Follow The Bouncing Pip - page 104

nix:
You can change the code to the following for more clarity:

if (NLD_Long != EMPTY_VALUE) return(LONG);

if (NLD_Short != EMPTY_VALUE) return(SHORT);

BTW: Nice work on bouncingPipEA_mpowerV2

Thanks,

For some reason using compare to EmptyValue in the past has caused problems. I know the value is very large so I use compare to 1000.

I will add a comment to the code to make this more clear.

So I am accessing the buffers correctly for the signals?

I am currently testing trailing stop methods.

PriceChannelStop, Breakeven + Lock, Delay trail until trigger is reached and trail immediately.

I also have EMA trail that might be useful with a setting like 25 or 34.

I have not yet added that to the code.

I found a bug where the trail was never done so the posted results are with no trailing stop.

I want to clean up the code a little and add comments but will leave everything else. I thought about removing CCI and Stochastic filters but thought other programmers might find the code useful.

Robert

MrPip:
Thanks,

For some reason using compare to EmptyValue in the past has caused problems. I know the value is very large so I use compare to 1000.

I will add a comment to the code to make this more clear.

So I am accessing the buffers correctly for the signals?

I am currently testing trailing stop methods.

PriceChannelStop, Breakeven + Lock, Delay trail until trigger is reached and trail immediately.

I also have EMA trail that might be useful with a setting like 25 or 34.

I have not yet added that to the code.

I found a bug where the trail was never done so the posted results are with no trailing stop.

I want to clean up the code a little and add comments but will leave everything else. I thought about removing CCI and Stochastic filters but thought other programmers might find the code useful.

Robert

Just trying to be helpful with the EMPTY_VALUE. I had problems with indicators which did not initialize the arrays with 0, but with EMPTY_VALUE instead. I used 666 instead of 1000 , but EMPTY_VALUE looked better in the code and I worked out fine.

BTW:

Have you tried to use "chandelierstops" indicator for pseudo trailing/stepping stop? I tested it manually and it looked good.

Files:

Hello nix ,

I'm sorry, I don't have the original ZigZag indicator code source for MetaStock.

It would be nice to see what's in there for sure and then based on the code

something may perhaps be done trying to create ZigZag_Validity and ZigZag_Trend indicators for MT4.

Sincerely,

ChampionFx

nix:
Both ZigZag_Validity and ZigZag_Trend indicators are based on the ZigZag indicator from the MetatStock package. This is a different indicator than the one provided in MT4 in order to translate the code we would need the code of the Zig indicator from MetaStock. Can you provide the source for this indicator?

MetaStock ZigZag indicator takes the following input parameters:

Zig(DATA ARRAY, MINIMUM CHANGE, DIFF_METHOD)

This calculates the value of the ZigZag indicator on the DATA ARRAY specified. MINIMUM CHANGE is the amount required and DIFF_METHOD is how the change is to be calculated (Percent or Points)

In the code above :

the default settings force the ZigZag indicator to be calculated using the following values:

Zig(Ind/tor,10,Percent) or Zig(Ind/tor,10,Points)

I don't know what the hell is Ind/tor:), but The ZigZag in MT4 uses CLOSE.

Translating the indicators should be easy.

So, will u do it? Will be very nice. Tx

Metastock code

ChampionFx:
Hello nix ,

I'm sorry, I don't have the original ZigZag indicator code source for MetaStock.

It would be nice to see what's in there for sure and then based on the code

something may perhaps be done trying to create ZigZag_Validity and ZigZag_Trend indicators for MT4.

Sincerely,

ChampionFx

Try looking here.

There is a lot of stuff for Metastock.

This is only the Z page.

Trader.Online.pl® - MetaStock™ Zone - Litera Z

Robert

Holy cow !!!

That's a bunch of also other versions of ZigZag indicators

Good find.

Thanks MrPip.

ZigZag Validity...

Check out this link:

Traders Tips - August 2002

"The zigzag % indicator in TradeStation 6 has been implemented in a way that obviates the need for a companion validation indicator."

Can anybody post the code for the ZigZag indicator found in TradeStation?

Maybe someone already transfered this code to MT4?

'marko So, will u do it? Will be very nice. Tx

Yes, if I can get the Zig indicator's code for MetaStock or if someone can point me to a different package which offers such indicators. I need the source (so far I have only MetaStock source) or the formula.

To put it in simple words

I need a ZigZag Percent indicator (Source or Compiled version is fine).

Reason: