Stochastic Oscillator, the beginning - page 56

zilliq:
Hi MrTools

I try your indicator and I find it very interesting

Can you explain how you calculate that

If I don't write some mistake

To calculate the DSS, the formula is:

indic=exponentialaverage[r]((close-lowest[n](low))/(highest[n](high)-lowest[n](low)))

DSS=100*exponentialaverage[r]((indic-lowest[n](indic))/(highest[n](indic)-lowest[n](indic)))

So, do you replace close, low, and high by the RSX ?

Thanks a lot for your next answer

Zilliq

Zilliq

It is replaced with a single value simply because at one bar rsx has just one value. The other parameters are there in order to be able to calculate the regular high/low ds stochastic (when it expects close,high and low, but even then you can use any combination of prices)

Thanks Mladen for your anwser

I'm not sure to understand

You mean that on the first line of code close, high and low are remplaced by RSX ? like that

indic=exponentialaverage[r]((rsx-lowest[n](rsx))/(highest[n](rsx)-lowest[n](rsx)))

and the DSS is the same as in my post ?

Thanks for your answer

Zilliq

zilliq:
Thanks Mladen for your anwser

I'm not sure to understand

You mean that on the first line of code close, high and low are remplaced by RSX ? like that

indic=exponentialaverage[r]((rsx-lowest[n](rsx))/(highest[n](rsx)-lowest[n](rsx)))

and the DSS is the same as in my post ?

Thanks for your answer

Zilliq

Yes.

If you take a look at the iDss function and how it is called from the loop, you will see that it translates to exactly that

ok thanks mladen

have a nice night

zilliq

mladen:
Double smoothed stochastic of momentum. 3 different momentums used in calculation : momemntum of close, momentum of high and momentum of low. That way the double smoothed stochastic has almost "realistic" conditions for a perfect high-low stochastic calculation. That is why it can not be compared to a "simple" momentum : it is a combination of 3 momentums

Dear Mladen,it looks good on any period. Thank you for your work.

Best regards,

DSS of MACD 3

Double smoothed stochastic of 3 macds : macd of close, macd of high and macd of low. Some experimenting with parameters advised

Files:

Looks nice

I have a best profitable Expert advisor. nerver loss your account. you can check performance live logging to my account

Bad place to spam... go away

daminda1989:
I have a best profitable Expert advisor. nerver loss your account. you can check performance live logging to my account

This is one more experiment with DSS

In this case 3 dss oscillators are calculated : of close, high and low, and a signal line of the combined 3 values. results are unexpected in some cases, but the indicator itself looks usable

Files:
Reason: