StepMAExpert_EAs - page 8

alexq:
Newdigital, could you please clarify, what is the difference between StepMAExpert_v1.45 and StepMAExpert_v1.42/StepMAExpert_v1.4? From what I could see, you are testing StepMAExpert_1.42, StepMAExpert_v1.1 and StepMAExpert_v1.4, but not StepMAExpert_v1.45. Does this mean that there is something wrong with verision 1.45 or you have some reasons to think that other versions are better?

It is the different EAs. Version 1.45 was not tested yet (i mean forward test).

No any reason. because i am testing 3 versions of this EA already. I will test 1.45 version of course.

newdigital:
It is the different EAs. Version 1.45 was not tested yet (i mean forward test). No any reason. because i am testing 3 versions of this EA already. I will test 1.45 version of course.

Thank you for the explanation.

Please find new StepMAExpert_v1.42 EA forward testing since the beginning of July this year with very good results (see weekly performance thread in this section).

Files:

NewDigital or Igorad,

I am demo testing StepMA1.42 on MIG and IBFX platforms. Entry prices and times and T/P's are very similar on the 2 platforms, but there is a big difference in the trailing stop levels: S/L on MIG is much closer to the price, but the S/L on IBFX lags way behind the price. I can't see anything in the code to adjust for the different timezones. I want IBFX to behave like MIG. Can you help me please?

barry:
NewDigital or Igorad, I am demo testing StepMA1.42 on MIG and IBFX platforms. Entry prices and times and T/P's are very similar on the 2 platforms, but there is a big difference in the trailing stop levels: S/L on MIG is much closer to the price, but the S/L on IBFX lags way behind the price. I can't see anything in the code to adjust for the different timezones. I want IBFX to behave like MIG. Can you help me please?

I have the same problem. StepMA EAs are showing different results with different brokers. Sometimes. I said about it here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174952. It is the better way to test it with your broker before using it with real money.

Anyway, amy be Igorad may fix something but I think that it is just different data feed.

barry:
NewDigital or Igorad, I am demo testing StepMA1.42 on MIG and IBFX platforms. Entry prices and times and T/P's are very similar on the 2 platforms, but there is a big difference in the trailing stop levels: S/L on MIG is much closer to the price, but the S/L on IBFX lags way behind the price. I can't see anything in the code to adjust for the different timezones. I want IBFX to behave like MIG. Can you help me please?

Hi,

Before testing on demo or live trade I strongly recommend to make optimization of inputs. It should solve your problem.

4. Exit by Trailing Profit - I have developed this trade technique recently. I try to not limit profit by fixed TakeProfit. TP is calculated on the basis of StepMA displaced on value depending from the StepSize and Kp factor (optimized parameter ).

Igorad,

Can you please tell me exactly how this is calculated? Example: I am using it on gbpjpy, and I have StepSize 44.0, Kp 3.9. T/P was 457 pips - how did the EA calculate that? Thanks for all your help.

Please find StepMAExpert_v1.42tf_EAs with timefilter (attached. Set timefilter according to your broker.

Just to remind:

StepMAExpert_v1.42 EA without timefilter was posted here and here.

barry:
Igorad, Can you please tell me exactly how this is calculated? Example: I am using it on gbpjpy, and I have StepSize 44.0, Kp 3.9. T/P was 457 pips - how did the EA calculate that? Thanks for all your help.

For Short: Trailprofit = StepMA - Kp*StepSize;

For Long : Trailprofit = StepMA + Kp*StepSize;

So Trailprofit moves with StepMA.

sorry if i'm in wrong place

hi igorad / newdigital

i'm really interested in this StepMA system.

By the way, i have create one EA based on StepMA Stoch using EA Builder. I'm not good enuf in coding.

The EA created is very basic rules of StepMA Stoch. Enter position once cross each other and close once cross again in opposite way and enter reverse order.

The result of backtest looks good. I need yr comments on the EA.

Is this EA is going to work and maybe we can work something on it...

This test with the preset TS = 10 pips, SL = 30 pips, and TP = 100 pips..

May all of you take a look and might we together improve it.

I'm new in this EA development.. need sometime to good in coding.

thanks

Files:
report.jpg  40 kb
Reason: