PipMaker v1 - Price action based EA - page 219

mrtools:
Hi Semsemheba, Not sure which version is the best but the version here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177291 post#2059, should work on all brokers, the mod was done on the last version I could find, the indicators for that version posted in the post below the Ea. Also Newdigital did some testing on that version then, some of his results also on that page.

thank you so much sir

i think you mean post #2159 isnt it

please last question

what pairs for this EA

semsemheba:
thank you so much sir

i think you mean post #2159 isnt it

please last question

what pairs for this EA

Yeah post # 2159, as to pairs would start with the majors first.

Why this behavior?

Dear Mrtools,

I use a modified early version of Pipmaker (see attached) and I set spacing to 30 pips so that the positions are 30 pips apart.

When I run the EA, sometimes it gives the correct result (see below): all positions are 30 pips apart;

sometimes it gives the incorrect result (see below): the positions are only 1 to 6 pips apart.

What causes this random behavior?

How to correct it?

Thank you very much for your advice.

forexjim

forexjim:
Dear Mrtools,

I use a modified early version of Pipmaker (see attached) and I set spacing to 30 pips so that the positions are 30 pips apart.

When I run the EA, sometimes it gives the correct result (see below): all positions are 30 pips apart;

sometimes it gives the incorrect result (see below): the positions are only 1 to 6 pips apart.

What causes this random behavior?

How to correct it?

Thank you very much for your advice.

forexjim

Hello Forexjim,

Best explanation I can think of is since this version hadn't been converted to use on extra digit brokers, that very possibly could be causing the problem, anyway converted your version, maybe see if this works, if not let me know will go from there.

Files:

Dear Mrtools,

Thank you so much!

Have tested your correction on IBFX mini platform, worked without problem!

Will test it on Forex.com and FXCM platforms too.

Merci beaucoup!

Forexjim

Hi, I am currently testing PMv14. I find that it is still a risky EA but trading at certain times will help. The EA currently has a "PauseTrading" option but the StartTime and EndTime is in "DayHourMin" format. Can someone please code it to "HourMin" so trading can pause each day between the StartTime and EndTime? Thanks.

Hi, I am currently trying out PMv14 (attached). There is an option for PauseTrading but it is in the format of "DayHourMin" for the StartTime and EndTime. Can someone help to code/change it to "HourMin" so it can pause trading each day between the StartTime and EndTime? Thanks very much.

Files:
pipmakerv14.mq4  36 kb

alfredy:
Hi, I am currently trying out PMv14 (attached). There is an option for PauseTrading but it is in the format of "DayHourMin" for the StartTime and EndTime. Can someone help to code/change it to "HourMin" so it can pause trading each day between the StartTime and EndTime? Thanks very much.

Just find line

int t=TimeDay(TimeCurrent())*10000+TimeHour(TimeCurrent())*100+TimeMinute(TimeCurrent());[/CODE]

and replace with

[CODE]int t=TimeHour(TimeCurrent())*100+TimeMinute(TimeCurrent());

then use start and end time on hours and minutes format, like 1850, 18 for hour, 50 for minute.

Hi there,

I have a quick question regarding Pipmaker V17_3_SL.

For some reason the EA is not trading, I am using Alpari Demo Account, GBPUSD, M5.

I have attached MACD and iTrend indicators to the chart. But for some reason the EA doesn't open a position.

Actually it should have open a short position as MACD and iTrend indicates.

Could someone please give me an advise?

Thank you in advance!

Files:
pipmaker.jpg  162 kb

tfi_markets:
Hi there,

I have a quick question regarding Pipmaker V17_3_SL.

For some reason the EA is not trading, I am using Alpari Demo Account, GBPUSD, M5.

I have attached MACD and iTrend indicators to the chart. But for some reason the EA doesn't open a position.

Actually it should have open a short position as MACD and iTrend indicates.

Could someone please give me an advise?

Thank you in advance!

Hi Tfi_markets,

Are you getting any errors in your terminal experts or journal tabs?

Reason: