SYNERGY Trading Method - page 76

Hints

Hi,

I am sorry I did not think about the dll imports. I do not know for optimization. Anyway this is very heavy for MT4, you could backtest but for very short periods.

It is experimental. I did it because I promissed to do so and I wanted the project completed. I hope this may be useful. Do not forget this is an indicator and not a trading strategy.

I use mainly the indicators from the other thread for Digital ASCTrend.

My toolbox expanded considerably lately and I am not able to test everything properly. That is why I publish all this here, so people can test and improve.

And do not forget I am not a coder so this has not passed a professional code check.

I am sorry, when I write from my girlfriend house I use another avatar.

J.L.

Testing

Thanks again for your help. I am now optimizing an EA with Caterpillar_v3, but it is very slow. If any of the other indicators might be better for this purpose, please let me know.

If the indicators in DigitalACSTrend are superior, then I would prefer to test them. Can you suggest a particular indicator or indicators that could be used to build an EA?

Do not base any strategy on SSA and caterpillar, they repaint. They are analytical tools. Use the casual SSA end - pointed version.

I suggest: brain Trend SSA end - pointed

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175639/page2

Testing

OK, I will look into it.

What about Alma and RSXnew, FullSSA (+normalized) or JJMA. I guess Jurik is out of the question too.

Hi,

I love all of them. Really, the Alma is is a mathematical beauty easy to grasp (have you checked the author's site for explanations). On forex factory also we did some interesting mods of BB Bands based on alma.

The last months I was exposed to an idea overload, so I had to stop, make a break or something like that.

The idea is whenever we see the iMA function in any interesting system we could replace it with something digital and do that systematically (or you find Stochastic, you can replace with digital counterpart etc.). The result is a whole new generation of systems. That does not mean that they are better of course. But we have new ways of exploration.

My hypothesis is that the digital filters allow better for local optimization. I have not find a global solution with them as a cross - over system.

By the way what about of Alma mod of trading dynamic index?

Complex pairs

Now I am having computer problems because of the demands of these indicators. I think that they may still create too much of a load to be used in practice.

However, have you ever considered adding SSA to the Complex Pairs indicator in the Cluster family?

Hi,

I am fine with the SSA ep. Well, you can use offline charts and updating manually bar by bar.

I have an idea to use only open prices, I hope this may work.

Thank you for the idea, that is what is called positive black swan effect. You never know who and how will give a precious idea.

SSA ep

I still do not see the SSA ep or its window, even though it apparently loaded successfully. However, the SSA normalized ep does appear properly.

Roy

Success

Now the SSA ep appears, after a long delay!

Traders Dynamic Index SSA ep horizontal lines

hello ,

after installing the Traders Dynamic Index SSA ep.mq4 indicator i discovered the horizontal lines do not show up (see chart.jpg), I even tried other colors....is this a bug or only my problem?

tobi

Files:
chart.jpg  176 kb
Reason: