MACD indicator - page 86

gcgman:
Over the past year I have come to really appreciate mtf indicators and this is my favorite version of the macd-osma for filtering trades. It seems that mtf indicators are most accurate if one can choose to make the price based on the open rather than the close or median (so that it doesn't change the last bars of whatever time frame you are in). I will be very grateful if someone would change this indicator so that you can select to make it based on the open instead of the close (I just assume it is based on the close without checking the programming code).

kindest regards,

gcgman

macd_osmax_mtf.mq4

gcgman

Here is a version in which you can chose the price too

Files:

mladen:
gcgman Here is a version in which you can chose the price too

Thanks mladen!!!

Highest regards,

gcgman

i trade the macd but i changed the parameters to 4,6,4

Another indicator that does not have bound (and that is the reason why overbought and oversold levels are not used with it) is MACD. As a possible solution to fit macd into known bounds (and levels) is to use RSI of MACD. It normalizes MACD into known bounds and in combination with the regular MACD it seems to be a good tool to find out trend and extremes of the MACD

Files:

Been reading some blabbing on some forums that adaptive macd repaints (because it is adaptive) and I was asked the same question a couple of times.

No adaptive indicator should repaint because of being adaptive. Making an indicator adaptive can not and does not cause any kind of repainting. Thinking that applying adaptive process to some calculation is causing repainting is a nonsense that is told by people that do not understand the nature of adapting at all

So much about adapting being a cause of repainting.

mladen:
Another indicator that does not have bound (and that is the reason why overbought and oversold levels are not used with it) is MACD. As a possible solution to fit macd into known bounds (and levels) is to use RSI of MACD. It normalizes MACD into known bounds and in combination with the regular MACD it seems to be a good tool to find out trend and extremes of the MACD

Can this be made mtf?

Dear Mladen

Is it possible to make 'line version' (macd & signal line - without histo) of attached indicator with 'coloring on slope on macd line' and 'mtf' option ?

Thanks in advance

secretcode

Files:

mladen:
secretcode

Posted it here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173574/page395

PS: that is a "Christmas edition" with interpolation added to multi time frame mode. To have a step like classical multi time frame look, set the "Interpolate" to false

Dear Mladen

Merry Christmas to you and everyone

Thanks for all

secretcode

Is there a version that uses Hull for MACD calculation too (not just for signal line)?

checkin:
Is there a version that uses Hull for MACD calculation too (not just for signal line)?

One version was posted here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

Reason: