Dukascopy - page 7

Problem of "market purge" and other strategies

I wrote some articles to Dukascopy Forex Article Contest.

I don't really want to win, there are better contestants.

My wish is, that as many traders as possible, see these articles and comment them. I think topics, that I touched are extremly important, and we as traders, should discuss on them and make something more. My articles are only introduction to these topics.

And I want to ask, should I write something more about that?

Forex Article Contest :: Dukascopy Bank SA | Swiss Forex Bank | ECN Broker | Managed accounts | Swiss FX trading platform

Apologize for my imperfect English.

jForex Blog

I've started a blog where I document my experience programming for jForex platform. Anybody willing to participate on the discussion either learning from it or sharing his own experience is welcome. The blog is locate here: >> jForex

Hi,

I wanted to refresh the topic.

I have a convenient tool for playing on JForex platform using Depth of Market (DOM), which is available in Dukascopy broker.

Do you have any methods, ideas how to use available in Dukascopz price ladder?

I attach Price ladder strategy to try it on JForex platform.

Enjoy it.

Hi There,

Does anyone know of a trade analysis tool (like mt4live, or myfxbook) that works with the jforex platform?

I just opened a new account at fxdd and will be using the jforex platform

Thanks in advance

Cory

JForex Spread Indicators: Part 1(split due to forex-tsd word limit)

Here are two basic MT4 Indicators that have been running without error for + month on a JForex EU platform.

1. Spread.mq4
  2. Spread_Lines.mq4
  3. The JForex platform does not have an option to show graphics of the Ask and Bid price lines simultaneously.

Image 1. Spread_Lines and Spread Indicators.

Spread Inputs Parameters - Show_Bid and Font_Bold checked.

Attached Image (click to enlarge)

The following is a detailed step-by-step list of instruction. It may be of benefit as JForex is somewhat exacting.

Spread_Lines: Installing and Compiling.

1. The JForex platform should already be downloaded and running successfully.
    2. Download the Spread_Line.mq4 file and place in the Documents / JForex / Indicators folder.
    3. Locate the Workspace panel → then → Custom Indicators in the folder tree. It should be below Strategies and above Plugins.
    4. Right click on Customs Indicator.
    5. Left click Open Indicator.
    6. Locate the Spead_Lines.mq4 file in the Documents / JForex / Indicator folder. Click on Spread_Lines.mq4 and then Open.
    7. The MT4 indicator code should now be open in the editor.
    8. Locate Environment on the menu bar. This how is things should look: Environment MT4 ▼
    9. Hover the mouse over the next two buttons to the right of the drop down ▼. Immediate right of MT4▼ is the Compile (F5) button and on the right of the Compile button is the Parameters button.
    10. The Parameters button is next step and MUST be dealt with before the Compile button.
    11. Ensure that ◘Obfuscate on the menu bar is not checked.
    12. Left click the Parameters Button and uncheck Calculate once per bar ◘. If this is not unchecked the indicator will not update in real time but only once per bar.
    13. Uncheck Recalculate all ◘ and hit the Save button.
    14. Now ensure that the Messages Tab is selected and Click the Clear Messages button. This will ensure a clean slate for error or success indication at the next step of compiling.
    15. Click the Compile button and check Messages window for compilation success. Always check messages for errors or success.
    16. Spread_Lines indicator should now be visible in the Workspace navigation pane under Custom Indicators.
    17. Right click on the indicator to view the available options.
    18. The following files should now be found in the Documents / JForex / Indicator folder: Spread_Lines.jfx, Spread_Lines.mq4 and Spread_Lines.xml.
    19. Note: If for some reason you need to recompile all old instances of the indicator must first be removed from all charts via the Workspace navigation panel under Charts. The new indicator must then be attached to the required charts.

Spread_Lines: Testing

20. There are two ways of placing the indicator on the chart.
    21. An instance of the indicator is available from the chart menu button f(x) → Custom → Spread_Lines and places the indicator directly onto the chart without option to first change parameters.
    22. An instance of the indicator is available in the Workspace navigation panel under Charts → Symbol, Timeframe. Locate f(x) Spread_Lines → Right click → Add to Active Chart. The Inputs Parameter Window opens prior to the indicator attaching to the chart.
    23. Check that the indicator Ask-Bid lines are updating in real time and not once per bar. If not, go back to start.
    24. To edit the indicator parameters at a later date return to the f(x) Spread_Lines instance of the indicator under Charts (Workspace navigation panel).
    25. To edit the indicator code locate the Spread_Lines instance of the indicator under Custom Indicators.
    26. To layer the indicator behind or in front of candles got to Tools → Preferences → Charts → Chart Drawing Sequence - - - drag item up or down to rearrange as required.

Spread_Lines: Proving Accuracy

4. Goto Tools → Preferences → Chart → Check Show Last Candle Tracking. Select Throughout the chart and click the OK button.
  5. Go to chart and select Bid ▼ from the chart menu. The underlying JForex Bid graphic can be seen as a dotted line underneath the Spread_Lines Bid line.
  6. Select Ask ▼ from the chart menu. The JForex Ask graphics can be seen as a dotted line underneath the Spread_Lines Ask line.

JForex Spread Indicators: Part 2

Spread: Installing, Compiling and Testing

1. As above.
  2. See Parameters Window for Show_Ask , Show_Bid and Font_Bold.
  3. Spread: Proving Accuracy

4. Locate the instance of the Spread indicator in the Workspace navigation panel under Charts → Symbol, Timeframe. Access the Spread Parameter Window (Right click → Edit Indicator) and check Show_Ask and Show_Bid.
  5. The indicator should now have a graphic of the Ask price, Bid price and spread difference.
  6. Check that the indicator is updating in real time. If not, got back to start.
  7. Locate the Accounts Bar at bottom of platform and ensure that ◘OneClick is unchecked then right click on the chart and select Sell Market which will bring up the Order Window with updating Ask and Bid prices in large font against green and pink backgrounds respectively.Caution: Do not take any trades.
  8. In slow markets the Order Window Ask and Bid price can be compared to the Ask and Bid Price of the indicator.
  9. In fast markets price fluctuations are too fast for accurate comparison and a snap shot of the screen frozen at instant of snap is required.
  10. This can be done with the window Snipping Tool. Start → in the search type → snipping tool. For ease of use the Snipping Tool can be pinned to the task bar.
  11. Click on the Snipping Tool. A frozen snapshot of the screen at instant of click will be superimposed over the screen. See below image 2.
  12. Compare Ask and Bid price of the Order Window against the Ask and Bid price of the indicator.
  13. Compare indicator spread against the indicator Ask-Bid difference.

Solutions:

Q: I have an ask-price, bid-price and spread in the upper top corner with a secondary spread behind the ask-price.

A.: You will have two instances of the Spread Indicator on the chart. Remove one via the Workspace navigation panel.

Q: My indicator is not moving.

A: You have probably compiled it to update once per bar.

Q: I have recompiled but the changes are not taking effect on the charts.

A: If for some reason you need to recompile all old instances of the indicator must first be removed from all charts via the Workspace navigation panel under Charts. The new indicator must then be attached to the required charts. Have fun !

Things got out of hand ? - Note: If for some reason things have got a bit out of hand and after compiling correctly things are still not working out as they should you will need to get ride of some stubborn files. Cut to the chase 1) Remove all instances of the indicator from all charts via the Workspace navigation panel under Charts and Custom Indicators. 2) Delete the the .mxl and the .jfx files of the same name in the Documents / JForex / Indicator folder. This will remove all old instances of the indicator from the JForex platform and chart menu f(x) button. Start from scratch and recompile the original .mq4 file.

Code to edit for permanent change of default parameters.

The only code the user should edit is the values after the = sign. Alternative to false is true. Here is a link to MQL4 Colors. They should work with JForex - I have not tested every color. Always check messages for a successful compile. After a change of code all old instances of the indicator must be removed from all charts via the Workspace navigation panel under charts and the new indicator attached to the required charts.

Spread Indicator

// User Inputes : Start

extern color Ask_Color = Lime;

extern color Bid_Color = Red;

extern color Spread_Color = Orange;

extern bool Show_Ask = false;

extern bool Show_Bid = false;

extern int Font_Size = 17;

extern bool Font_Bold = false;

extern int Move_Left_Right = 20;

extern int Move_Up_Down = 20;

extern int Corner = 1;

// User Inputs : End

Spread_Lines Indicator

// User Inputs : Start

extern color Ask_Line = Green;

extern color Bid_Line = Red;

extern int Line_Style = 0;

extern int Line_Width = 1;

// User Inputs : End

MT4 Indicators that may be of interest

Files:

Two MT4 Indicators for JForex

1. Kijun Sen (no envelope)

2. Kijun Sen + Envelopes

These Indicators have been running without error on a JForex EU platform for some months.

Each zip download contains a .mq4, mq4.xml and .jfx file of corresponding name. Place all files in the Documents / Jforex / Indicators folder.

If required, additional installation information at above posts 66 & 67.

Source MT4 Indicators - here

Image: Kijun Sen - 34, Envelope distance - 1000. Adjust Kijun Sen period and envelope distance as required

Files:

Comment:If numerous custom indicators code windows are opening when Jforex platform loads here is how the problem was solved. There may be a more efficient way.

1. Delete all custom indicators from the Custom Indicators folder in the Workspace Panel.
  2. Until the platform is closed all custom indicators will still be visible under the individual Chart folders in the Workspace Panel.
  3. Close the platform down and restart.
  4. All custom indicators will be found to be removed from the individual Chart folders in the Workspace Panel and hence all indicator graphics from all charts.
  5. Reload all indicators onto all charts and save in relative templates (last menu button).
  6. Save: File → Save Workspace.
  7. Test: Close the platform and restart. No Custom Indicator code windows should have opened. All indicator graphics should be on all charts and working.

JForex Indicators, Strategies, Scripts etc., can be found at JStore :: Dukascopy Bank SA | Swiss Forex Bank | ECN Broker | Managed accounts | Swiss FX trading platform. Select free to display only free.

The above source MT4 Indicators at https://login.mql5.com/en/users/file451/publications

Phylo:
JForex Indicators, Strategies, Scripts etc., can be found at JStore :: Dukascopy Bank SA | Swiss Forex Bank | ECN Broker | Managed accounts | Swiss FX trading platform. Select free to display only free. The above source MT4 Indicators at https://login.mql5.com/en/users/file451/publications

thanks for info:)

Reason: