Alpha9 EA *** Released to TSD Elite Members *** - page 24

And it is visual statement (all 19 pairs):

Files:

Lot size

ross123:
Funny it did exactly happened to me too. I wasn't surprised though. I started with $3000 demo. But i immediately reset the whole thing and now after 4 days trading is up $1900 dollars. it trades as safe as trading can be safe, what I find very positive about this ea. I am planning to turn it off during NFP or other major news. I haven't watch it all the time. but as far as I have seen, the highest draw down has not exceeded $500. the chances are that this EA could actually deliver a nice little profit after all. Ross

How are you getting it to change the lot size? I am running with the default settings and it still places the order for around 1 lot, and that causes the account equity protection to kick in?

Thanks

dryheat

dryheat:
How are you getting it to change the lot size? I am running with the default settings and it still places the order for around 1 lot, and that causes the account equity protection to kick in?

Thanks

dryheat

Hi, i guess by disabling Money Management (MMType).

extern bool StopAfterNoTrades =False; // If true we will not open new trades

extern bool UseAlpha9Trader =True; // If False we will not open trades based on Alpha9 Signal

extern bool UseSRSITrader =True; // If False we will not open trades based on S-RSI Signal

extern int MMType =1; // Type of MM | 0=No MM | 1=Universal MM

extern double lot =0.2; // Lot Size if MM is not Used.

extern double risk =0.2; // Risk used on the MM

extern double SRSI_Risk =0.2; // Risk used on the SRSI trader.

extern int BreakevenPips =0; // Pips on profit to move SL to Breakeven | 0=Not used.

extern int MagicNumber =597820;// Starting Magic Number | This EA use 7 MagicNumbers they will be MagicNumber+1 ,+2...up to +6

extern double AccountEquityPercentProtection=90; // percent of the account Equity left to activate a hard stop loss on a set of trades.

extern int HoursToRestart =96; // Hours need to restart after a Equity Stop Trigger.

extern bool EquityTrailing =True; // To enable a equity trail, it will close all orders when equity show profit

extern double PercentEquityTrailing =2; // Percent of profit to start the closure off all the orders.

extern bool SpreadProtection =True; // If the spread is widen than normal (News time) we will not open positions or continue positions until it normalize

extern int PipTolerance =2; // value in pips over normal spread to activate the SpreadProtection

extern int PipRegion =25; // Min pips between orders. The EA will check if there is not a proximity order in this region before open another.

extern int SMAFilter =100; // Pips below or over a 200 days SMA required to trade.

extern int SLPipsUnderOverSMA =100; // Pips of StopLoss, over a 200 days SMA for shorts and below a 200 days SMA for longs.

extern bool PrefSettings =True; // If true we take the settings from the Init Function

extern bool TradePositiveSwapOnly =False; // If true we take positive swap positions only

extern bool UseMomentumDeviation =True; // If true we will enter on high momentum movements against the MAIN or Long term Trend. We will support the Main Trend.

extern int SRSI_Period =4; // SRSI Period for SRSI Trader.

extern bool UsePSAR_TS =False; // If true we will use a PSAR Trailing Stop

extern int TrailingStop =10; // Min pips profit to activate the PSAR

extern bool UsePredefinedTP =True; // If true We will use Predefined Take Profit for each Timeframe.

Lot size

Linuxser,

I think that I have finally figured it out in a roundabout way, I have chaned the lot size, risk, and SRSI risk to .02 instead of .2 (1/10), since .1 is 1/10 of 1. It isn't placing true .1 lot orders (the first was .11), but that is a lot closer for me and will hopefully keep me from hitting the account equity protection.

Thanks for your suggestion

dryheat

dryheat:

Thanks

dryheat

Why would you need to change anything I wonder?I've attached my results since March 12 with standard setting. In my case the lot size is 0.20 but it only opens 0.10 per trade. I did start with $5000 account size. I think it calculates the trade size based on the available margin. In my forward testing thus far no trade larger then 0.10.hope it helps.

Ross.

Files:
statement.htm  301 kb

ross123:
Why would you need to change anything I wonder?I've attached my results since March 12 with standard setting. In my case the lot size is 0.20 but it only opens 0.10 per trade. I did start with $5000 account size. I think it calculates the trade size based on the available margin. In my forward testing thus far no trade larger then 0.10.hope it helps. Ross.

I was demo testing it on a 50k demo account. I think that was the core of the problem is that is was basing it on available equity and taking a percentage of that. I have since backed everything off to .02 instead of .2 and it is now opening up ~.1 lot per trade. I was thinking that the demo settings were good, but have since found out otherwise in regards to risk and lot size.

dryheat

newdigital:
Alpha EA is perfoming very good - equty is almost the same with balance now and most of the trades were closed (in profit).

Thanks for the update Newdigital, pretty decent results.

Alpha lossing

Since yesterday equity protection has kick in twice with approx $2000 loss. still account is up for about $600 since start last week. I have turned off usage of higher TF trends. now only to trade from 1H down to avoid large DD's.

Ross.

Can not see Metatraders now.

I will post all the statements tomorrow.

As to my experience with Alpha so equity is very floating on Alpha because of 19 pairs testing all together. You can see it on my previous posts with visual statement image.

Please find updated statements for Alpha.

And visual statement:

Reason: