Drag and drop SL and TP in the tester. - page 8

Alexey Volchanskiy:
I'll get it in the evening, in the nearest bar ))
That's too trivial, I'd rather spend it on women or go to Sochi for a weekend).

Dmitry Fedoseev:
Not in visual testing, but in the tester. In the tester, both during normal and visual testing everything is the same, and ChartEvent does not work there. But during visual testing, there is a chart and ChartEvent works in the indicators.
I also want to clarify. When you say "in the tester", it means that the ChartEvent function has been placed in the code of the tested Expert Advisor? Yes, it does not work when it is placed in an Expert Advisor during testing. This is not a problem, all the necessary information can be passed from the indicator to the Expert Advisor through global variables of the terminal.

khorosh:
Yes.
Does it work or doesn't it work? That's the name of the EA if you know what I mean.

A man has figured out how to make almost full use of the buttons in the visualiser, and 5 people jump on him shouting "it's not a tester!", "the buttons don't work!", etc.

Professionals, my ass.

On the topic of the topic: you can do the same, with lines. But you need to track the event of their movement either by the arrival of the tick, or through the same indicator that tracks the buttons.

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

A man has figured out how to make almost full use of the buttons in the visualiser, and 5 people jump on him shouting "it's not a tester!", "the buttons don't work!", etc.

Professionals, my ass.

On the topic of the topic: you can do the same, with lines. But you need to track the event of their movement either by tick arrival, or through the same indicator that tracks the buttons.

Thanks for the support. Yes, it is easier to criticize than to try to understand a person.

khorosh:
I would also like to clarify. When you say "in the tester", it means that the ChartEvent function has been placed in the code of an Expert Advisor under test? Yes, when placed in an Expert Advisor, it does not work in testing. This is not a problem, all the necessary information can be passed from the indicator to the Expert Advisor through global variables of the terminal.

I mean ChartEvent in an Expert Advisor or in an indicator called from the Expert Advisor using iCustom() function.

The indicator applied to the chart can be transferred to an Expert Advisor, but it will be triggered in the Expert Advisor depending on the ticks, therefore there is no special sense to make such a plot, it is possible to process pressing a button or shift of graphic objects in an Expert Advisor.

khorosh:

Thank you for your support. Yes, it is easier to criticise than to try to understand a person.

No one is criticising. Everyone is trying to explain that there is a difference in some things.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

I mean ChartEvent in an Expert Advisor or in an indicator called from the Expert Advisor using iCustom() function.

The indicator applied to the chart can be transferred to an Expert Advisor, but it will be triggered in the Expert Advisor depending on the ticks, therefore there is no special sense to make such a plot, it is possible to process pressing a button or shift of graphic objects in an Expert Advisor.

You can, of course, do both. But it seems to me that if you can use an event, this is a more elegant solution. When there are a lot of objects, the total time of their interrogation is still an additional brake.

khorosh:

You could do both, of course. But it seems to me that if you can use an event, it's a more elegant solution. When there are a lot of objects, the total polling time is still an additional drag.

I wish we could invent something so that when the EA works in the account, it would have an instantaneous response to global variables created by the indicator, rather than waiting for a tick.

Dmitry Fedoseev:
I wish I could think of something that would allow the EA to react instantly to the global variables created by the indicator, instead of waiting for a tick.
For some reason, the EA is launched only with tick. It would be nice if it could be started by an event. There is a variant of a looped script instead of the Expert Advisor, but it will cause a heavy load on a computer. Can a single execution of the script be encoded in some way by an event? The script can be launched using hotkeys. How about simulating the pressing of these hot keys using events? The script code should be made absolutely identical to that of the Expert Advisor. Then it will do the same thing as the Expert Advisor between ticks.
Reason: