Please fix this indicator or EA - page 38

Try this ...

regards

mladen

greatworth:
mladen

i have looked at this again and am not sure that the issue is as below. When I put the indicator up, I leave only the large volume as true, and put the total and small volume as false - so that i only see one. However, looking at the charts, it is actually showing the values for all 3, hence why the scale is so large. Is there anything that you would have done which would have disabled which mode to see?

thanks

Ahhh ... the eternal question :

One of the usual "tricks" is to use filtered price instead of "raw" price. Some indicators (like velocity, for example, which is a smoother momentum indicator, are a direct result of such approach). Some good filters are Gaussian filter (something like this one from here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum ) or tema (since it is rather fast one, in some indicators it is making wonders ...) All in all, it depends what are you looking for. One good example is rsioma too : see what a simple change from raw price to "filtered" price (moving average in this case) does to a simple rsi (here for example : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177347 )

Post smoothing (smoothing the result) largely depends on the ?smoother" but there is very few ways in this kind that will not add significant lag

Pava:
...can indicator be smoothed without loosing quality?...

got it:)...thanks

effective volume indicator

mladen, thanks again, from what I can see briefly, I think it is working. will look properly next week. so thanks again for all your help.

Need help EA dont run in backtest :|

Hey folks, i make my EA on Expert Advisors Builder , but when i backtested it in MT4 it just shut.. no trades no nothing , can someone help me whats wrong with the EA/code/anything? im not a programmer :|

im still green in this business , so i will explain my strategies as good as possible, chart EUR/USD 1H.

Buy cond :

-RSI(13) cross the line above 53

-ADX(14) + > - (/green > red :time to buy)

-Stoc(14,3,3) cross up

-Moving averages(simple) 7(green) cross above 20(red)

Buy(close) cond :

-RSI(13) cross the line below 50

or

-ADX(14) + < - (cross other line again)

or

-Moving Averages(simple) 7 cross below 20

====================================

Sell Cond :

-RSI(13) cross the line below 48

-ADX(14) + < -

-Moving averages(simple) 7(green) cross below 20(red)

-Stoc(14,3,3) cross down

Sell(close) cond :

-RSI(13) cross the line above 47

or

-ADX(14) + > -

or

-Moving Averages(simple) 7 cross above 20

because you have

Current + 0

and Current = 0 too as I understand.

It should be the following:

Current + 0

and in the settings

extern int Current = 1 by default (always greater than 1).

Or

Current + 0 everywhere in the code and

extern int Current = 0 by default in the settings.

Besides, you are comparing the values of indicator on same bar ...

or should be compares Current = 0 with Current = 1 in first case, or Current = 1 and Current = 2 on the second case.

That is why unrealistic result for backtesting.

may be I am wrong as I am not a coder sorry.

newdigital:
because you have

Current + 0

and Current = 0 too as I understand.

It should be the following:

Current + 0

and in the settings

extern int Current = 1 by default (always greater than 1).

Or

Current + 0 everywhere in the code and

extern int Current = 0 by default in the settings.

Besides, you are comparing the values of indicator on same bar ...

or should be compares Current = 0 with Current = 1 in first case, or Current = 1 and Current = 2 on the second case.

That is why unrealistic result for backtesting.

may be I am wrong as I am not a coder sorry.

..err.. i dont understand how to change it (if not in EAB), and somehow i cant attach my settings.eab file in here :|

changbachang:
..err.. i dont understand how to change it (if not in EAB), and somehow i cant attach my settings.eab file in here :|

Hi Changbachang,

In your Ea you have this if (EachTickMode) Current = 0; else Current = 1; So in your external parameters you need to set extern bool EachTickMode = false , if you leave it at true then you will be testing on the still open bar and like Newdigital said the backtest will show unrealistic results, also if testing on 4 or 5 digit broker you nee to add zeros to your take profit,stoploss, and trailing stop. Also sometimes you may have to many indicators and Ea may not work same if you are calling the indicators wrong.

Need to build-in an new filter into this EA

Hi Traders,the_donchian_scalper_1.08.mq4

bear_bulls_power.mq4I am using this EA, which is working well on trending pairs like USDJPY, GBPJPY, EURUSD etc. In the right market direction (long or short only) it works great. For the determination of the trend change I use the Bull & Bear power (H1, period 68), the EA itself is running on an M15 Timeframe. The problem is that I have to adjust the settings manually, i.e. when the trend turns short I have to go to the EA manually and set "sell only" so that the EA makes only short trades. And vice versa, which is rather unconventional especially when you do not have access to the computer.

Would it be possible to build-in the Bull&Bear Power filter (H1) into this EA so that the EA would work fully automatic? Can someone help me? I am not a programmer....

Thanks in advance!!

Harry

tds_1.08_pr.set

Take Profit (Step Stop) Script

HI new to the forums and hoping someone can help.

After trawling through the internet and forums I have been unable to find a Step Stop/Take profit EA/Script that suits my needs.

Attached is the EA I am using, the issue I have is it only has 2 Stop Step moves.

Ideally I would like to have an extra 3 stepstops coded in.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance..

takeprofit.mq4

Files:
Reason: