Estimated time remaining 900 hours. What! - page 2

So far only one broker has mt5 on live account so its still mt4 age so attention to mql4 shouldnt be shifted yet or they should enable resume on mt4 strategy tester in mt5 if you close the program then open it again and start testing the same settings before it will start almost where it was unlike in mt4 where the tester will start all over again i cant imagine what if at day 30 something happens and i have to restart the computer :-/ thats what i mean. And roeder whats the use of reducing 900 hours to 850 a cloud would turn the 900 hours to 5.

This "powerful server", it must be a VPS right ?. VPS is s shared server - a single server that used by many - so the processor allocation (read processing power) for "your server" may be small, and that's may explain the 900 hours for 100 MB data. Most VPS out there are designed for anything that related to websites. Website does't require huge calculation (try google HTML5 sample), that's why they can share the processor power.

tonny:
Hi we've created this EA coming soon at fxautomated.com that we think will be the best ever in the market. We are currently optimizing it on a powerful server that is on 24/7/365 on but the estimated time to complete is 900 hours thats about 35 days. Can you guys please create a cloud network for mt4 to speed up strategy testing like in mt5.

That's funny like to know what EA is according to you now the best in market.

What is that EA doing ?

Why is your coming EA better then others in market you know

If optimizing your EA takes that time then i think you search for a setting.... that is good at specific conditions

called curve fitting

How can we believe knowing the products you published at code base that we do good buying any product of you

I ask this because you know that i still think that your standard lines in EA's are not working with every broker

The main determinant of optimization time is not historic data size but the number of settings you are testing that determine how many passes of tests are going to be done on that amount of data. You can have 1mb of historic data but when you are testing billions of different scenarios it would still take long. Lets say an athlete wants to test 400 meter track he can simply make one pass and go home or he can decide to test it running on two legs, on all fours, on one leg, on two legs with a bucket on his head etc etc and the later would mean he has to make many passes to the track and would thus take longer.

This is not angry birds we're talking about, we have 0 complaints on our premium products.

tonny:
The main determinant of optimization time is not historic data size but the number of settings you are testing that determine how many passes of tests are going to be done on that amount of data. You can have 1mb of historic data but when you are testing billions of different scenarios it would still take long. Lets say an athlete wants to test 400 meter track he can simply make one pass and go home or he can decide to test it running on two legs, on all fours, on one leg, on two legs with a bucket on his head etc etc and the later would mean he has to make many passes to the track and would thus take longer.
Perhaps you should seek advice from a professional test engineer to help you make best use of the optimizer.

Ive tried but most ways that reduce testing time, sacrifice results. Except the cloud system.

tonny:
Ive tried but most ways that reduce testing time, sacrifice results. Except the cloud system.
Sorry but you are talking garbage.

if i wanted i would have reduced the number of settings and history data so as to finish testing in a day but that wont give the best of the best results

tonny:
well, take it or leave it ....
Reason: