New EA based on the !xMeter - page 32

Wow

Wow, so far so good on my demo account forward testing.

3 trades all big winners.

ejohnston5:
Wow, so far so good on my demo account forward testing. 3 trades all big winners.

Hello ejohnston5

Could you please advise which parameter has you used, because I'm forward testing this EA since a week with out any trade so far.

Thank you, I', using IBFX normal (no mini) account

We didn't know how to start a thread but we have a MT4 question that we needed some answers with. From what we understand you can have more than one strategy running on the same pair of currency. So what happens when you shut down one strategy and re-start it. how does the EA is supposed to know the # of orders that are attached to it- that is if we allow for open and pending orders to remain in effect after we shut down our EA.

this may sound mundane but we need to account for the event that there is an interrpution in business operations and you end up re-starting the applications afresh...

Thanks,\

oxus:

We didn't know how to start a thread but we have a MT4 question that we needed some answers with. From what we understand you can have more than one strategy running on the same pair of currency. So what happens when you shut down one strategy and re-start it. how does the EA is supposed to know the # of orders that are attached to it- that is if we allow for open and pending orders to remain in effect after we shut down our EA.

this may sound mundane but we need to account for the event that there is an interrpution in business operations and you end up re-starting the applications afresh...

Thanks,\

Hi,

obviously this should be in a separate thread but I'll try to answer here.

Yes, MetaTrader supports running multiple EAs on the same account. There is only 1 limitation: 1 EA per chart is supported. So if You want 2 or more EAs to trade the same pair You have to open a separate chart for each of the EAs.

EAs should identify their own orders by a hidden identifier called Magic Number. Unfortunately, as an end user You don't have control about this behavior. Most EAs do use Magic Numbers and most of them have it as a trade parameter for You to change it if necessary. Changing MagicNumber while an EA has open orders will most likely cause the EA to 'forget' it's already existing trades.

Regarding behavior upon strategy restart is another thing You don't have control over. When You stop and restart an EA it has to re-initialize itself. This means that it should look at open orders and possibly recent trade history to know where did it stop. You only can hope that the EA you use does it nicely. This is a very important thing You should check on a demo with every EA!

To connect Your questions to this thread: xMeter (from version 1.6 at least) does the recovery very nicely and also uses MagicNumber to differentiate it's orders.

fxvoilaaa:
has anyone backtested the latest version recently?

Unfortunately, xMeter 1.8 cannot be backtested. It would give untrue results because MT4 only allows accessing of tick data for only 1 pair while backtesting. This causes xMeter to not to be able to calculate currency strengths...

I guess MT5 allows it, You just need to convert the code

facuz75@hotmail.com:
Hello ejohnston5

Could you please advise which parameter has you used, because I'm forward testing this EA since a week with out any trade so far.

Thank you, I', using IBFX normal (no mini) account

Check the 'Expert' tab for information about EA behavior. If You're getting spread errors You should increase SpreadLimit value (5 digit broker requires 10 times bigger value). Also xMeter needs to access all available symbols. Make sure You have them enabled in Your Market Watch window (right click in Market Watch and select Show All - or similar).

Settings

I'm using Alpari broker and default settings for the EA. I did change the spread to 500 and it began trading immediately afterwards. The spread was set on default of 10 so I changed it to 50. Still no trades so I changed it to 500 just to get it to trade.

Strange, today it opened and closed two different trades for $0.00 each. Took the trades then decided it didn't like them I guess or the values between the currencies changed against me?

ejohnston5:
I'm using Alpari broker and default settings for the EA. I did change the spread to 500 and it began trading immediately afterwards. The spread was set on default of 10 so I changed it to 50. Still no trades so I changed it to 500 just to get it to trade. Strange, today it opened and closed two different trades for $0.00 each. Took the trades then decided it didn't like them I guess or the values between the currencies changed against me?

Yeah, Alpari is a 5 digit broker, so SpreadLimit = 50 acutally means 5.0 pips spread; 500 means 50.0 that should enable all currencies most of the time.

$0.00 trades are trades that were stopped out after SL moved to breakeven. xMeter starts with a large SL and moves it up to breakeven when possible (this is based on price movement's standard deviation). Unfortunately there are times when this BE SL gets hit time after time. I was thinking on changing this (e.g. move to 1 pip profit instead of 0) but EA has great results with this method so I didn't change it.

Basket

I just found this amazing piece of work. With your calculation you are not far from a perfect basket EA.

Make the EA to pick out 6—14 currency from T101 basket that fill the criteria.

I talk about the latest updates.

Reason: