Follow The Bouncing Pip - page 73

oh my gawd...Don and Mr. Pip are here...

Bring in your children!

just kidding...

But please Mr. Pip, spare us...do not let Don have this!

ES

Can anyone code the EA with the suggestions mentioned earlier from Mr Pip?

This system is great and will be even better if we can automate this with the success we are having with trading this manually

MrPip:
Here is a version of zigzag-pointer that does not erase old arrows. It places yellow arrows where a Green arrow would have appeared and an orange arrow where a Red arrow would have appeared.

I am also attaching SilverTrend_Signal with a new input variable called SSP. Try using a value like 21. The default is the value from the original posted on this thread.

I worked on an EA a few years ago using this indicator and found that higher values for SSP gave better signals on higher timeframes.

Robert

first of all thank you mrpip for creating the indi showing the repainting I guess my next question is how can we trade using your modified zz pointer? Whenever we get a yellow or orange arrow we know its a fake signal?

Maybe if u have time you can post a chart and explain few things.

thank you again

mwbro:
first of all thank you mrpip for creating the indi showing the repainting I guess my next question is how can we trade using your modified zz pointer? Whenever we get a yellow or orange arrow we know its a fake signal?

Maybe if u have time you can post a chart and explain few things.

thank you again

I think you will find that the Yellow or Orange arrow only draws in the past. If I understand what Robert has written it is an Arrow that has been superseded by a new one and instead of the old Green or Red arrow then disappearing and being redrawn in the new place of the new High or Low, it now draws the new arrow, but also leaves an indication by leaving the previous arrow in place, but changing it's colour.

KaMpeR:
I think you will find that the Yellow or Orange arrow only draws in the past. If I understand what Robert has written it is an Arrow that has been superseded by a new one and instead of the old Green or Red arrow then disappearing and being redrawn in the new place of the new High or Low, it now draws the new arrow, but also leaves an indication by leaving the previous arrow in place, but changing it's colour.

hm ok thanks

MrPip:
Here is a version of zigzag-pointer that does not erase old arrows. It places yellow arrows where a Green arrow would have appeared and an orange arrow where a Red arrow would have appeared.

I am also attaching SilverTrend_Signal with a new input variable called SSP. Try using a value like 21. The default is the value from the original posted on this thread.

I worked on an EA a few years ago using this indicator and found that higher values for SSP gave better signals on higher timeframes.

Robert

Thanks Robert Is everything else the same as the old pointer?

KaMpeR:

I do like this method.

However; the above explanation brings the following question to mind for a new user.

If each arrow is an indication of where a "false" arrow appeared in "real-time"... that is a lot of potential entries.....if the line and arrow intersected at that point in time!

Does anyone know how often that would have actually been the case?.....Based on user experience, one might have an idea if that many false entries showed up before the REAL one did.

I have no problem with the concept of small losses to catch the BIG moves. Just wondering......

Thanks!

Perfect question...wow if we could get that info...it would be a great visual and we could scroll back in time to find which instruments were most accurate...or we could determine an MAE or MFE......but this piece of the puzzle may not be revealed to us, unless we send 50 bucks

But seriously Thanks Mr Pip for your free work and willingness to share in the open forums...I can imagine Mr Bear is contacting you just about now...I hope you get the project and we can be allowed to pay !

I might even buy an EA of this...because I do not have time to trade it manually, but if I did this might be what I would spend my time with....I think the EA would be awesome, but there is no free lunch folks...face it!

ES

Brunite:

I do like this method.

However; the above explanation brings the following question to mind for a new user.

If each arrow is an indication of where a "false" arrow appeared in "real-time"... that is a lot of potential entries.....if the line and arrow intersected at that point in time!

Does anyone know how often that would have actually been the case?.....Based on user experience, one might have an idea if that many false entries showed up before the REAL one did.

I have no problem with the concept of small losses to catch the BIG moves. Just wondering......

Thanks!

now we need only the zigzag that draws all lines and we can backtest this strategy manually

ElectricSavant:
Perfect question...wow if we could get that info...it would be a great visual and we could scroll back in time to find which instruments were most accurate...or we could determine an MAE or MFE......but this piece of the puzzle may not be revealed to us, unless we send 50 bucks

But seriously Thanks Mr Pip for your free work and willingness to share in the open forums...I can imagine Mr Bear is contacting you just about now...I hope you get the project and we can be allowed to pay !

I might even buy an EA of this...because I do not have time to trade it manually, but if I did this might be what I would spend my time with....I think the EA would be awesome, but there is no free lunch folks...face it!

ES

ES...

Do you really think it's a coincidence that Mr. Pip is over here on this thread? I've been lying back watching this thread and making only a few comments. I have my mind wrapped around this method for awhile now and it's my intensions to improve upon the indicators that we have now at our disposal.

I have learned that you do get what you pay for as I plan on putting up the money to take these indicators that potentially have flaws in the code and have them improved upon with Mr. Pip's help. I have some ideas that I would like to see coded into a high caliber EA. That's all for now.

Don

Reason: