EA : Demo vs Real Account - page 2

You may want to read this thread first

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176704

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176695

there more than one post at least 10 posts on different threads I have told traders more than 100 times but no one listen, I think people like to learn the hard way.

Demo results will never match real live account, NEVER

MiniMe is present on all the messages and knows very well this forum and

all these messages

Forward testing v.s. live trading

This question is for those of you using an EA on a live account. I've been forward testing my EA on a demo account (for a few months) and it looks good. I was wondering if any of you trading live could tell me how forward testing on a demo account differs from live trading. Please only respond if you've used an EA forward testing on a demo, then went to a real money account with it. I don't want any backtesting garbage.

jturns23:
This question is for those of you using an EA on a live account. I've been forward testing my EA on a demo account (for a few months) and it looks good. I was wondering if any of you trading live could tell me how forward testing on a demo account differs from live trading. Please only respond if you've used an EA forward testing on a demo, then went to a real money account with it. I don't want any backtesting garbage.

The difference is mainly in execution. In demo you'll get much better execution in faster time, in non-demo [depending on where you trade] the execution can be lot slower.

If your EA is using longer term strategy, there isn't probably that much difference. If you are scalping using demo then there probably a big difference.

Is not only that, using same EA on demo it open more orders, in live data is filtered/smoothed and EA do not trigger so often as in demo.

Also I noticed orders are closed with lower profit on live. Just yesterday on demo and live was opened orders at same time, but on demo was closed on 25 pips while on live on 10 pips...

Thanks for your response. My EA is far from a scalping EA. I trade on the 1hr TF and I've had trades that were running almost a week. Hopefully results will be similar.

EA has different performance in demo and live account

I installed the EA in both the demo and live account.

In order to make the comparision between this two account, all the setting and instruments are the same.

but, I find that the EA in the demo account run very well, but the EA in the live account has different performance.

why ?

How to solve this problem ?

Signal from demo account to real account

Hi, All,

I has a EA running in the demo account , and it can get little profit. How can I get the trade to my real account ?

any EA to do this ?

any thread in this forum related to this topic ?

thanks

Carlo

mikkom:
The difference is mainly in execution. In demo you'll get much better execution in faster time, in non-demo [depending on where you trade] the execution can be lot slower. If your EA is using longer term strategy, there isn't probably that much difference. If you are scalping using demo then there probably a big difference.

I agree Mikkom.

Execution is the word for scalpers!

So, for scalp the market please stay away from typical market makers... go with ECN, NO dealing desk brokers (EXNESS, COLLECTIVE, DUKAS, FXCBS ...)

Rgds.

Carlo:
Hi, All,

I has a EA running in the demo account , and it can get little profit. How can I get the trade to my real account ?

any EA to do this ?

any thread in this forum related to this topic ?

thanks

Carlo

You may need to purchase a tradecopy ea

Reason: