Follow The Bouncing Pip - page 106

Hey igor, great post - any chance you could post the indicator shown ? Thanks

Me too..Igor...can you please post the mq4 file for us to download?...that looked nice on the 1Hr.

leeb:

leeb:

I could be wrong but if you read his post you will see he is unable to share the indicator. There appears to be an excellent description of it though and as Igor says, a good coder shouldn't have a problem figuring out how to code it.

Good job iGoR ,

so you guys have been able to code not only ZigZag basic indicator with last leg according to parameters in percentage of market move but also "Validity" fix removing repainting issue of the last leg ?

Did you guys tried also to crack the ZigZag_Trend indicator code ? , it should be way more responsive and correct in showing market trend change right as it is happening.

iGoR be ready, I'm sending my secret service guys after you to get that indicator.

Sincerely,

ChampionFx

Wait Signal ??

Hi MrPip,

I read yor backtest results showing that this system is profitable.

What is the meaning of wait signal? is that entry signal???

This was encouraging...Your work becomes a "solitary mission" without this forum of "captivated" readers.

ES

MrPip:
I added AutoLot to the EA and ran with the settings that produced the best results with profit at $16K. With MM the profit is now over $60K with 10% Account Balance per trade. Drawdown is higher but has more to do with trading 10% instead of 1 lot. Account size is $25K. Running with $10K account shows profit of $27125.

Most of the profit was from Aug 1 to Sept 7.

There is still something not right with the EA. It clearly misses some trades that appear to meet the rules. I printed out the values of the zigzag indicators and there are times since Sept 7 when a trade should have been placed. I will be working on this problem next.

Robert

redyM:
Hi MrPip,

I read yor backtest results showing that this system is profitable.

What is the meaning of wait signal? is that entry signal???

WaitSignal (was WaitHA) is how many bars after the zigzagpointer and nonlagzigzag signal to use in checking the trend filter using nonlagdot, Heiken Ashi, etc. If the trend does not change in that number of bars (3 seems to be best) the trade is not taken.

Robert

ElectricSavant:
This was encouraging...Your work becomes a "solitary mission" without this forum of "captivated" readers. ES

Once this last bug is found I will be posting the EA for others to test.

By keeping this "solitary" for now prevents the clutter that can happen with too many testers and needing to expalin the various inputs.

Robert

I know you guys are still working on the EA logic, and I hate to be one of those guys that throws out "suggestions" all the time, but I think I will do it anyway.

Have you experimented with limit orders as opposed to market orders? I.e., putting a short order 40/50 pips below current price wherever a sell signal occurs? As long as this interval is smaller than the default SL it seems like it might save some pips from false entries in the long run.

Keep up the great work, I look forward to seeing what you can put together.

Actually I agree 100%...Thank you for your work (I think). You must understand that for those of us that cannot grasp programming language... it is a gift to us....

I find that leeching off these various Forums to date has yielded nothing for me. But I still hold out hope...and the conversation becomes entertainment. I was even foolish enough to send some guy half a "C-note" once to get "in" on what I am seeking.

Please do not interpret any disrespect here. You and iGoR and others are in a field where the EA works or it does not...mathematics is a wonderful profession...now if only us traders could have a system go that way...sometimes we trade well...and sometimes the market does not let us...but that is not within a traders control, other than to use stops...The markets/dealers/banks lie, fool us and cheat us all the time...where mathematics never lie.

Mr. Pip, I will challenge you to discover a mathematical way to cover the spectrum of trending verses chop...You will never be able to "can it" and optimize both conditions in the same EA...prove me wrong...

Respectfully

ES

P.S. The difference between you and I Mr. PiP..is that if I accidentally found a way to my challenge (if a way existed) in a public discourse...I would disguise it as soon as I realized what I had found...I admit it...you would never see it...no one would...I would do what I do...I am a trader..I would not even sell it for 1 million dollars...as I have sufficient capital and experience to make one million in a short time by trading the holy grail. (I would have to hide well...spread out to many dealers and brokers...and lose purposely at times to fool them...lol...yes I once was a professional BlackJack player too...but that has nothing to do with trading) Now if I were dieing and had one year to live..I have a few people in my three ring binder that have inspired me over the years...I would leave them with a gift that kept giving before I died....but would they be able to trade it?

MrPip:
Once this last bug is found I will be posting the EA for others to test.

By keeping this "solitary" for now prevents the clutter that can happen with too many testers and needing to expalin the various inputs.

Robert
Reason: