PipMaker v1 - Price action based EA - page 83

So is working better with new modifications?

It placed any recovery order?

Is working on other pairs too, just find proper settings for each pair.

Enforcer:
So is working better with new modifications?

It placed any recovery order?

Is working on other pairs too, just find proper settings for each pair.

The new modification with Loss Management and Reversal Trading is working much better, on Monday it made total about 19 trades and profited 80 pips !!! in the 100 pips range GBP USD.

15 profit trades and 4 loss trades, and I did this in the Real Account.

Do you have the proper setting for GBP/JPY? I do appreciate if you can post it.

Thanks in advance.

Edick

Ooppss... I forgot, yes it placed recovery order too

Glad to hear you got nice profit.

Be careful with those recovery orders, is enough to have one that fail to take profit...

I don't tested too much on GBP/JPY, I still try to optimize it for GPB/USD.

Help

which pair currently making good pips? I've been using it on GBP/JPY but I get big DD. And what kind of indicator should confirm the trend? Someone said with reverse signal is more accurate? so against all the indicators?

Togu:
which pair currently making good pips? I've been using it on GBP/JPY but I get big DD. And what kind of indicator should confirm the trend? Someone said with reverse signal is more accurate? so against all the indicators?

GPB/USD is perform best until now.

Trend is confirmed by DPO which basically compares M30 MA against D1 MA

if(iMA(Symbol(),PERIOD_M30,2,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_WEIGHTED,0)>(iOpen(Symbol(),PERIOD_D1,0)+MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_SPREAD)*Point)) {tradeDirection=1;} // Trade Direction Long if(iMA(Symbol(),PERIOD_M30,2,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_WEIGHTED,0)<(iOpen(Symbol(),PERIOD_D1,0)-MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_SPREAD)*Point)) {tradeDirection=-1;} // Trade Direction Short

Second indicator is CCI.

I've took a closer look and indeed is better to use signal reversed.

Why?

In most cases last one or two orders placed according to trend fail due trend reversal.

On reversed signal will be closed in profit, as well previous orders, trend fluctuation is enough to collect 10 pips.

\ /

\/

x <- On non reversed signal here is placed a sell order

On reversed signal here is placed a buy order.

No matter if signal is reversed or not, if trend changes too fast will be not good.

That's the reason for Loss management.

Hi Enforcer, can you post a preset file you use, as loss management does stop the trades very frequently in my settings.

sivach:
Hi Enforcer, can you post a preset file you use, as loss management does stop the trades very frequently in my settings.

Look in my post with last tester report, currently I have no fixed settings, as I run various tests

Also depends very much on broker, so my settings may be no good for you.

If get orders closed too often try to increase spacing and MaxLoss.

Best thing is to run your own tests/optimization to see what is working for you.

Enforcer:
Glad to hear you got nice profit.

Be careful with those recovery orders, is enough to have one that fail to take profit...

I don't tested too much on GBP/JPY, I still try to optimize it for GPB/USD.

OK Enforcer...you have contributed much so far.

I am also reviewing while using it on the real account.

Perhaps this EA is very good to be used during the Asia and European time session, and should be turned off during american sessioan at 13.00 GMT - 15.00 GMT...but again I am still reviewing it.

Today I got 54 pips so far and hope that will get more pips to come.

Enforcer....look forward to the advance one, thanks

I'll made a new version optimized, I already found a better way for recovery, still need testing as code for loss management was took from my own EA (still in early phase) and adapted to PipMaker.

Maybe if I manage to implant my features to PipMaker it would be no need to continue on my EA if the hybrid may come better:)

Lol, I'm feeling like dr. Frankenstein

Reason: