The Only Pivot - page 203

TimeFreedom:
We have a buy signal and I am in long @ 208.56 using David's EA. TimeFreedom

are you live or demo using this EA?

stevenali:
here you are Pete

yellow box is buy and yellow is sell in direction? or do we need to wait any else?

need clear explain please

Hi all!

stevenali, You can give the indicator which at you time shows?

New York, Tokyo here this indicator!

Thanks!

TimeFreedom:
I have been working on a filter most of last week and have come up with a non-indicator filter using the existing idea of the open price pivot.

The filter is the weekly open price to filter out some of the choppy days. We won't filter out all the choppy days, but a majority of choppy days will be filtered out with this additional weekly open price filter. At the same time we will also filter out some good trades if we were only using the daily open price pivot without the weekly open price pivot filter.

The weekly filter doesn't come into play until Tuesday since the weekly and the daily open price is the same on Mondays, therefore we have no filters on Mondays. We only utilize the weekly filter ("W1F") on Tuesday - Friday. Here are some examples on how the W1F will work:

On Tuesday we have a Daily Open Price of 208.27 and the Weekly Open Price

of 209.13. We would only take trades if SMMA closes below the Daily Open Price of 208.27, Sell, or above Weekly Open Price

of 209.13, Buy.

Enclosed you will find a chart with the daily and weekly open price levels. I have also enclosed the indicators OnlyPivot_Level_WF1, which plots the daily and weekly open price levels and the OnlyPivot_Signal_WF1 for the signals. You will also find the _OnlyPivot_W1F_01 template.

PS: I am open for new ideas and constructive criticism. Let me have it. David can you code the W1F into your EA? I would like to run some backtest to optimize SL and TP?

TimeFreedom

will there be any dot or arrow?:), i have attched it, but no dot or arrow

Half an Order

Hi

The EA initiated only one buy this morning and opened half of the lot it supposed to open.

Instead of 2 X 0.1

it opened 1 X 0.1

Am i missing something, Is anyone else having this problem ?

Although i have noticed that when it does do this theres always a reversal.

Pavlos

Files:
chart.gif  49 kb

You will not get a sell, red, arrow until SMMA closes below the teal, daily open price, horizontal line. We will only get a buy signal when SMMA closes above the gold, weekly open price, horizontal line.

TimeFreedom

wawan:
will there be any dot or arrow?:), i have attched it, but no dot or arrow

Maybe we should have the EA open one trade of 0.20 lots instead of two instances of 0.10 lots?

TimeFreedom

Pavlos:
Hi

The EA initiated only one buy this morning and opened half of the lot it supposed to open.

Instead of 2 X 0.1

it opened 1 X 0.1

Pavlos

Pavlos:
Hi

Instead of 2 X 0.1

it opened 1 X 0.1

Pavlos

Mine did the same thing today. I am not sure why. It may have something to do with the connection, I am not sure. Looking at the history, it took a while for the first order to go through. Maybe that has something to do with it, but I am not sure.

TimeFreedom:
Maybe we should have the EA open one trade of 0.20 lots instead of two instances of 0.10 lots? TimeFreedom

I really dont know why every so often i experience this problem, I wonder if anyone else is experiencing the same

Pavlos

davidwillis:
Mine did the same thing today. I am not sure why. It may have something to do with the connection, I am not sure. Looking at the history, it took a while for the first order to go through. Maybe that has something to do with it, but I am not sure.

My account also only opened one for the GBPJPY. I am using other currencies and it working fine on those ones. My account has opened only 1 GBPJPY twice today...

Reason: