Martingale EA - page 82

ElectricSavant:
Greetings Master...your humble servant awaits his beating ES

Talk to me about how the TS didn't function properly. One thing to remember is if the TS is set to true, the Close_By_Profit or the Close_By_Percent does not execute. It will only close by the TS.

Tell me what happened, so I will know where to start looking.

It never closed...It just let everything ride...I think if you read the posts you will find that the poster named, sivach may have solved it...

You must excuse me, I am taking Wifey to dinner at the Fresh Seafood Company...It's a seafood restuarant we frequent. I will be back later.

ES

wolfe:
Talk to me about how the TS didn't function properly. One thing to remember is if the TS is set to true, the Close_By_Profit or the Close_By_Percent does not execute. It will only close by the TS. Tell me what happened, so I will know where to start looking.

ElectricSavant:
It never closed...It just let everything ride...I think if you read the posts you will find that sivach may have solved it...

You must excuse me i am taking Wifey to dinner at the Fresh Seafood Company...It's a seafood restuarant we frequent. I will be back later.

ES

Have a good time. I'll be here... coding my brains out!

no worries..I finally closed out the trades manually at 50 buck plus profit...The TS never did anything...I think it is a mirror....we need 17% not 83%...

cya later wolfew and folks!

ES

wolfe:
Have a good time. I'll be here... coding my brains out!

ElectricSavant:
no worries..I finally closed out the trades manually at 50 buck plus profit...The TS never did anything...I think it is a mirror....we need 17% not 83%...

cya later wolfew and folks!

ES

That's probably it, I'll check it out and report.

ElectricSavant:
Bebop,

You must of hit a maxtrade SL..

I think at the slow times you can turn autorestart off...but not really sure yet....when you had the cliff what time was it?

I have seen a graph like that before and always at the end the backtester does this...I think it is not real...but I could be in denial...can you visually look at those trades?

ES

You are in denial: that cliff comes from the tester closing off all open trade at the last price just as it finishes. It's very easy to make an EA be profitable up to that point: just don't use any SL, and make sure you have more than the cash for the old Volvo as starting balance.

ralph.ronnquist:
You are in denial: that cliff comes from the tester closing off all open trade at the last price just as it finishes. It's very easy to make an EA be profitable up to that point: just don't use any SL, and make sure you have more than the cash for the old Volvo as starting balance.

Exactly Ralph! You're right about that!

also never closed

hmm didnt close eithor..

not sure. got crushed today!

wolfe:
83.4% of 6 = 6 x 0.834 = 5.004

83.3% of 6 = 6 x 0.833 = 4.998

So, this is about right.

Close_By_Profit & TSLoss_Percent are ignored when Use_Trailing_Stop=true

No, this wasn't right. (well, sorta right)

You wanted the TS to kick in at $6.00 or more right?

Then you wanted it to close all at $5.00 or less right? (which is probably only 1 pip in the wrong direction, especially if you have multiple open orders)

The TSLoss_Percent is the percentage you are willing to lose of your highest achieved total profit, after Trail_Start amount is first reached.

So, let's look at this again:

If you have a TSLoss_Percent set at 83.3% what this means is you are willing to lose 83.3% of your highest profit. (Starting with your Trail_Start, in this example $6.00)

So, 83.3% of $6.00 is $4.998. This means you are willing to lose $4.998 of your $6.00 profit.

What we need to set the TSLoss_Percent at is around 16.7

16.7 percent of $6.00 is 1.002. This is the amount you were willing to lose when you hit $6.00. Right?

I'm still going to make sure the TS code is functioning right.

ajk:
hmm didnt close eithor.. not sure. got crushed today!

If you're referring to the TS I'm working on it now. I think I have it figured out.

Reason: