PipMaker v1 - Price action based EA - page 134

Another Set File

All,

I've been forwarding testing pipmaker for 5 months now. Only 2 pairs have not blown up the account, CHFJPY and EURCHF. I've tried ALL pairs with many set files and the previous post's set file is the CLOSEST to not blowing up the GBPUSD. Every other set file I've tried has drained the account! By the way, you need to have a BIG account (>$5K) to whether ANY market storm and the risk MUST BE set to low. I've added the set files that are working to date and I've tweeked the GBPUSD using the set file from above. I believe these three will prevail!

v/r

Jeff

Questions with Pipmaker 15

I am new to forex, and I am playing around with the settings and am testing it. I am doing a demo with 1,000 usd at 1:100 leverage. Sorry some of questions might seem stupid, but I am still learning.

1) It only makes small trades, where the profit is low, around $3.00 and lower. How do I have it make larger trades with more profit each trade?

2) It stops trading because it says max profit is reached. I increased profit target to 5. Do i have to change that even more, or change some other settings?

3)I have noticed that some people have their periodicity set at H1, I have it at M1, does it make a difference?

Thanks for all the help.

Hi Iron

Can you clarify for me which Pipmaker version you are using?

Big thanks to Enforcer and yourself.

I am using live PipMaker v-15_1 since 1 SEP 2008, using MM, with 0.1 risk, on a 5k acct with IBFX mini. Autospacing STDdev tf 60, period 14. I'm lowering risk at every 1,000 usd win, so, at 6,000 usd equity, risk is 0.09, at 7,000 usd, 0.08, and so on. Very good results, but made some mistakes, as I have closed manually some positions, otherwise the profit would have been now around 100%

Also using it on a 50,000 usd acct with Alpari demo, since 11 AUG 2008, profit made 97,000 usd, settings are the same. Here i do no intervention in the EA's functionality.

Also started a demo with IBFX mini 5,000 usd, no MM, 0.01 lot, 0.05 inclot, profit target 30, same spacing settings.

The EA has some problems with orders closing, due to requotes, so you have to be careful and supervise it all the time....maybe someone can fix this...

dragosd1:
I am using live PipMaker v-15_1 since 1 SEP 2008, using MM, with 0.1 risk, on a 5k acct with IBFX mini. Autospacing STDdev tf 60, period 14. I'm lowering risk at every 1,000 usd win, so, at 6,000 usd equity, risk is 0.09, at 7,000 usd, 0.08, and so on. Very good results, but made some mistakes, as I have closed manually some positions, otherwise the profit would have been now around 100%

Also using it on a 50,000 usd acct with Alpari demo, since 11 AUG 2008, profit made 97,000 usd, settings are the same. Here i do no intervention in the EA's functionality.

Also started a demo with IBFX mini 5,000 usd, no MM, 0.01 lot, 0.05 inclot, profit target 30, same spacing settings.

The EA has some problems with orders closing, due to requotes, so you have to be careful and supervise it all the time....maybe someone can fix this...

Do you think you can post your settings? I want to take a look, i dont know what im doing wrong? Its not trading properly.Thanks

jlust286:
I have fixed the problem with pipmaker leaving orders open because of requotes. It will not start next trade cycle until all buy or sells are closed.

I still didn`t test this but for sure you need to change as well:

extern int ProfitTarget = 1;

make it:

extern double ProfitTarget = 1;

as Lemyx said few pages before. I`ve seen you did Slippage=2 (internal settings), this is o.k.

this is still a lovely EA.. good to see people still working on it.

make it: extern double ProfitTarget = 1;

I have renamed it as v 15.2

download it in post #1345

I have fixed the problem with pipmaker leaving orders open because of requotes. It will not start next trade cycle until all buy or sells are closed.

download it in post #1345

jlust286:
Opps. That code fix that i did a couple post back didn't close orders left open from requotes because I forgot a line in the initialize function. Here it is again.

Thank's but I don't know, it will manage the previous version open orders if I change it now? I have several orders open with v15....

About the settings, here they are...

one is with MM, the other whitout.

Reason: