Orders trigger late during scalping the news

Guys,

I am calling upon your expertise on how to solve the following issue, while executing scalping strategy I have been having problem with the Sell Stop or the Buy Stop order being triggered by the MT4 way late after the price has moved, I am talking about 20 to 30 pips after, this is messing with my strategy. I normally set the orders to be executed 8 pips above or below the current price just minutes before the news comes out, I understand once the new comes out there is massive movement on buying or selling and my order are basically in a queue but I consider that 20 or 30 pips of delay is way too much. Have you encountered this problem before? What was the reason for it? How do you managed to overcome it? 

I really appreciate any input you might want to share so I can shine some light on this issue.

Thanks a lot

Jesus 

JBVQ2020: I am calling upon your expertise on how to solve the following issue, while executing scalping strategy I have been having problem with the Sell Stop or the Buy Stop order being triggered by the MT4 way late after the price has moved, I am talking about 20 to 30 pips after, this is messing with my strategy. I normally set the orders to be executed 8 pips above or below the current price just minutes before the news comes out, I understand once the new comes out there is massive movement on buying or selling and my order are basically in a queue but I consider that 20 or 30 pips of delay is way too much. Have you encountered this problem before? What was the reason for it? How do you managed to overcome it? 

I really appreciate any input you might want to share so I can shine some light on this issue.

I think you must mean 20-30 points and not pips (20-30 points = 2-3 pips, which is normal slippage on EUR/USD during news, sometimes more during very volatile events).

JBVQ2020:

Guys,

I am calling upon your expertise on how to solve the following issue, while executing scalping strategy I have been having problem with the Sell Stop or the Buy Stop order being triggered by the MT4 way late after the price has moved, I am talking about 20 to 30 pips after, this is messing with my strategy. I normally set the orders to be executed 8 pips above or below the current price just minutes before the news comes out, I understand once the new comes out there is massive movement on buying or selling and my order are basically in a queue but I consider that 20 or 30 pips of delay is way too much. Have you encountered this problem before? What was the reason for it? How do you managed to overcome it? 

Thanks a lot

Jesus 

are you sure about the amount that you said ?

consider the stop level of your broker as first factor

Mohsen Bjp:

are you sure about the amount that you said ?

consider the stop level of your broker as first factor

Yes it is 20 to 30 Pips!!! That's the issue, the volatility is such that the order do not get trigger until 20 or 30 pips late!!!

Fernando Carreiro:
I think you must mean 20-30 points and not pips (20-30 points = 2-3 pips, which is normal slippage on EUR/USD during news, sometimes more during very volatile events).

Fernando, it is in fact 20-30 pips. :-S

JBVQ2020: Fernando, it is in fact 20-30 pips. :-S
  1. What Symbol?
  2. What is your average spread for that symbol?
  3. What is your broker's Stops Level condition and Freeze Level condition for that symbol?
  4. Is this a "Instant Execution" (Dealing Desk/Market Maker) or a "Market Execution" (Non Dealing Desk/ECN/STP) account?

Fernando Carreiro:
  1. What Symbol? EUR
  2. What is your average spread for that symbol? 2 pips
  3. What is your broker's Stops Level condition and Freeze Level condition for that symbol? 1 pip (10 points)
  4. Is this a "Instant Execution" (Dealing Desk/Market Maker) or a "Market Execution" (Non Dealing Desk/ECN/STP) account? "Buy Stop" Order

Fernando,

Above some answers. 

But it happened last week again, this time with NZD during the CPI news, the order got close due to SL about 30 pips!! after the actual SL limit set by me which was 6pips. See below please:

Ticket Open Time Type Size Item Price S / L T / P Close Time Price Commission Taxes Swap Profit
15869857 2021.07.16 01:44:31 sell 0.01 nzdusd 0.69836 0.69897 0.00000 2021.07.16 01:45:00 0.70144 0.00 0.00 0.00 -3.08

I am not sure if this got to do with internet connection, as the order suppose to be in the broker server once I put it in or is due to a very slow respond of the server, I am using FxPro.  The price move during the news was extremely fast in fact, it moved ~40 pips in a blink of an eye.

What do you think?

I highly appreciate your comments

Thanks

JBVQ2020: Above some answers. 

1. What Symbol? EUR
  2. What is your average spread for that symbol? 2 pips
  3. What is your broker's Stops Level condition and Freeze Level condition for that symbol? 1 pip (10 points)
  4. Is this a "Instant Execution" (Dealing Desk/Market Maker) or a "Market Execution" (Non Dealing Desk/ECN/STP) account? "Buy Stop" Order

But it happened last week again, this time with NZD during the CPI news, the order got close due to SL about 30 pips!! after the actual SL limit set by me which was 6pips. See below please:

Ticket Open Time Type Size Item Price S / L T / P Close Time Price Commission Taxes Swap Profit
15869857 2021.07.16 01:44:31 sell 0.01 nzdusd 0.69836 0.69897 0.00000 2021.07.16 01:45:00 0.70144 0.00 0.00 0.00 -3.08

I am not sure if this got to do with internet connection, as the order suppose to be in the broker server once I put it in or is due to a very slow respond of the server, I am using FxPro.  The price move during the news was extremely fast in fact, it moved ~40 pips in a blink of an eye.

What do you think? I highly appreciate your comments

For question 4, I already know that you are using a pending order. I want to know the "Execution Type" for the account.

The pending order will execute on the trader server, so this is not a internet problem.

Are you using a fixed spread account? If so then that will be an "Instant Execution" account and slippage on those accounts are much greater.

However, on my broker, there was in fact a huge spike during that minute. The M1 bar at that time has a range of 54.9 pips (549 points). So it is plausible that your order S/L was triggered due to news event and not due to any funny business.

Study your own M1 data for that time and see if it matches.

Reason: