How to use Support and Resistance Effectively - page 80

Fx Referee:
Can you please give detail of this digital link you posted. Thanks

What link are you talking about? Please refresh my memory and I will elaborate on it..

Coding SOS

Hi team,

I am a novice coder and have had a crack at this REALLY basic indy, but cant nut it out myself. I am trying to achieve what I have shown in the picture attachment. It would be really basic for someone who knows what they are doing. I have attached my coding efforts if someone wants a laugh, but need someone be good enough to help me out and code this puppy further.

All I want to do is enter the figures into the input window at the start of each day, and it draws the support/resistance lines. At the start of a new day I want to change the figures and it paints NEW lines for the new day. BUT it leaves the previous days levels painted. Much as I have drawn in the attachment.

Lovin the forum, peace out people.

JK

P.S. At the moment I have the horizontal lines going all the way across the chart. I dont know how to end the lines at the period seperators.

The attachment I have drawn what I want, not what my indy is currently doing.

Files:

jeffkerwin:
Hi team,

I am a novice coder and have had a crack at this REALLY basic indy, but cant nut it out myself. I am trying to achieve what I have shown in the picture attachment. It would be really basic for someone who knows what they are doing. I have attached my coding efforts if someone wants a laugh, but need someone be good enough to help me out and code this puppy further.

All I want to do is enter the figures into the input window at the start of each day, and it draws the support/resistance lines. At the start of a new day I want to change the figures and it paints NEW lines for the new day. BUT it leaves the previous days levels painted. Much as I have drawn in the attachment.

Lovin the forum, peace out people.

JK

P.S. At the moment I have the horizontal lines going all the way across the chart. I dont know how to end the lines at the period seperators.

The attachment I have drawn what I want, not what my indy is currently doing.

I think a good piece of advice for you would be to forget about indicators and trying to "program" forex trading, learn to draw in support and resistance by hand, it is a subjective thing, good trading requires a discretionary eye, that is the bottom line.

KG Support And Resistance Strategy

Hello,

I need a simple modify for the attached support and resistance indicator. It currently has an alarm to sound when a breakout is made. But I need to disable that, and instead make it sound an alert as soon as a new resistance bar appears. I'll be greatful if anyone can modify this.

Thanks

indicators based system VS no indicator based system!

Hi guys.

here i really like start a good discuss about trading systems and actually, talk about indicator based system benefit ( if have any! ). i think indicator systems based are crap! all of them! i mean come on! did you really expect with a simple changing color from red to green market go up? yes maybe sometimes this crap worked, but if ask me , i will tell you with loud sound, that indicators are faked, they can`t stay alive for a long time.

i don`t use any indicator, my chart is wholly empty! we must learn use indicatorless systems. we really need do that, because if we don`t , sooner or later we lose our money. no one can win with indicator, if anyone said : I CAN! , he/she is a lair.

this is my idea , i really like hear from you guys about this, whats your idea?

seantrade:
I agree, I love support and resistance trading!

yes, very vital, although it's hard to use them by itself.

I use Fibonacci pivot points S/R in my trading. It's one of the most commonly used for a reason . However, I have heard someone mention Super-kluster Fibonacci which I'm interested in finding out more about.

Chess4Life:
I use Fibonacci pivot points S/R in my trading. It's one of the most commonly used for a reason . However, I have heard someone mention Super-kluster Fibonacci which I'm interested in finding out more about.

Can you share the Super-kluster Fibonacci indicator?Thanks!

I do not know about that indicator

but FIBO -- concept , I don't like it as when is the big wave that happen, hard to quantify

cluster concept is graduate school papers stuff -- lots of paper talk about it -- I am currently into it -- just like physics Brownian motion

finding the center of big ban etc - in more simple words

these are not for normal reader, but if you are into dig, you can read it for a couple of hours

http://goo.gl/wmUr5

Toward Direct Measurement of Atmospheric Nucleation

people earn phD just by doing some maths study on clusters

simple mind people can think of clusters as too huge oil spillage -- that is my current methodology -- will try out the experiment on forex , from next tuesday onward -

mladen:
Like this?
Just replace the one from your post with this one if it is what you had in mind

A nice weekend to all

regards

Hi Mladen

I have tried to download this, it loads n shows up in the indicator list, when I attach it to the charts, nothing shows? I tried again using the one in the paper clip, same as? Please can u advise. Many thanks.

Reason: