Automated Trading Championship: 2006 and 2007 - page 7

Thanks for clarifying that, that is what I thought, 5 lots max.

Just out of interest, you are wrong, the original question clearly asks if he can trade 5 lots on each pair.

Can I trade 3 pairs that from one open chart and every pair trade 5lots?

KaMpeR:
Thanks for clarifying that, that is what I thought, 5 lots max. Just out of interest, you are wrong, the original question clearly asks if he can trade 5 lots on each pair.

Yes he can.

5 lots max per order.

3 orders max = 15 lots max in total

it was exactly the same thing last year.

Sorry.

My apologies,

I understood from the rules on the forum that a max of 5 lots could be traded at once?

I will go read again and try to understand correctly.

Question please.

Why does the account that I have been assigned to test my EA on then not allow this?

It seems it has a limitation of 5 lots?

If I open a trade of 5 lots and I then try to enter a second trade of 5 lots or even 0.1 lots, I get an error from the server that says invalid lots or lots exceded, something like that?

Could you please explain what I may be doing wrong or what it is that I have misunderstood?

Interview with Roman Zamozhniy (Rich)

On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2007, an Interview with Roman Zamozhniy (Rich) has been published. Roman Zamozhniy, known as Rich was the Winner of the Automated Trading Championship 2006. Regardless his winning in the last-year Championship, Roman completely redesigned his trading strategy. Roman is not afraid of the competition. He feels he fights against the market, and not against other Participants.

The interview was published on the website of Automated Trading Championship 2007 in the News section.

Interview with Tomas Bopp

On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2007, an Interview with Tomas Bopp has been published. Thomas is the Jury Member representing the TRADERS' magazine. In his interview, he tells where and how he studied technical analysis, as well as about his work at Der Zyklus-Analyst. Thomas has also revealed some details of his own Expert Advisor and his estimation of the Automated Trading Championship 2006.

The interview was published on the website of Automated Trading Championship 2007 in the News section.

Technical problems

Guys,

if you got some technical problems, please write about them on MQL4 Community or in the site of ATC 2007 directly.

Interview with Ahmed Soliman (CodersGuru)

On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2007, an Interview with Ahmed Soliman has been published. Ahmed Soliman known as CodersGuru was not in the Top Three of the previous Championship. He tells in his interview what lessons he learned at the previous competition and what, in his opinion, determines success of any Expert Advisor. According to him, effective money management can compensate many errors in an Expert Advisor. At this Championship, Ahmed will submit an unconventional Expert Advisor based on principles other than technical analysis...

I have two problems with the rules of this contest, and I don't understand the reason for either rule. First is the limit on how many trades open. 3 only. Why? Second is only one chart open. My EA requires opening 1 position on 4 pairs. Rule of only 3 kills me. ALso, on a demo account, an EA will not open an order for a different pair other than the open chart. SO if I have GBPUSD chart open, I can't open 1 lot GBPUSD buy and 1 lot EURUSD buy. So this kills me also. I can do this on my live account. The EA works fine, just not on demo.

So, basically, I can't join the contest because of these two, in my opinion, stupid and restricting rules

bhale:
I have two problems with the rules of this contest, and I don't understand the reason for either rule. First is the limit on how many trades open. 3 only. Why? Second is only one chart open. My EA requires opening 1 position on 4 pairs. Rule of only 3 kills me. ALso, on a demo account, an EA will not open an order for a different pair other than the open chart. SO if I have GBPUSD chart open, I can't open 1 lot GBPUSD buy and 1 lot EURUSD buy. So this kills me also. I can do this on my live account. The EA works fine, just not on demo. So, basically, I can't join the contest because of these two, in my opinion, stupid and restricting rules

Hi,

you can open or keep 3 orders simultaneously on any pairs or one pair.

For example: on GBPUSD, EURUSD and USDJPY in the same time.

Also you can ask to open any charts for any TFs.

Maybe it helps.

Reason: