OILFXPRO double-quad b/o free version E A - page 10

EC I've got a few questions.

First, you call this OILFXPRO because that's your main business, right? Oil has nothing to do with this EA, correct? I didn't know if maybe there is some sort of Oil correlation going on with the Pound that we might consider.

Second, what is "double-quad?" Is there something to do with 2 4s (quads) in this EA that is part of the decision making?

Thanks.

tdion:
EC I've got a few questions.

First, you call this OILFXPRO because that's your main business, right? Oil has nothing to do with this EA, correct? I didn't know if maybe there is some sort of Oil correlation going on with the Pound that we might consider.

Second, what is "double-quad?" Is there something to do with 2 4s (quads) in this EA that is part of the decision making?

Thanks.

OILFXPRO is the name of all my systems and work designed by me .Oil has something to do with this EA and all my EAS and indicators ,cause I design them all to work( ie systems and indicators and EAS)on oil and commodities.

If anyone looks for some of my other high quality free indicators to be released eventually ,they will remember the oil trader .I have many systems on oil that also work on currencies.The duo system is one of my oil systems.

The idea behind duo quad is to have two to four breakout opening ranges for intraday.My new EA designed by Ryan Klefas is a trio using three different opening ranges.It is still being compiled.The thing about mechanical systems is you have to trade them everyday/regularly and if you use only one opening range breakout period ,if market conditions change ,the opening range period may become useless.

In a way it is part of the whole system of money management and risk management for your system , that you can only take two ,three or four positions during this time based system

All my systems are available freely on the internet.All the systems I make belong to oilfxpro (oil and fx trader)

Last weeks result 553 points on oil on the duo quads duo system.Forward testing on Demo

Unlike most people who keep making unverified claims of profits , I run forward tests and post them

Regards

El cid

Files:

Hi

Most of these breakout systems are devised around A C D method.

ACD was designed for oil traders .

Do any of you here own the right to breakout systems?If yes you need you head examining

The Logical Trader: Applying a Method to the Madness

http://www.thelogicaltrader.net/chapter.pdf

El Cid

el cid:
Most of these breakout systems are devised around A C D method.

ACD is one of the best ideeas to trade breakouts. I think you can take also the pivot range as filter to improve the results.

Just a question: your Frankfurt/London open range EA is a ideea of the book of Kathy Lien (Day trading...)? If so, this is also a verry good system. But, have you take in consideration that the prices must have first a reverse move, if I understand this trading ideea?

el cid:
best version of the Hans 123 EA ..Gaoxing EA by Baas Harm.

Sadly it does not work in backtesting .Have a try and see if you can fix it.Most people on message boards promise the earth but none of them WILL fix an existing E A .

Regards

El Cid

Well,

Thanks for the compliment.

But what version are you referring to? If you would have send an e-mail, I'd solved it.

Anyway,as you've probably noticed I froze my live trades on the (original) Hans system after that drawdown. However, I'm testing it in the Equity Management framework I've build and that seems to improve the drawdowns.

Hi folks

Here are the forward tests of this system using 8.45 to 9.45 time range

This system is down 500 points since started forward testing different versions.Drawdown periods are expected

El Cid

fxspeedster:
El Cid, Instead of this EA, give Hans123 a try..that EA is almost identical to this concept but with more bells and whistles and has been tested for 1.5 years in live testing. It is a successful EA, even though it has large draws at times. Hope this saves the community some time and if I find it in my EA archive I will post the latest version. I believe there was a huge thread on strategybuilderfx on Hans123. Good luck!

Speedster

It was a crap EA ,very poorly written with a lot of bugs

and I have removed it

El Cid

OILFXPRO quad duo breakouts

el cid:
Hi folks

Test out this E A and see if you agree with the results .It actually made over 8000 pips on cable

Do the figures agree with you guys? for same period testing ?

El cid

Hi folks

Just add a trailing stop of 40 to above E A and profit drops by over a 1,000 pips over 3 years.The trailing stop version is much better and safer to use in terms of drawdown.The draw down is much safer now.I will now change to this version of the strategy for forward testing .

As soon as you guys have put some effort in this strategy ,and optimised and improved the strategy ,I will post the new revised rules and E A in first post.This looks like the best E A

regards

El Cid

oilfxpro quad free version ea

Here is the quad free version

Good morning

I now trade only the duo versio which trades 0.1 lots * 2 .This version exposes my $10,000 dollar account to potential losses(drawdowns) of 1600 pips or $1600.

After the account makes a proit of $1,600 I will start trading the quad version

Here is the E A for the duo version

Enjoy the freeloaders rollercoaster rides on cable quad express

El Cid

Reason: