0.0

Trade_14=0.0

Trade_15=0.0

Trade_16=0.0

Trade_17=0.0

Trade_18=0.0

Trade_19=0.0

Trade_20=0.0

Max_Trades=11 Late Edit

Close_All_Max=true

Pyramid=true

Auto_Restart=true

Use_MA_Entry=false

Next_Trade=20

MA_Period=7

MA_Timeframe=60

Use_Kayvan_Method=true

Bar_Timeframe=30

Bars_Look_Back=2

EntryLag_Long=3 Late Edit

EntryLag_Short=4 Late Edit

Last_Entry_Filter=false

Use_Trailing_Stop=true

Trail_Start=6.0

TSLoss_Percent=83.4

Close_By_Percent=false

TP_Percent=5.0

SL_Percent=10.0

Close_By_Profit=99999.0

Close_By_StopLoss=99999.0

Slippage=2

Number_Of_Tries=5

Sound=true

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Login : 1870247

Investor : cp7rmjj (read only password)

Server: InterbankFX-Demo Accounts

also folks... some helpful housekeeping hints...

Some traders swear that a price drops with faster velocity...than it rises, no matter what the trend is over half the time. I do not know what is correct..perhaps there is some proof for us to consider...anybody?

Our thoughtful coder included TWO lag amounts ..one forLong and one for Short...

sooo...

You might consider using on the H1 Cable

EntryLag_Long: 2

EntryLag_Short: 3

use 3 & 4 on the M30

ES

P.S. every little edge is needed in price action trading and no matter how slight it is...let's use it...exploit it...profit from it!...

P.P.S. I updated the Demo test...all you need to do is log in from time to time to see how it is going...or if you are using your own setfile...please note I made a late edit to mine

Folks...You are getting information from this community at Forex-tsd that has taken years to learn...I hope you appreciate it...we now have a utility that we can apply our advanced knowlege to and get some efficiency.

Forex-tsd Rocks!

ES

P.S. I am going to the Gym and take a break...Cya Folks in a few hours!

Very stupid question

BUT

How do we know what has triggered the trade to close.

As there are several exit strategies.

From what I can see. there are four exit strategies...
  • TS
  • Percent
  • Dollar
  • Maxtrades, This can be combined with TS above...soon

ES

P.S. Perhaps wolfe will be upgrading maxtrades to work with Percent and Dollar also...if not implemented already.

Beno:
Very stupid question

BUT

How do we know what has triggered the trade to close.

As there are several exit strategies.

wolfe,

I wanted to ask you about the all powerful LastEntryFilter. I want to make sure it functions the way I hope it does..

When used with the kayvan method it is supposed to not enter any entry that does not EXCEED the previous entry (s) in that same direction, cumulative.

So how in the world did you code this? as you need to know the lookback...the lag....the highest of ALL the previous entries that are open and the lowest...you do not even know how many are going to be opened. (folks I want to remind you that this can be used on the M5 too! if wolfe can get this to work)

anyways..the end result will give you exceding Longs going higher and higher and exceeding Shorts going lower and lower if pyramid: true...a gridding sort of look...opposite for counter trend..or in other words, pyramid: false

How do you control the first trades? what if the first trade is Long...and it does very well but does not exit then we get a Short which is the first leg....there are not any previous entries yet for the LastEntryFilter to work with but the Short is above the Long and your in pyramid mode?

Do you see the problem? Maybe you already delt with this? If you have not...how in the world will you? Don't answer that...

ES

P.S. be patient folks we are getting there step-by-step...this public testing is two-fold...it teaches you how to use this EA.

Folks,

I may need your help...wolfe has a very bad temper and he may beat me...

ES

great job, wolfe.! Awesome. -- this is definintely the best martingale I have ever seen!. You can all thank your lucky stars!. The more, I look the more awesome it looks. ! i love the allowed loss definition!!! !. GREEEAAAATTTTTT! A long and short balance!!! awesome!!! way of making this thing very lucartive potentially > At the worst, this ea can be adjusted for better gettin's if kayvans strategy turns into a nightmare. .

from electric:

"How do you control the first trades? what if the first trade is Long...and it does very well but does not exit then we get a Short which is the first leg....there are not any previous entries yet for the LastEntryFilter to work with but the Short is above the Long and your in pyramid mode?"

I believe: Kayvans method would be the entry. Ask > High[1] (it would have no look back unless you wanted to have him program).

Last entry would be a buy! (in the code below) -- Last entry is a "true or false"

((Pyramid==true)&&(Use_MA_Entry==false)&&(Ask >= Next_Buy)&&(Ask>Last_Buy)&&(Last_Type==OP_SELL)&&(Last_Entry_Filter==true))||

((Pyramid==true)&&(Use_MA_Entry==false)&&(Bid <= Next_Sell)&&(Bid<Last_Sell)&&(Last_Type==OP_BUY)&&(Last_Entry_Filter==true))||

You might be right, but I think he has figure out a way to combine those.. Again, I have not done much with this as I have been working on a rollover ea ... which is sort of twisting my brain. i will start testing today!!!!

Wolfe will need a month off to get his brain recharged after this one!. I think this will be fun to test! Also to go live on a mini! I love these type of ea's'''''' lots of action !

You coder dudes amaze me...

ajk:
great job, wolfe.! Awesome. -- this is definintely the best martingale I have ever seen!. You can all thank your lucky stars!. The more, I look the more awesome it looks. ! i love the allowed loss definition!!! !. GREEEAAAATTTTTT! A long and short balance!!! awesome!!! way of making this thing very lucartive potentially > At the worst, this ea can be adjusted for better gettin's if kayvans strategy turns into a nightmare. .

from electric:

"How do you control the first trades? what if the first trade is Long...and it does very well but does not exit then we get a Short which is the first leg....there are not any previous entries yet for the LastEntryFilter to work with but the Short is above the Long and your in pyramid mode?"

I believe: Kayvans method would be the entry. Ask > High[1] (it would have no look back unless you wanted to have him program).

Last entry would be a buy! (in the code below) -- Last entry is a "true or false"

((Pyramid==true)&&(Use_MA_Entry==false)&&(Ask >= Next_Buy)&&(Ask>Last_Buy)&&(Last_Type==OP_SELL)&&(Last_Entry_Filter==true))||

((Pyramid==true)&&(Use_MA_Entry==false)&&(Bid <= Next_Sell)&&(Bid<Last_Sell)&&(Last_Type==OP_BUY)&&(Last_Entry_Filter==true))||

You might be right, but I think he has figure out a way to combine those.. Again, I have not done much with this as I have been working on a rollover ea ... which is sort of twisting my brain. i will start testing today!!!!

Wolfe will need a month off to get his brain recharged after this one!. I think this will be fun to test! Also to go live on a mini! I love these type of ea's'''''' lots of action !

i am not a coder originally. -- self taught. ..I could never do mm like this

guy. very few like him.. .I do a lot more on entry and exit strategies with coding. I think this ea's is gonn a rock!.

Hey electric... if you ever get tired of this ea... check this thread out at forex factory... This guy is sharp... Helleva read and a good system!

roll over (carry trades) that can be used for 100% hit rates - Page 81

he he I see you there es... It takes a long time to digest and a great learning curve.!!

Reason: