Martingale EA - page 84

How has the order placement been?

I'm working on this now. I don't like the code in v1_6_rev1.

Since we always buy the Ask, and always sell the Bid. I will try to make the code place the orders where you expect to see them. The whole ask & bid thing can be confusing if people are not used to thinking about both.

Your not going to beat me again are you?

ES

wolfe:
Please do, it makes me fix things!

ElectricSavant:
Have you looked at 2 digit lookbacks yet? ES

Not yet, I'll do that now.

I got to tell you..

I am so depressed that no one could beat the ElectricSavant Challenge™ yet..

I am so depressed about MT4 offering/licensing all these plug-ins available to dealers to rip us off with

and I am so depressed that I am unable to trade Forex profitably...

This EA is my last run at it I think...I really do not know...but I grow discouraged and I keep trying...

I have some friends here and I am human...sorry if I depress any of you...I got to keep trying I suppose.

ES

The problem here lies with the founder...he cited that the entry had to be 2 pips above/below the high/low of the candle...THIS WAS VISUAL.

You have wisely seprated the adjustments for the long and the short...anything else would not be needed in my opinion...it is up to us to set the lag...just so we know that the EA is consistent in its rule is all that matters.

different pairs need different lags...

ES

wolfe:
How has the order placement been?

I'm working on this now. I don't like the code in v1_6_rev1.

Since we always buy the Ask, and always sell the Bid. I will try to make the code place the orders where you expect to see them. The whole ask & bid thing can be confusing if people are not used to thinking about both.

ElectricSavant:
The problem here lies with the founder...he cited that the entry had to be 2 pips above/below the high/low of the candle...THIS WAS VISUAL.

You have wisely seprated the adjustments for the long and the short...anything else would not be needed in my opinion...it is up to us to set the lag...just so we know that the EA is consistent in its rule is all that matters.

different pairs need different lags...

ES

I THINK? I got this figured out.

ES,

found include files, put them in the folder...still wont attach to the charts...like i said I must be an idiot

ElectricSavant:
Have you looked at 2 digit lookbacks yet? ES

I think I have this working. This is a visual test of 15min bars. The last bar in the graph is the currentbar. I set it to look back 12 bars, and return the highest, and the lowest of the 12 bars before the current bar. EntryLag_Long and EntryLag_Short both set to 0.

Have a look at what the EA is returning in the journal for these values.

The highest of the last 12 bars is in the bar 9 bars back from the current one. The value is 1.4568, so that looks correct.

The lowest of the last 12 bars is in the bar 1 bar back from the current one.

The value is 1.4530, so that looks correct.

Files:

jd..YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT!

start with a clean slate and delete the EA and the include folder..we will do this together.

when you put the include folder in...where do you put it?

ES

P.S. Readers this is for an older version do not let this discussion confuse you...wolfe has deleted the include file in the newer version.

jdsim1:
ES, found include files, put them in the folder...still wont attach to the charts...like i said I must be an idiot

jd,

when you go into explorer to delete the EA..make sure and delete the EX4 and MQ4 files...