Follow The Bouncing Pip - page 70

Good for about 150 pips so far.

robp:
Am I reading the rules correctly with a short on H1 AUDJPY?

Thank You

Hello mbrandt,

" This system was designed & tested with the YEN pairs in mind. I personally prefer the GBP/JPY because of its volatility. Some people don't like it. EUR/JPY costs half as much in spread & moves half as much so people like that one more."

Thanks Bear for the encouragement words...it means a lot to a humble begginer.

I get a giggle out of it...YEN ?! my husband came home yesterday and I showed him my "records"...he doesn't know anything about FX but he knows that much he said "what are you doing? YEN??? didn't you loose big time with YEN before?

Yes "boss", I will concentrate on the YEN and learn it's "pulse" like you said :-)

Thanks again

here is my 1st day with this system -( a little altered...w/small TP...playing around till I get a "true signal) - micro lots...

All in all, I have HIGH hopes now :-)

Files:

Alert not working

burn0050:
Thanks, this is awesome!

I hope you don't mind increase - I have added email support.

Thanks,

burn0050

When I place the indicator on the chart, it gives an alert, but it missed an alert/email this morning on USD/JPY 1H. Need to look at the code and see what's missing... Increase - can you also look at the code?

The indicator does seem to be painting properly, however.

Thanks,

burn0050

Bear,

Thanks for sharing your system. Are you using Fastbroker's retail or pro server (pro charges $10 round turn commission)?

Thanks,

lcfxtrader

Change alert sound

fatman fleming:
To all who have contributed thanks.

Have 2 quick questions:

1) Is there an indicator that has an alert that is able to have the alert sound changed to a different sound file etc?

2) Is there a discussion group on skype or yahoo etc??

I have no idea how to program the alerts otherwise I would not have asked.

Cheers to all.

To answer question #1...

If you have an indicator that has alerts enabled, by default you will get the less than desirable puny alert that no one can hear. You can, however, to into the options of MT4 and change the sound that "alerts" are set to globally within the platform. I tested this with an MP3 the other day. Since MT4 doesn't have an MP3 player built in it will actually invoke windows media player (or whatever your default player is).

Hope this helps. I'd give more detailed instructions but I'm away on business right now and can't "see" my platform.

Thanks!

Gotta wait & wait for big wave to ride EURJPY & GBPJPY H4 TF, otherwise, set back and enjoy the show.

BK

For those who have been trading this any length of time, aren't you always in a trade? A lot of comments I've seen are that people are waiting for signals. But if you're trading signal to signal, aren't you always in?

robp:
For those who have been trading this any length of time, aren't you always in a trade? A lot of comments I've seen are that people are waiting for signals. But if you're trading signal to signal, aren't you always in?

Look at a chart. You may not always get a true buy and then a sell signal. Bear has mentioned that he gets out on the first bounce on occasion.

aha -- that's the part I was missing. The first bounce then is a line without the arrow?

cmartin371:
Look at a chart. You may not always get a true buy and then a sell signal. Bear has mentioned that he gets out on the first bounce on occasion.
Reason: