MACD indicator - page 46

Thomas Aspray MACD ?

Hi , Mladen

I need Thomas Aspray MACD.mq4

Aspray MACD is a ZerolagMACD ???

From what I have found so far, no

Here is the best description of what Thomas Aspray did with MACD :

"Tom's unique application of trend lines and moving averages on the indicators, as part of his approach to divergence analysis, helped fuel their worldwide acceptance. As part of this work he created a modification of the MACD called the MACD-Histogram.

Aspray and the MACD-Histogram

In the fall of 1986, Tom Aspray completed work on a new indicator: the MACD Histogram/Momentum. The MACD, or Convergence/Divergence, is an excellent indicator, but its signals often lag when run on weekly data. Convergence/Divergence was developed by Gerald Appel, who has created many excellent technical tools.

Tom first presented his work on the MACD at a CompuTrac conference in 1984. At that time, very few analysts were aware of it, much less using it on the commodity markets. Now it is a widely used technical tool.

Tom did some work on optimizing the MACD by testing various combinations of inputs for the three exponential moving averages. Then, by altering the moving average variables, the results are dramatically different.

For example, the default for silver ( 12 days, 26 days and 9-period exponential average of the difference) were not always profitable, while the (10, 20, 9) combination was profitable 54% of the time, with an average profit of 67.5 points and an average loss of only 34 points.

After studying and using MACD for almost five years, Tom felt that, besides optimization, a method of anticipating crossovers would be a distinct advantage. After looking at (and testing) several alternatives, he found that by running a 10-day momentum (with 3-day smoothing) of the MACD in histogram form (MACD-H), the results were quite good."

So, from what I have found so far it is what we know as OSMA (in the built in indicators of metatrader) but since metatrader MACD uses SMA for signal line calculation, then the OSMA calculation is different than Asprays one since he uses EMA for signal line. Will look some more into it, but so far, as it really seems that it is not the zero lag MACD

katastrof78:
Hi , Mladen

I need Thomas Aspray MACD.mq4

Aspray MACD is a ZerolagMACD ???

MACD histogram and mopmentum ...

As an addition Aspray was using what he called a MACD momentum (according to his articles in TASC August and September 1988). Here is one indicator that combines what Aspray was using in his work :

- upper is MACD histogram

- middle is MACD momentum

- lower is the two-in-one

You can decide which one you want to be visible with ShowHistogram and ShowMomentum parameters. According to Aspray, MACD momentum is leading indicator (after short inspection it seems to be correct, but needs to be tested more)

thanks Mladen. relly nice.

Thank you for the comments I would.

A spray................

Macd(with "iZeroLag")

Good morning,

Mladen, may you create "i Zero lag " within a display,

Like ... "i T3" or "i Doublesmooth" ... etc-

Would help me to use it in an EA, because the formula for multiple MA, EA is "lost" in calculation.

Thanks in advance.

Macd(with "iZeroLag")

Sorry, ...internet lost.

Macd(with "iZeroLag")

I mean, something like this ...

fastMA= i Zerolag(fast,...

SlowMA= i Zerolag(slow,...

Sign=iZerolag(fast-slow,...

//------------------------------------------------------------------

//

//------------------------------------------------------------------

//

//

//

//

//

double workT3[][12];

double workT3Coeffs[][6];

#define _period 0

#define _c1 1

#define _c2 2

#define _c3 3

#define _c4 4

#define _alpha 5

//

//

//

//

//

double iT3(double price, double period, double hot, bool original, int i, int instanceNo=0)

bebeshel

Dema (double ema) is quite often called a "zero lag" and we already have made a dema macd. Or you can use this indicator : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172902/page2 (just one example of zero lag macd indicators that are posted on TSD)

bebeshel:
Good morning,

Mladen, may you create "i Zero lag " within a display,

Like ... "i T3" or "i Doublesmooth" ... etc-

Would help me to use it in an EA, because the formula for multiple MA, EA is "lost" in calculation.

Thanks in advance.

One more version ...

Or here is one more version of zero lag macd (made by marynarz15)

Files: