Ocean theory based indicators - page 9

Was experimenting and also trying to learn more about Tema, especially the Tema being used in these ocn indicators, anyway this is one positive result i guess, changed out the Tema, with a zero lag Tema, I thought it would be faster but instead speed wise seems about the same but smooth wise quite a bit different, so possibly might be of some value.

ps) forgot to mention if you use price = 7 you will be using heiken ashi close.

Confused

I really would appreciate help with my confusion (posted here since it is Ocean-based) ...

See attached expert, indicator and screenshots.

Sloman's speaks of fans and singularities. When speaking of fans he is describing the different rates of divergence/convergence seen among similar indicators. Singularities are where these indicators approach the same value. The former can describe a trend, the later an inflection point.

The attached so-called 'rainbow' is an attempt to use the mtf (in this case of nmm) to create a view that uses a common indicator but visualizes elements of the fan and the singularity across multiple timeframes.

The expert is used to illustrate reading values from the indicator.

My trouble is reading values from the mtf indicator for higher order timeframes and getting stable results for previous bars (regardless of interpolation).

By way of illustration, consider the screenshots.

Each screenshot is from a unique H1 bar. The indicator shows the H4 value of -0.1289 and the D1 value of -2.2868 in each case.

However, neither of these values appear in the expert chart for H4 and D1 arrays read from the indicator on earlier bars.

Where is the coding error and / or the wrong assumption?

Apparently there's a limit on the number of files per post; therefore, expert in next post.

Thanks in advance.

Files:

...expert

adeo:

...Apparently there's a limit on the number of files per post...

...therefore, expert in next post.

Files:

adeo

Do it like these are doing

adeo:
I really would appreciate help with my confusion (posted here since it is Ocean-based) ...

See attached expert, indicator and screenshots.

Sloman's speaks of fans and singularities. When speaking of fans he is describing the different rates of divergence/convergence seen among similar indicators. Singularities are where these indicators approach the same value. The former can describe a trend, the later an inflection point.

The attached so-called 'rainbow' is an attempt to use the mtf (in this case of nmm) to create a view that uses a common indicator but visualizes elements of the fan and the singularity across multiple timeframes.

The expert is used to illustrate reading values from the indicator.

My trouble is reading values from the mtf indicator for higher order timeframes and getting stable results for previous bars (regardless of interpolation).

By way of illustration, consider the screenshots.

Each screenshot is from a unique H1 bar. The indicator shows the H4 value of -0.1289 and the D1 value of -2.2868 in each case.

However, neither of these values appear in the expert chart for H4 and D1 arrays read from the indicator on earlier bars.

Where is the coding error and / or the wrong assumption?

Apparently there's a limit on the number of files per post; therefore, expert in next post.

Thanks in advance.

combine mas & sd?

Mladen:

Would you combine the mas and sd/hist into one indicator for nmc, nmc2, nms, nmm & nmr?

I think I'm messing up the by ref handling.

If there is a buffer left, would you add a dot for zero hits on the nmc and nmc2?

Thank you for this consolidation that will help with real estate.

Ocean nmm smoothed ...

Ocean nmm with an option to be additionally smoothed (simple or "double" - remember that double smoothing is in this case "faster")

adeo

Just for clarification : you mean you wish all those as one indicator with a choice which should be calculated in which case?

adeo:
Mladen:

Would you combine the mas and sd/hist into one indicator for nmc, nmc2, nms, nmm & nmr?

I think I'm messing up the by ref handling.

If there is a buffer left, would you add a dot for zero hits on the nmc and nmc2?

Thank you for this consolidation that will help with real estate.

mladen:
adeo Just for clarification : you mean you wish all those as one indicator with a choice which should be calculated in which case?

I had not thought of that; rather thinking to just combine the two existing into one indicator. Your idea has merit, however, in that it might reduce future maintenance, additions or changes (like your smoothing, mtf and so forth). You are the authority without rival there.

Just a bump to confirm continued interest in this. Thanks in advance.

mladen:
adeo Just for clarification : you mean you wish all those as one indicator with a choice which should be calculated in which case?

Ocean natural moving average 2 ...

There is one version of a smoothed nma at this thread already. But at the time when it was made, our proprietary smoothing method did not exist. So decided to see what happens if that kind of smoothing is used. Added two kinds of smoothing : "pre" smoothing (when the price is smoothed prior to being used in calculations and "pos" smoothing (when the calculated result is smoothed). The interesting effect of ut is that if you use larger smoothing period for "pre" smoothing it tends to be faster while if you use it for "pos" smoothing it does the usual "slowing" down as it is expected. That way some strange and unexpected results can be achieved. Here is an example of an indicator using 40 period "pre" smoothing and 6 period "pos" smoothing (as it is seen, it look quite OK in this combination).

Files:
Reason: