Dukascopy - page 4

swagman1:
Thanks for the reply I will definitely ask about the regularity of downtime. It's not right that you are taking all the risk and are unable to close a trade when you want to. I have heard a couple of negatives now, so maybe they have trouble living up to the hype, unless of course you have custodian or VIP account.

What else is there to switch to though, there's MB Trading but they only hold monies in US$ and with helicopter Ben showering the world with these worthless notes I dont want to be left holding any.

Do you know of any other reputable ECN brokers?

Hope you made that 25 back while you were waiting.

All the best

Swagman

I figured out the problem, i had the old jforex file thats why i couldnt log on. I end up making 10 extra pips. This is my personal rating for dukas

3.5/10 - Customer service speed

7.5/10 - Customer service general <--- they are pretty generic but they are polite.

10/10 - Execution. 0.5 sec faster in jforex than mt4.

9/10 - jforex platform <-- ill give it 10 but strategies and indicators sux major balls. Feels very stiff unlike mt4

10/10 - Up time

8/10 - Spread <-- a little piss at the difference in spread demo - live.

10/10 - Correlation move demo and live <-- both chart(candles) looks 98% the same.

Dukas is good if you just want to trade. If you have problem better take a deep breath.

Mbtrading sux charts way different than all other providers. You gonna get almight slippage 1~2 pips in every trade and always against you. Better go where the money is.

FXopen high commission is like paying dukas + fxopen commission but customer service is great. Execution is slow(+1~2 sec) because you gotta go through fxopen then dukas. This will cause you either +/-1~3 pips extra in your stop loss or take profit.

Go with Dukas...

Cheers Hardball thanks for your input.

hardball:
I figured out the problem, i had the old jforex file thats why i couldnt log on. I end up making 10 extra pips. This is my personal rating for dukas

3.5/10 - Customer service speed

7.5/10 - Customer service general <--- they are pretty generic but they are polite.

10/10 - Execution. 0.5 sec faster in jforex than mt4.

9/10 - jforex platform <-- ill give it 10 but strategies and indicators sux major balls. Feels very stiff unlike mt4

10/10 - Up time

8/10 - Spread <-- a little piss at the difference in spread demo - live.

10/10 - Correlation move demo and live <-- both chart(candles) looks 98% the same.

Dukas is good if you just want to trade. If you have problem better take a deep breath.

Mbtrading sux charts way different than all other providers. You gonna get almight slippage 1~2 pips in every trade and always against you. Better go where the money is.

FXopen high commission is like paying dukas + fxopen commission but customer service is great. Execution is slow(+1~2 sec) because you gotta go through fxopen then dukas. This will cause you either +/-1~3 pips extra in your stop loss or take profit.

Go with Dukas...

fx open is MT4 based, so it's an MT4 based ECN. Hard to beat that!

<Deleted>

witsnpips:
fx open is MT4 based, so it's an MT4 based ECN. Hard to beat that!

Fxopen gets his datafeed from dukas thats why their commission is so high. since they have to go through dukas too there is alot delay in you order 1-2 sec.

Once you get used to jforex you will never trade in mt4 again. Faster execution data feed is more more reliable and smooth. But it is more stiff hard to use but again i would never trade in mt4 again. If dukas switch to mt4 i would use both one to control my position(mt4) and one for doing the trading(jforex).

Hard, How much deposit you put in dukascopy? You may get high spread with 1-5k deposit.

hardball:
Fxopen gets his datafeed from dukas thats why their commission is so high. since they have to go through dukas too there is alot delay in you order 1-2 sec. Once you get used to jforex you will never trade in mt4 again. Faster execution data feed is more more reliable and smooth. But it is more stiff hard to use but again i would never trade in mt4 again. If dukas switch to mt4 i would use both one to control my position(mt4) and one for doing the trading(jforex).

Sorry, but this is not true, FX OPEN'S MT4 ECN does NOT take 1-2 seconds to execute. I have it and it's extremely fast.

Thanks for the reply I will definitely ask about the regularity of downtime. It's not right that you are taking all the risk and are unable to close a trade when you want to. I have heard a couple of negatives now, so maybe they have trouble living up to the hype, unless of course you have custodian or VIP account.

What else is there to switch to though, there's MB Trading but they only hold monies in US$ and with helicopter Ben showering the world with these worthless notes I dont want to be left holding any.

Do you know of any other reputable ECN brokers?

Hope you made that 25 back while you were waiting.

All the best

Swagman

also I found duka's gbpjpy, eurjpy's pip is higher than alpari uk.

in general alpari's spread is lower than my other brokers

winnn:
also I found duka's gbpjpy, eurjpy's pip is higher than alpari uk. in general alpari's spread is lower than my other brokers

Be carefull when you compare spreads from alpari with other brokers.

If you compare the spread of the demo account on alpari you will indeed see a spread that is nearly the lowest compared to all other brokers.

But the spread that you see on that demo account is only given to you on a real account if you open a 20K $ account.

If not then your spread is on your real account is higher then the spread you see on the demo account.

Friendly regards... iGoR

Reason: