All forward testing on Metatrader is flawed

Hi folks

Here below are two charts from FXDD and North finance

On the North Finance chart a whole day's bar for 14 november is missing ,therefore EA is using the bar for the 13 th as high low for the previous day.

The FXDD chart is correct and shows the bar for the 14 th

This is proof that even the FORWARD TESTING is flawed AND UNRELIABLE

All the forward testing is worth nothing and total scam and this is the evidence

El cid

Files:

Yep, agree. I have a completely automated Hans123 setup running for more than a year and the results often differ markedly with those of jgerousis, which are real trades...

Amazing! I guess the only thing to do is open up your own bucket shop!

Hi

That also renders most indicators almost 98 % on this site useless.

This thread is heading for deletion because the truth is hurting

El cid

Hi

Have you really ever noticed the discrepancies on lower time frames?

Have you really bothered to see how many bars are missing ?Have you seen how many bars are messed up?

Have you wondered why your indicators don't work properly ?

Go and sit infront of a 1 m chart for one whole week 12 hours a day and find out.

And those MTF account blowing EAS is the best project ever and it makes money without actual trading.

And all those using MTFS posting imaginary results and claims of 150 pips profits here and 200 pips profits there , u see why they are succesful.They never trade live accounts just live newbees into suckers systems!

The more knowledgeable moved away to NO LOSS EAS

El

You are 100% right!!!!

wolfe:
Amazing! I guess the only thing to do is open up your own bucket shop!

Bongo:
You are 100% right!!!!

So, how much capitol do we need?

So what then??

el cid:
Hi folks

On the North Finance chart a whole day's bar for 14 november is missing ,therefore EA is using the bar for the 13 th as high low for the previous day.

All the forward testing is worth nothing and total scam and this is the evidence

El cid

Cid

Don't take this as a personal attack because it's not. However, you seem to start so many threads on an insurmountable list of topics jumping from one system to another, I have lost count.

Look, we KNOW the data on charts is not perfect, youre telling us no grand revelation here at all but you come with a big discontented statement and then don't really provide what the relevance or solution is.

We KNOW (anybody with sense that is!) that people like Steinitz are scammers/liars and only posting 'phantom' banked profits whilst carrying huge drawdowns, hence those systems are useless. Those EA's are inoperable though due to immensely lagging indicators and totally unimaginative design and not because of market foibles.

The fact is there ARE hundreds of successful EA's out there but you certainly won't see them here posted free or for $100.00. There IS a difference between backtesting and live forward testing and although there will be small entry discrepencies between demo/live and alternate brokers due to 1) Volume and 2) Liquidity provider feeds to each particular broker, the fact remains - A GOOD EA WILL NOT BE BROKEN BY A FEW ERRANT CANDLES NO MATTER WHAT TF (OR MTF).

Look at the big picture before making panicked, uneducated and sweeping statements that have very little relevance to those whom are successful.

OceanFx

Back testing will always bring traders to one conclusion toward one system or strategy, eventhogh it doesn't always represent the real facts in the real trading.

Nic

OceanFx:
El Cid good fellow,

I will add to my previous post saying once again that intensive trader experience and 'shopping around' before chosing broker can save much angst.

It's no wonder North Finance have holes throughout their tick data which is going to lead to many upper TF candles appearing quite scrawny. North Finance are a bucket shop type operation and do not have the sufficient liquidity providers or healthy clientele numbers to push through many trades per M1 candle which produces a nice flowing chart.

A 'peppered' chart with chicken scratching dashes does not mean there is broker interference but rather you should be searching for a new broker with higher volumes.

FXDD is an example where they hold in stable one of the largest group of 1st tier liquidity providers, meaning that your trades will be pushed through expediently with minimal fuss.

Smaller brokers offer reduced spreads and all sorts of other rubbish in order to lure clients but in the end these poor souls pay dearly in slippage because the broker does not have the liquidity to funnel vast lot numbers in fast moving markets.

Finally, I have attached two charts (M15) one from a FXDD demo and the other a FXDD live feed account of mine.

If you glean each chart, virtually all candles are identical barring the odd height of candle body. The imperative thing is that, under no circumstance were the highs and lows of wicks ever in doubt by even 1 pip!

If you disected this chart right down to M1, the overlay was incredibly close to identical with each candle matching the other in height.

Once again, chose your broker carefully and you will be OK.

OceanFx

Ocean

Somebody else in my private room only uses FXDD and is very happy with them.He states their data feed is the best.

I use ODL and I do not suspect their data feed at all.They are a well established broker in the best regulated environment of all

A good poster who knows these things is kjhfdgjfhdghdf

Senior Member .He complains about seeing this data manipulation all day long and people actually attack him and dismiss his claims.Most of these bucket shops will clean your account before you know it.They will send manipulated data just to screw up your system and indicators to give false signals

El cid

el cid:
Hi folks

El cid

Cid,

The reason of North Finance missing a Sunday bar because they're no GMT broker. Their candlesticks are full 24hours from GMT-21 ~ the next day GMT-21. The 1 has a flaw is the broker who give you another EXTRA bar on sunday. North Finance has 5 bars a week whilst most other brokers has 6. If you need to overcome the high/low problem, you'll need to break down the code of your EA originally looking of iHigh(NULL,PERIOD_D1,0); to look into

High; to find out the past 24 hours High. Like wise for low. Ofcourse, you'll also need to train your system to look at the past 24 hours High/Low during certain time only. Such as only perform this task when the server clock rounded 00:00(for GMT servers). So, its not the broker issue. Its yours. I belive you paid thousands of dollars to those professional coders, I think you deserve a lot better than a crappy EA. I'm here by contribute my advice to you. Hope this help.

Regards

David

p/s: Meanwhile, started another new EA last 2 weeks. Have no problem at all finding the hi-low on FastBrokersFX.

Files:
Reason: