Follow The Bouncing Pip - page 112

thank you

MrPip:
I know many of you are waiting for this so I am posting it now.

The next phase of development will be finding a good exit method. The current method exits on the opposite signal from the two zigzag indicators.

For MM the input for Risk should be small for Burns method and can be larger for Nix version.

I hope the other inputs are obvious. The various strings are menus to chose what you want to test.

The best results tested on GBPJPY were using the default settings.

Using 3% Risk and Burns MM method did return $8695 on $10K account with drawdown of 15%. Largest profit was 2262, largest loss 438.

Average profit was 1328, average loss was 250.

Using 4% risk and nix MM method returned $8798 with drawdown of 7.8%. Largest profit was 2602, largest loss was 512.

Average profit was 1225, average loss was 171.

Let the testing begin.

Robert

thanks a lot ,Mrpip,could you post all indicators work with your ea? BTW I bought a fast computer,if you need help for test,just let me know.

best wish

luke

indicators for EA

goodsignal:
thanks a lot ,Mrpip,could you post all indicators work with your ea? BTW I bought a fast computer,if you need help for test,just let me know.

best wish

luke

BigBear,

It would help if you post all indicators needed on the first post.

The zigzag indicators are already on the first post by BigBear.

These are the indicators used for confirmation of ZigZag indicators.The rest are standard with MT4.

Robert

Initial testing

MrPip:

Let the testing begin.

Robert

MrPip, thanks for all of your hard work. I have downloaded data for GBPJPY and GBPUSD that goes back to 2004.

Here are some initial findings. I don't have time to post exact results, but I will give you the summary.

I used both GBPJPY and GBPUSD, timeframes H1 and H4, MM - lot and nix and burn0050. I have used filters and no filters (original rules).

Basically, this EA is very profitable for 2007. In my testing so far, 2005 and 2006 are losing years - I am testing 1/1/200[x] - 1/1/200[x+1].

I think that BigBear is perhaps exiting on the first NLZZ line drawn, rather than wait for a signal in the opposite direction. Forex11 tends to use take profit or a trailing stop.

I have not tested the TP or TS method for these years to see if it makes a difference. We will need to code the "exit on first NLZZ" and test to see if that makes a difference also.

Thanks for sharing,

burn0050

New EA

It came to my attention that the EA was using the default inputs for the 2 zigzag indicators.

I am attaching the newest version of the EA.

I modified it to include inputs for the zigzag indicators and added the new MM from Nix.

Robert

Igor

Igor,

I'm posting here an indicator I coded using the rules you explained in page 106. Can you please check it and let me know if it works like the one you can't give us ). Anyway i'm not interested in the indicator you have, i'm much much more interested in the way you use it. Can you please tell me how are you using it? I know it is not related to bigbear strategy but it could help me to use it as a filter for bigbear strategy so would be ok

Here is my version of ZigZag_Trend for Metatrader it paints an arrow where a X% movement was found down or up. If X% down from the recent high than a down arrow placed. It paints more than one arrows of the same color one after the other so you can see where another X% in the same direction was found.

Please check it and let me know what you think

Thanks, Zmax

Files:

Ups,

Found a problem with the indicator, will update a fixed version soon.

Thanks, Zmax

MrPip:
It came to my attention that the EA was using the default inputs for the 2 zigzag indicators.

I am attaching the newest version of the EA.

I modified it to include inputs for the zigzag indicators and added the new MM from Nix.

Robert

What timeframe is the EA supposed to run on - 1 Hr / 4 Hr??

Dave

Dave,

I tested on 1 hr.

I suppose it can be tested on 4 hr or 30 minute but would need to determine what works best for those timeframes.

Robert

1Dave7:
What timeframe is the EA supposed to run on - 1 Hr / 4 Hr?? Dave

MrPip:
Dave,

I tested on 1 hr.

I suppose it can be tested on 4 hr or 30 minute but would need to determine what works best for those timeframes.

Robert

How often does it normally trade a day on one currency?? On an average??

Dave

reverse your question

1Dave7:
How often does it normally trade a day on one currency?? On an average?? Dave

it normally takes 3-5 days for one trade on one currency.

Reason: