Dukascopy - page 3

:: Dukascopy has metatrader in demo now.. expected to be live in 6 months.. ( sooner or later ).. but worth to keep an eye open on this one.. they finally realize that java is not the friendliest app to work around with and they missing some client potential..

well.. thumbs up!

IN10TION

in10tion:
:: Dukascopy has metatrader in demo now.. Expected to be live in 6 months.. ( sooner or later ).. But worth to keep an eye open on this one.. They finally realize that java is not the friendliest app to work around with and they missing some client potential..

Well.. Thumbs up!

In10tion

wachabamba yeah bro yeahhh

Dukascopy spread warning!.

Hi guys,

I have a live account with dukas and something you should know that the spread in live account is always 0.5~1 pip that the demo all the time in all the currencies.

IN10TION:
:: Dukascopy has metatrader in demo now.. expected to be live in 6 months.. ( sooner or later ).. but worth to keep an eye open on this one.. they finally realize that java is not the friendliest app to work around with and they missing some client potential..

well.. thumbs up!

IN10TION

Bad news, guys: i talked with my referral in dukascopy (i have an account with them and i'm also an introducing agent), and it semms we won't see MT4 so soon. Many stability problems, and many bugs in filling orders still to fix. It looks more likely we have to learn how to program in java...

Randy70:
Bad news, guys: i talked with my referral in dukascopy (i have an account with them and i'm also an introducing agent), and it semms we won't see MT4 so soon. Many stability problems, and many bugs in filling orders still to fix. It looks more likely we have to learn how to program in java...

dammit! i was looking forward to it too oh well

hardball:
Hi guys, I have a live account with dukas and something you should know that the spread in live account is always 0.5~1 pip that the demo all the time in all the currencies.

Hey Hardball,

I dont understand your post, 0.5-1 pip what.

swagman1:
Hey Hardball, I dont understand your post, 0.5-1 pip what.

the spread is bigger all the time.

hardball:
the spread is bigger all the time.

Generally though hardball would you say the spread on the majors is no more than 3 pips, (except news of course) if so, that's the same as I get now so no matter. I am in the process of setting up an account, from your experience is there any other matters/problems that I should enquire about before going live.

Thanks

Swagman

I'm pissed

Dukas is not what i thought it was. Customer service is 2nd class so far. They take 1 hour to answer you and everything is if your cant connect call +41 (0) 22 799 48 48. Very annoying. The server went down in the london open - i was about 110 pips up and i have lost around 25 pips so far because i cant close the trade. I'm really reconsider to switch to something else. And spread is always always 0.5~1.0 as i said of the demo no matter what. the only time it kinda match is during london open but still is around 0.5 pips over.

hardball:
Dukas is not what i thought it was. Customer service is 2nd class so far. They take 1 hour to answer you and everything is if your cant connect call +41 (0) 22 799 48 48. Very annoying. The server went down in the london open - i was about 110 pips up and i have lost around 25 pips so far because i cant close the trade. I'm really reconsider to switch to something else. And spread is always always 0.5~1.0 as i said of the demo no matter what. the only time it kinda match is during london open but still is around 0.5 pips over.

Thanks for the reply I will definitely ask about the regularity of downtime. It's not right that you are taking all the risk and are unable to close a trade when you want to. I have heard a couple of negatives now, so maybe they have trouble living up to the hype, unless of course you have custodian or VIP account.

What else is there to switch to though, there's MB Trading but they only hold monies in US$ and with helicopter Ben showering the world with these worthless notes I dont want to be left holding any.

Do you know of any other reputable ECN brokers?

Hope you made that 25 back while you were waiting.

All the best

Swagman

Reason: