Repainting indicators - page 26

Mladen...can End pointed SSA be used with super smoother?...will it benefit from that?

mladen:
engula End-pointed SSA made as a corridor version is the normalized (it was not made in any other "corridor" version). The usual addition : end-point version does not repaint

Pava:
Mladen...can End pointed SSA be used with super smoother?...will it benefit from that?

Pava

Been thinking some and the conclusion would be that it could be used only as a smoother (with usual problem - it would add lag)

engula:
hi secretcode, do you mean the normalized one? thanks.

Engula

Yes it is ! ( though Mladen has already answered your question )

Regards,

secretcode:
Engula

Yes it is ! ( though Mladen has already answered your question )

Regards,

thanks secretcode,

then i assume it's the one attached here.

corridor_ssa_normalized_end-pointed_mtf.mq4

i'd need some help from you, if possible: can you pls explain / show me how to read this indi regarding buy/sell suggestions (std settings in the attached chart)? i tried, but can't find an answer...

lag + SSA end pointed lag...-no good:)...thanks...

mladen:
Pava Been thinking some and the conclusion would be that it could be used only as a smoother (with usual problem - it would add lag)

engula:
thanks secretcode,

then i assume it's the one attached here.

corridor_ssa_normalized_end-pointed_mtf.mq4

i'd need some help from you, if possible: can you pls explain / show me how to read this indi regarding buy/sell suggestions (std settings in the attached chart)? i tried, but can't find an answer...

Engula

I am learner but let me try to explain,

Please take a look at this post (and picture too!) : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/183204

Also this post by author himself : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/183204

In that picture upper one is non recalculates (default setting) and lower one is recalculates !

The corridor ssa indicator resembles repainting indicator, isn't it interesting ?

Also you can consider buy/sell when zero cross and trend reversal when it touch and leave the corridor part

So you can use it many ways

Hope it helps

secretcode

secretcode:
Engula

I am learner but let me try to explain,

Please take a look at this post (and picture too!) : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/183204

Also this post by author himself : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/183204

In that picture upper one is non recalculates (default setting) and lower one is recalculates !

The corridor ssa indicator resembles repainting indicator, isn't it interesting ?

Also you can consider buy/sell when zero cross and trend reversal when it touch and leave the corridor part

So you can use it many ways

Hope it helps

secretcode

secretcode,

thanks for your reply and for the useful link to the thread.

i'll post in that thread too, in the hope to have additional feedback from those who are using this indi. which i find quite interesting -as you pointed out, too- , and think there must be something more behind...

regards

Hi everyone,

I could't find nowhere any information about indicators that I lookin for , so I decided post here my request .

So I wonder which indicators are no repaint at open bar , I need it to find indicator which will be indicates if candle is up

or down at start of that candle ,

Thanks for help,

mj023:
Hi everyone,

I could't find nowhere any information about indicators that I lookin for , so I decided post here my request .

So I wonder which indicators are no repaint at open bar , I need it to find indicator which will be indicates if candle is up

or down at start of that candle ,

Thanks for help,

Indicators that are using price do not repaint on an open bar in one case only : when open price is used for calculation. In all the other cases, as long as the bar is not closed, since the price can change, indicator must update the value for the current bar. That is not repainting but is simply calculating according to new conditions (prices)

Repainting would be if the prices did not change and the indicator chages the value(s). Also repainting should not be confused with recalculating. Recalculating is happening when the mathematical algorithm requires so (when the model to estimate something is made so). Repainting (unlike recalculating) is in 99.99% cases a result of a coding error

Thank you mladen , can you give me some indicators that are using price and don't repaint at open bar ??

Reason: