Robust and reliable EA and systems

Hi folks

The best test for EAS is to put them on test against every currency pair ,with same settings and take profits and stop losses.

If an E A makes profit every year on backtests using the same settings ,I will use the EA for live trading.I normally look at backtests over 3 years.

EAS optimised for a single currency pair are the worst to use, because the E A caters only for one type of market condition and only one type of currency charecteristics.These EAS fail when market conditions change or currency pair charecteristics change

Here are results of tests on a robust E A called oilfxpro stochastics.It shows profits for every year on many different pairs

Most of the crap EAS will have different settings for each currency pair and are only suitable for one currency pair namely GBP/USD .Infact most mediocre trending systems are profitable on cable.

Look for an E A that is profitable on several other pairs

note I always test 1 m and 25% but results on 5 m are better with 90%

Regards

El Cid

Here is performance of a two of my private EA portfolios

see the very low drawdown.A good portfolio of EAS smoothens the equity curve

Files:

Decent results there mate.

Do you plan to market this?

fx_geezer:
Decent results there mate. Do you plan to market this?

I am forward testing the portfolios at present and debugging almost 10 new EAS .I am also making improvements daily and really annoying my coders with daily improvements.

Hopefully by 1 st of December we should have two to three great portfolios ready with forward tests.The latest date is 1 st January 2008

We have 10 different EAS trading 6 different pairs in 30 combinations.

30 charts on your monitors and 30 EAS FROM SINGLE ACCOUNT

Regards

El cid

Very nice el Cid. If you want to see an unreal ea though you should see what bluto's Super RSI is doing right now even in this bad market. Its almost historic as ea's go. I've never seen anything like it. His new group is almost in mayhem right now with blokes doubling their accounts in a few weeks and such. Its a monster ea, probably the best of its kind and the best in the world right now. I'm dead serious.

carly

carly96:
Very nice el Cid. If you want to see an unreal ea though you should see what bluto's Super RSI is doing right now even in this bad market. Its almost historic as ea's go. I've never seen anything like it. His new group is almost in mayhem right now with blokes doubling their accounts in a few weeks and such. Its a monster ea, probably the best of its kind and the best in the world right now. I'm dead serious. carly

Bluto is a nice guy .If I trade with an EA ,I normally like to know the logic and Bluto only provides EX4 files , so his EA is of no use to me because I like to see mq4 files.

Every trend trading E A would have done well over the last two months , nothing new ....just favourable market conditions.Even those EAS that have been losing last 12 months made good profits over the last two months.Infact all the mediocre EAS and systems on cable made money last month

Hans123 Results - MyFxReport.com

I might use Bluto's EA but for the same layout in cost I can bring out my

supertrender EA

Good luck to all and happy trading

El Cid

hello al cide

what do you think about this expert same setting for all pairs!!!

sps8:
what do you think about this expert same setting for all pairs!!!

I can't comment unless you have better backtests,forward tests and system rules posted.Any thing I write will be useless comments.

Your back tests show no modelling quality

Here is what somebody else said about EAS

yeoeleven

Senior Member Join Date: Jun 2006

The best EA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

there are many EAs which will perform satisfactorily but the problem is how to find the right settings for the current conditions.

A "good" EA can fail miserably with the wrong settings, whilst one that is not so "good" can succeed with the right settings.

My advice is to look at various threads and read detailed statements and tie them into the settings posted.

Time spent doing this exercise plus your own forward and backward testing will aid in your understanding and who knows you may just find the one that you are looking for here and for free.

After doing this for the past 6 months I am closing in on what will be the right settings on the right EA to suit my requirements.

As has been posted it is unlikely that one who has spent months of testing will offer up his findings so it is up to you to make the effort.

I agree with previous comment that an EA for sale for $60 is unlikely to produce the results as promised. If it was so good it would be worth many times that and the owner would make that much time and time again just by trading it.

John

here is another article

Are Mechnical Trading Systems For Sale Any Good?

With an increasing number of ads out there in the papers and on the Internet, I've received emails from readers asking for my opinion on mechnical/automated trading. Should we all rush out to grab one of those mechnical/automated trading systems that are for sale? The lure of such get-rich-quick advertisements certainly appeal to those people who are interested in making money but not interested in learning how to.

My personal view is that even if those systems are working at the time they are sold, they will soon stop working as more and more people use them. The reasoning is that when big players start noticing many simultaneous orders being placed at the same time, they will create systems to either trade against those orders, or anticipate them. So, profitable automated trading systems will lose their magic once too many people start to use them. Additionally, why would someone who is successfully trading an automated system want to sell it and lose his trading income as more and more people use the system?

Apart from the discretionary trading that I engage in, I also use some mechanical trading systems which I have developed after much experimentation and testing. I don't think I would give these systems away as they produce a steady stream of income with little work.

Besides, even if someone were to use these systems, he or she would have to periodically adapt the systems to changing market conditions. And if that person doesn't have a full understanding of the systems and the markets, it would be very unlikely he or she could keep these systems profitable over a period of time.

Why is teaching discretionary trading different from selling a mechanical system?

With a mechanical system, trades will automatically be placed in pre-determined market conditions. This means that every trader's computer that is running the system will place the same trade at the same time, thus affecting the market and the results of the system.

On the other hand, with discretionary trading, a trader makes his or her own trading decisions as to when to enter and exit a position by taking into consideration a multitude of factors influencing any given currency pair. Thus, the chances of traders who have learnt the same techniques placing exactly the same trade at the same time are very slim.

If you are considering a mechanical trading system, it is better for you to design and test that system yourself, rather than trusting blindly in a system for sale which you don't understand and cannot be sure if the system is profitable or don't know how to adapt it to changing market conditions.

And in order to reach the stage whereby you can design and test your own systems, you will need a good understanding of technical analysis and the psychology of the forex market.

Forward tests on stochastics E A

Nice reliable E A .

Hi

Many many Free stochasics EAS link here.I only use custom EAS .

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177239

Regards

El cid

Reason: