Follow The Bouncing Pip - page 269

I moved your post to this thread.

Check first post of the thread.

Just some more EAs from this thread:

bouncingPipEA_BigBear_v23 EA is on this post: coding the original method described by BigBear on this thread. Original thread is here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177573

bouncingPipEA_mPowerV42 EA is on this post and most recent versions are on this page: EA is having many combinations of several confirmation methods including QQE. Original thread is here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177573

bouncingPipEA_BigBear_v24 EA and bouncingPipEA_mpowerV44 EA are on this post. Here are the new versions of the EA with changes to handle ECN and 5 digit brokers. They will still work correctly with 4 digit brokers and non ECN brokers.

Hi,

Is anyone still using this system? Bear are you still trading it?

Forward Testing

hankt80:
Hi, Is anyone still using this system? Bear are you still trading it?

I just started forward testing this on a demo. I am using the original method (with 30m, 1hr, 4hr confirmation and MFI indi), along with the double stoch smoothed (50 stoch setting) that someone posted (sorry, don't remember who, read too much on here). So far I am only looking at entering when all criteria are met and the stoch is in over bought/sold areas. Signals are far and few but I'm hoping it will filter many false signals. This is a huge thread and so far i've only read up to page 110ish. Maybe someone else has already found a good way to trade it? Anyway, any feedback on my take of the idea is welcomed!

code_trader

code_trader_ftc.zip

Files:

code_trader:
I just started forward testing this on a demo. I am using the original method (with 30m, 1hr, 4hr confirmation and MFI indi), along with the double stoch smoothed (50 stoch setting) that someone posted (sorry, don't remember who, read too much on here). So far I am only looking at entering when all criteria are met and the stoch is in over bought/sold areas. Signals are far and few but I'm hoping it will filter many false signals. This is a huge thread and so far i've only read up to page 110ish. Maybe someone else has already found a good way to trade it? Anyway, any feedback on my take of the idea is welcomed!

code_trader

Hello code_trader,

How has the forward testing gone so far? Are the results good?

Thank you

nlenz

nlenz:
Hello code_trader,

How has the forward testing gone so far? Are the results good?

Thank you

nlenz

I'm going to be honest, I've been jumping around like crazy to different strategies. The more I read and learn the more I'm starting to see the bigger picture. I've come to a conclusion that Bear's FTC strategy isn't for me. I've adjusted fire to look more at the affect of volume on different TF's while using price action, rsi(14), and stoch(13,3,3). Higher volume peaks on rsi oversold/bought areas. Using stoch's to determine momentum by looking at the higher TF that I'm trading and waiting for them to be in same direction. Thinking maybe for scalping to ignore stoch. It's a work in progress.

code_trader_volisr.tpl

xard_panel.mq4

vs_pivotsd.mq4

code_trader

Files:

code_trader:
I'm going to be honest, I've been jumping around like crazy to different strategies. The more I read and learn the more I'm starting to see the bigger picture. I've come to a conclusion that Bear's FTC strategy isn't for me. I've adjusted fire to look more at the affect of volume on different TF's while using price action, rsi(14), and stoch(13,3,3). Higher volume peaks on rsi oversold/bought areas. Using stoch's to determine momentum by looking at the higher TF that I'm trading and waiting for them to be in same direction. Thinking maybe for scalping to ignore stoch. It's a work in progress.

code_trader_volisr.tpl

xard_panel.mq4

vs_pivotsd.mq4

code_trader

Thanks! I know what you mean - there isn't a single strategy or EA that's worked for me in forex consistently for any significant length of time. I think the only way may be if you know where a currency is headed and leaving it open for weeks on a very small amount of lots so it doesn't ruin your account.

nlenz

nlenz:
Thanks! I know what you mean - there isn't a single strategy or EA that's worked for me in forex consistently for any significant length of time. I think the only way may be if you know where a currency is headed and leaving it open for weeks on a very small amount of lots so it doesn't ruin your account. nlenz

So like a position trade then? Something you might look at for that is a carry trade. Position yourself to receive interest off of a currency over the long term but make sure you are positioned with the higher interest rate on your side.

Carry Trade

Interest Rates

code_trader

code_trader:
So like a position trade then? Something you might look at for that is a carry trade. Position yourself to receive interest off of a currency over the long term but make sure you are positioned with the higher interest rate on your side.

Carry Trade

Interest Rates

code_trader

Yes, like you position trade a stock - do some research and also need to have good sources of information.

nlenz

code_trader:

Carry Trade

Interest Rates

code_trader

P.S. Thanks for the links. I've read about a strategy called Max Yield - it is interesting if that would be applicable to forex too.

* In my previous post I meant to say - Yes, like when you position trade a stock - to do some research and also need to have good sources of information.

nlenz

nlenz:
P.S. Thanks for the links. I've read about a strategy called Max Yield - it is interesting if that would be applicable to forex too.

* In my previous post I meant to say - Yes, like when you position trade a stock - to do some research and also need to have good sources of information.

nlenz

Yea, definitely need to scrutinize the sources we get our information from. Haven't heard of Max Yield strat yet but I'll look into it, thanks!

code_trader

Reason: