Alpha9 EA *** Released to TSD Elite Members *** - page 3

chawichsak:
This is my first closed trade on USD/JPY,Also I test on EU/US and US/CHF Thanks .Project

That's good chawichsak, If market continue trending, this system is soo successfully and trade soo frequently that everyone will get tempted of raise the MM. And that's when the danger start, keep it on your mind all the times.

The time to loss will arrive, sooner or later, a correct risk control is the only thing that will save us of a major loss and will keep us in the profitable side in the long term.

I tied to backtest using eur/usd 1 hour chart on IBFX. Used default settings and tested from mid 2006 forward to current 2007.

The test took a very long time which was no problem but it also generated no trades.

Is there something that would prevent this ea working in backtest? I didn't get any strange messages in the journal file. (Sorry if this has already been addressed somewhere.)

Thanks,

saintmo

saintmo:
I tied to backtest using eur/usd 1 hour chart on IBFX. Used default settings and tested from mid 2006 forward to current 2007.

The test took a very long time which was no problem but it also generated no trades.

Is there something that would prevent this ea working in backtest? I didn't get any strange messages in the journal file. (Sorry if this has already been addressed somewhere.)

Thanks,

saintmo

Not, the Ea should backtest fine but I also had this problem, its caused because of errors in the data, HAS indicators refuse to work if the data is not perfect without errors, try it on visual mode and for sure you will see one or more indicators not showing the trend signal in the chart.

In reality I am not sure if the problems are the HAS indicators too picky or the MT backtester that fail to give the data to the indicator, I am inclined to think in the last one because the indicators load perfectly on forward test.

To fix this issue download the M1 Alpari data and convert it to ALL the timeframes with the period converter, even W1 and Mn timeframes. I should work fine after that.

project1972:
Not, the Ea should backtest fine but I also had this problem, its caused because of errors in the data, HAS indicators refuse to work if the data is not perfect without errors, try it on visual mode and for sure you will see one or more indicators not showing the trend signal in the chart.

In reality I am not sure if the problems are the HAS indicators too picky or the MT backtester that fail to give the data to the indicator, I am inclined to think in the last one because the indicators load perfectly on forward test.

To fix this issue download the M1 Alpari data and convert it to ALL the timeframes with the period converter, even W1 and Mn timeframes. I should work fine after that.

OK, will do. Thanks for your prompt and thorough reply.

Hi Project,

Thanks for sharing your great EA.

Is it alright to run this on a smaller basket of, say 3-5 currency pairs, instead of all 19?

I like to keep an eye on things.

If so, which would you recommend in term of optimal risk/reward?

And if for 3-5 currency pairs, is the EA suitable for running on a 5K standard account with a minimum lotsize of 0.01 std lot?

Reduce the MM risk setting to 0.05?

Thanks again!

Edit: Ok, read one of your previous posts that answered my question. Sorry and thanks.

But feel free if you have anything further to add.

dolaardys:
Hi Project,

Thanks for sharing your great EA.

Is it alright to run this on a smaller basket of, say 3-5 currency pairs, instead of all 19?

I like to keep an eye on things.

If so, which would you recommend in term of optimal risk/reward?

And if for 3-5 currency pairs, is the EA suitable for running on a 5K standard account with a minimum lotsize of 0.01 std lot?

Reduce the MM risk setting to 0.05?

Thanks again!

Edit: Ok, read one of your previous posts that answered my question. Sorry and thanks.

But feel free if you have anything further to add.

I don't know my friend, I don't have answer for everything, the answer depend only in the future, if there are nice trends the EA will make profit, if not we will have drawdown and if there are many failed trends with strong reversals we will have a loss.

Will continue EURUSD trending up to 2.000 ? or will it reverse to 1.0000 ? or we will have choppy market ? Who knows !!! nobody have the Crystal ball.

Look at the 3 moths forward testing, EURCAD did a nice 1691 pips profit, so did USDCAD with 1561 pips profit, even EURGBP did a nice 263 pips profit and this is was a very choppy pair in the backtester but in the last months it take off from his choppy condition, in the other hand CHFJPY did a -206 pips loss

The EA have some mechanism to avoid trading choppy pairs and only trade when they take off. but we don't know what pair will trend or what not.

Maybe you are lucky and your selection will give astonish performance, or maybe only a loss.

It think that your MM will work, to help it you can deactivate the less profitable engines to avoid a potential drawdown.

Start deactivating from the smaller TM

extern bool UseH4Trend =True;

extern bool UseH1Trend =True;

extern bool UseM30Trend=True;

extern bool UseM15Trend=True;

extern bool UseM5Trend =True;

Example turn off the M5 and M15 TM (set to False)

even M30 if you want.

The most profitable engines are, In this order.

1 - SRSI

2 - H4

3 - H1

4 - M30

5 - M15

6 - M5

I see. Hmmm ...

project1972:
MomentumDeviation

OK. Who's up for writing a MomentumDeviation indicator??? So you are basically saying that unless the EA trades live there is no way of trading this manually. Oh well ...

project1972:
61 indicators loaded on each pair !!!!!!!!!!

I'm surprised it even manages to make a trade in the first place

Top notch EA, Project! It's a rare treat anymore to see someone devoting as much time and energy to developing something like this and sharing it with others. Kudos to you!

bluto

project1972 - I'm not sure what you are alluding to but suffice to say I have no agenda. I'm not familiar with the Firebird EA at all as this is largely down to the fact I do not fully understand MQL. The Steinitz EA you refer to I do know well enough and I paid him for the time and effort he put into it although as I understand it, it's not fully bug-free at this moment in time and is undergoing changes. Unfortunately it is not possible to look into the coding of the indicators he employs as they are locked which makes me feel uneasy about trading using them. Surely it stands to reason then why I asked you if it was possible to display with indicators what was going on with the Alpha9 EA but from what you say regarding the number of indicators being processed at anytime in the program code it would be difficult to actually trade it manually in anycase. So please, don't take my last remark in my previous post as anything other than sheer amazement.

bluto:
Top notch EA, Project! It's a rare treat anymore to see someone devoting as much time and energy to developing something like this and sharing it with others. Kudos to you! bluto

Good to see you bluto !!!!! I hope yo are doing well, Sure one version of your EA is doing extremely very well on my testing with and average of 336% Annual ROI

Astonish return on SuperRSI latest version !!!

I don't have anything to do against your devotion in your latest private development Bluto, honestly I never met another developer more devote than you. You are the King.

I should add to everyone else that Bluto is a long term friend, and he inspired me on many things, even the Name of Alpha9 was after see some early backtester results of his early Delta9 project. even the SRSI engine was inspired in his early development of S-RSI, Bluto was the first brilliant mind to take the RSI-R2 method and coded it into a successfully mq4 EA.

Before that, the RSI-R2/R3/R4 method was only available to tradestation, metastock and e-signal stock traders at the price of something like $10k if I remember fine.

Although the latest SRSI Bluto version have a lot of originals improvements, not available in the original RSI-R2/R3/R4 method

Of course, the results of Alpha9 is much more modest than yours Bluto. I only wanted to return something to the community, hopefully someone get inspired like I was and the string continue.

I hope to see you more frequently, I greatly enjoy your wisdom.

Reason: